Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tahu backed for Tri-Nations

vCash
    good luck on him getting the posistion anyway.
    while gits had a bad game last week, i think he is still going about cementing himself as the wallabies first option for flyhalf.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    tahu should wait his turn. potential doesnt make someone an automatic wallaby. i mean, look at JOC and longbottom... they have incredible potential, played about the same number of games as tahu. where are they? not expecting to play trinations for the wallabies. tahu has the, i dont know if you call it advantage, but the something of having league experiance, but hes not wallaby standard... YET!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    But... Tahu has BMT (Big Match Temprement), he's played on the big stage and thrived. JOC and Longbottom (haha) are players of the future, let em finish school first

vCash
    Give him a crack, he deserves his chance.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    i dont think you can compare Tahu and Joc.

Tahu has being a professional sportsmen for close to a decade and has proven himself on the big stage.. Joc has played 5 games and isnt 18 yet.

vCash
    he is actually.
    as of today

vCash
    i said tahu had the kind-of-advantage of playing league for so long, but he has played LESS s14 games that joc. i read somewhere tahu played 3... please tell me if im wrong. i just think he isnt ready for a wallaby debut just yet. crossy waited his turn patiently...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    Yet Gits played for the Wallabies before S14 didn't he? Or did I just make that up?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    putting it like that Robyn i would tell both of them to wait their turn. J'OC is the future, you speak of potential in an earlier post, potential doesn't mean your up to Wallaby standard either. Tahu is playing some pretty solid rugby for Aus A mind you. True J'OC aqquited himself well for the Force at the end of the season, he still has plenty to learn and like I and several others said is the future.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    i wasnt saying that joc should be in the wallabies team for tonight. no way! what im trying (and failing) to say is that union-wise, tahu has had the same experiance as our 18yr old who isnt allowed to play u20s. i was juuust trying to compare the 2 players and how they have both had simmilar game time, yet one is expected to become a wallaby on monday, but the other is doing nothing much rugby-wise at the moment. sorry. im not very good at explaining myself...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    i wasnt saying that joc should be in the wallabies team for tonight. no way! what im trying (and failing) to say is that union-wise, tahu has had the same experiance as our 18yr old who isnt allowed to play u20s. i was juuust trying to compare the 2 players and how they have both had simmilar game time, yet one is expected to become a wallaby on monday, but the other is doing nothing much rugby-wise at the moment. sorry. im not very good at explaining myself...
    I think Tahu needs another season but your argument why is incorrect, JOC shouldnt be brought into the argument, he is largely untested while Tahu has shown in a different, quite similar sport, that he can play good rugby. Just because you switch codes doesnt mean you start with a blank slate. He has mental strength that only comes with playing sport at a high level, JOC doesnt.

vCash
    i see... joc was a bad example. he was the first one i thought off... i was uninspired. but i said tahu did have the advantage of league behind him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    i see... joc was a bad example. he was the first one i thought off... i was uninspired. but i said tahu did have the advantage of league behind him.
    Don't worry, I forgive you.

vCash
    what about poor old Tyrone Smith, he got recognised for a good rookie season with the Brumbies but he hasnt even being considered for the Wallabies position.. Is he injured or something?

I would still prefer Tahu ahead of Tyron though.

vCash
    Tahu's gonna have a hard time getting picked before Crossy after his great contribution last night, he must've made 30 tackles and those two tries may have looked easy but they belay the skill it took to step out 2 metres to create the space. Something that only instinctive players can do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast