Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs France - 2nd test player ratings

vCash

Wallabies vs France - 2nd test player ratings

Here's what I saw, see if it tallies with what you reckon. Score guide at bottom.

15 Adam Ashley-Cooper - Solid at the back but not much more. 5

14 Peter Hynes - Took his try well and has a nose for finding space straight ahead 7

13 Stirling Mortlock (c) - A solid game, especially in defence 6

12 Berrick Barnes, - Some nice touches and kicks before headbutting AACs shoulder 7

11 Lachie Turner - quite simply had a shocker 3

10 Matt Giteau - if it had been in the Tri-Nations, this would have earned him a 1o. 9

9 Luke Burgess - while he forced one or two passes, his breaks through the traffic with their accompanying hand-offs are becoming trademarks. 8

8 Stephen Hoiles - seems to look best with cricket scores. Anonymous today. 5

7 Phil Waugh - at every breakdown doing the hard work. 7

6 Rocky Elsom - ball didn't bounce for him today but worked his arse off in support and defence 6

5 Dean Mumm - glimmers, but that's all. 5

4 James Horwill - cementing himself a spot as either Vicks or Sharpe's replacement. How did Harinordoquy get away with the boxing workout? 7

3 Al Baxter - Still a mystery at scrum-time but did impress with some counter-rucking and runs 6

2 Stephen Moore - meh. 5

1 Benn Robinson - got mashed up front. 4

Replacements:
    16 Adam Freier - trademark pick and run in the loose
    17 Ben Alexander - was overawed but looking for work
    18 Hugh McMeniman - still waiting to see what the fuss is over. Scrum a lot weaker after he wandered on
    19 George Smith - again quiet for him
    20 Sam Cordingley - crisp passing from Vanilla Gregan
    21 Ryan Cross - took Gits' gifts well
    22 Cameron Shepherd - a nice pick up just before ending his season I suspect. Latho come back!

Marking:
    10 - A legendary performance to go down in the history books
    9 - Man of the match worthy performance
    8 - Outstanding
    7 - Good game, great in parts
    6 - Solid performance
    5 - Average - ho hum
    4 - Below par
    3 - Had a bad game
    2 - Tell your story walking pal
    1 - A complete joke

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I agree with most of those G&G, except I thought that Moore should be a 6, Elsom 5.

Harinordinary will be resting during the spring tours, because he needs to work on his left jab, Horwill can attest to this.

vCash
    A more balanced view this week G&G. Generally in agreement with your take on the game.

Maybe Horwill will think twice about joining in someone else's scrap next time.....that'll teach him!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Much better this week gagger. Wonder if these are the same rankings you are going to post at GTT though???

Bit harsh on Turner I think.

vCash
    i think its a pretty fair rating of them. turner did, as the key says, had 'a bad game'. in his case, a VERY bad game.
    aac was an interesting case... id have said a 4. he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it was only luck they didnt get those 2 tries. with time, he could become a pretty good fullback, but really, last night he was fumbling around in the dark.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    How was Cross gifted that first try, he ran 30 bloody metres.

vCash
    Pretty fair assessment their Gagger, though perhaps that write up of Crossy's effort was a bit dismissive- the other tries were 'gifted' to Hynes and Horwill if that's the case.

As an aside- on rugby.com.au poll, nearly 30% of respondents have voted The Trestle MOM- Chooky have you and the GTT boys been bombarding them???

vCash
    Overall, probably not as good a performance as the first game but Gits outshone everyone and dragged them up by their bootstraps. Frogs didnt look interested really. Maybe their Development Side 'D' should have been sent? Bloody terrible game really. Should have flogged the frogges by a Twenty/20 cricket score. Handling was not too great, scrum was misleading in that their were two scrums against the feed to the Wallabies but the lighter Frogges still put some pressure on.

Chooks game rating: Fools Gold night. Looked good at times but was really rather valueless. Tougher opposition will crush this side after 60 minutes.

15 Adam Ashley-Cooper - Did what needed to be done. Took the bombs, supported play and looked for work. Nice fend and strength in the legs. 5 from me. gaggers score 5

14 Peter Hynes - Backs himself and still doens't look like he is moving very fast! Nice boot too. Did what Lote couldn't do last week and score from Gits cross kick. 6 gaggers score 7

13 Stirling Mortlock (c) - Trinh Duc will be sick of the sight of him even though he didn't do a whole lot. 5 gaggers score 6

12 Berrick Barnes, - Good boot, good defence as always. 5 gaggers score 7

11 Lachie Turner - Looked for work but his hands failed him. His one kick was ordinary. Defence was good and looked fast. Didn't go into his shell and took the rough treatment as well. 4 gaggers score. 3

10 Matt Giteau - Awesome. RUshed out on defence a bit much and went high in tackles, flapping his arms about like a goose but the rest of the game made up for it. 8 gaggers score 9

9 Chooks (and SweetFA's) own Lukey Burgess - Backs himself and his passing got better. Nice speed and fend same as last week. Didn't notice him yapping any more than usual. He should talk more. Its what scrummies do. 7 gaggers score 8

8 Stephen Hoiles - Did what had to be done. 5 gaggers score 5

7 Phil Waugh - Made a nuisance of himself. 6 gaggers score 7

6 Rocky Elsom - Solid without being great. 5 gaggers score 6

5 Dean Mumm - See above. 5gaggers score 5

4 James Horwill - Good game, funny in the fight and the try swan dive. Good value. 6gaggers score 7

3 Al Baxter - Gives away penalites but pretty good in the loose. 6 gaggers score 6

2 Stephen Moore - Did what he had to do. Line out was ok but not really against monsters like Ali Williams and Bakkies Botha et al. 5 gaggers score 5

1 Benn Robinson - Didn't really notice him on there. Must have done something though. 5 gaggers score 4

Replacements:
    16 Adam Freier - meh
    17 Ben Alexander - made himself available
    18 Hugh McMeniman - was waiting for the angry Tahzan man
    19 George Smith - did the basics, got a steal in too.
    20 Sam Cordingley - crisp passing but slow
    21 Ryan Cross - took his presents and showed some good footwork for try.
    22 Cameron Shepherd - ouchie

Marking:
    10 - A legendary performance to go down in the history books
    9 - Man of the match worthy performance
    8 - Outstanding
    7 - Good game, great in parts
    6 - Solid performance
    5 - Average - ho hum
    4 - Below par
    3 - Had a bad game
    2 - Tell your story walking pal
    1 - A complete joke

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    so you think Mortlock, Barnes and AAC were only slightly better then Turner...

no way in hell

vCash
    Turner had a shocker, Robinson should have been pulled in the first half he was just crap. I think you all got Baxter right but he did have a good body position at the scrums which as been missing in his game. Yes he gave away to penalty's but look at the run he did and nearly went over again. Stop this Baxter you are making me say good things about you .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    so you think Mortlock, Barnes and AAC were only slightly better then Turner...

no way in hell
    Watching the game again, Turner was not as bad as my first assessment. Why don't you actually put some effort in and post what you think is fair?

Most of the team did nothing special thats why they got average marks.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Watching the game again, Turner was not as bad as my first assessment. Why don't you actually put some effort in and post what you think is fair?
    Do you mean he played well when he didn't have the ball? Because I agree with you on that, when he was on the other side of the field from the ball he was outstanding in fact, no dropped balls there.

vCash
    he was a complete joke!! thats a 1/10

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    I guess you need to watch the game again really. Looked bad at first blush but did half alright. Not a 5 but def a 4.

Gigsa made me do it

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Chook I'm going to have to agree with you. Did make a few mistakes but nothing that cost the Wallabies much. And also have to wonder if he had a half decent fullback (ie Shepherd) in there instead of AAC would he have done better?? I know there was at least one occasion (not sure if it was Turner or Hynes) but they were running with the ball and AAC took the inside shoulder where another Wallaby was already running. Winger tried to make the pass and it went to ground. IF AAC had been on the outside it probably would have been a try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast