Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bok sighted for gouging

vCash
    im pretty sure the kiwis are dirtier players then the boks..always have been

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    i missed the first 30 minutes... is it on youtube? i cant see it...

give the saffas a break... we are good for something! and its loosing to the wallabies!

still, no eyes. doubt he'll be in perth. which cant be bad for the wallabies.. who are they gonna call up?

matfield should have known better with that high tackle. he heard the ref each time someone took a high shot, and he knew what was coming.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    the springboks will be on a high after winning so i want them 2 thrash the wallabies...i will be so happy..even though im soo happy now!!!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    The picture in the beginning of the thread is of South African Guthro Steenkamp during the test against NZ
    There ain't even an inquiry as to how it happened It was just part of the game.
    Here is another picture

Here is the tackle that send Matfield to the bin

How much different is it to this tackle of Leon MacDonald of the All Blacks on Bryan Habana

vCash
    he should of gone to the bin...and the all black captain..he kept tackling players off the ball

BOKKE

vCash
    Nowhere can I find a picture of Adam Thomson during the game or after so I can see if any damage was done

vCash
    Very naughty Laura

I am not saying Matfield is innocent he got what he deserved

vCash
    how good was that burger, williams clash.....ali was dashed...burger didnt feel a thing...see burgers not made out of flesh and blood like the rest of us, hes made out of rock

BOKKE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    i hope he doesnt get anything
    you joking right?? Eye gouging is the lowest act that can happen on a Rugby field

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    They've always been there in AB, SA and French games but with todays coverage it is moronic to carry on with that crap.
    good old TV coverage, almost nothing escapes the cameras these days

it didnt involve fingers just a fist
    so your effectively condoning eye gouging??

I'm not sure that your aware of the Springboks reputation?? I belive Brendan Cannon was both eye gouged and bitten in one test in Brisbane in 2003?? Was it Toutai Kefu who was also hit high and late behind the play and the bloke copped 16 weeks for it??

vCash
    you have to remember this is rugby we are talking about not a fashion parade

vCash
    Can't remember the last time i saw Biting and eye gouging in a fashion parade??

I know were talking about rugby, i didn't comment on the high tackles, only the ALLEDGED eye gouging. No place for that or any foul play on a Rugby field you will agree with i'm sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    you have to remember this is rugby we are talking about not a fashion parade
    Fair call, it is rugby and you expect rough play but not for your eye to be gouged, thats just uncalled for.

Last edited by laura; 13-07-08 at 14:35.

vCash
    just stirring it up a bit guys and girls

Last edited by pieter blackie; 13-07-08 at 19:52.

vCash
    cheers for the photos pieter

having had played the game for 17 years i can confirm from my experience that eye gouging started more punchups than an accidental high tackle unless its a swinging arm like the one that got ryan cross from jp nel against the bulls earlier this year or even dean solomon against geelong in the gayfl ...

im not going to say the aussies or kiwis are angels but they at least don't resort to deliberate attempts to blind people .. sorry

vCash
    2 words ...... Richard Loe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast