Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Wallabies Vs France Lineup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    No the answer isn't obvious.

Basically what I am hearing (not necessarily Deans' opinion though) is that Shepherd is being sub'd out because he was "unspectacular." And all I am asking is what has Barnes done that has been so "spectacular" that he warrants staying in the lineup?

Not trying to be funny. I think both players, Barnes and Shepherd did their jobs, but neither were "spectacular."
    well i dont think shepherd got sacked for being 'unspectacular', i think he got benched because he was pedestrian and in 160min of rugby the only thing notable he did was one run.. thats what some people call pedestrian.

im not saying barnes was spectacular either, in fact i dont think any of the wallabies have being 'spectacular', but unlike shepherd i dont think he was a passenger and he actually contributed something to the games.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    well i dont think shepherd got sacked for being 'unspectacular', i think he got benched because he was pedestrian and in 160min of rugby the only thing notable he did was one run.. thats what some people call pedestrian.

im not saying barnes was spectacular either, in fact i dont think any of the wallabies have being 'spectacular', but unlike shepherd i dont think he was a passenger and he actually contributed something to the games.
    Well look at the difference in the amount of ball that Barnes got in comparison, we'd be speaking a different tune if, I think it was Hynes, made that pass to Shepherd who was screaming through on the outside, but no, he didn't make the pass and Shepherd didn't get the chance to show what he was made of, it happened in both the tests. Even the All Blacks seem to be underwhelming when they are deprived of the ball, yet once again, considering the amount of ball Barnes did he should have done alot more with it.

vCash
    The positive is that Robbie has options, he will find the right combinations sooner, rather than later and then it will all click.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    how long did it take you to come up with that GIGS?

How long after saturday's test is the announcement of the 3N squad??
    Posted via Mobile Device
    About three days!

Nah, I just had a busy weekend and didn't log on un itl Monday AM

C'mon the

vCash
    blr- haha i do most of the time... ill work on all the time

im hoping that deans is just experimenting this game, trying to find out how some of the other wallabies are reacting to his training and stuff before the tri-nations starts happening. if not, im worried. i think turner got lucky to get in there, and im VERY dissapointed that hoiles gets to step over brownie to get in there. may the wallabies selection of monday morning bring some much needed australia a guys back...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4