Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bok sighted for gouging

vCash

Bok sighted for gouging

Springboks hooker Bismarck du Plessis has been cited for an incident in the Vodacom Tri Nations match between the All Blacks and Springboks at Carisbrook, Dunedin.

Du Plessis was cited by Citing Commissioner Dick Byres under Law 10.4 (k) for alleged contact with the eyes or eye area of All Blacks flanker Adam Thomson in the 11th minute of the first half.

He will appear before SANZAR Judicial Officer Kim Garling at the Otago RFU offices in Dunedin today, Sunday 13 July.

The time of the hearing is yet to be determined. Media will be advised of the time later today.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Typical it is 2 hours after the Kiwis lost and the Boks are in the shit. Last week when the All Blacks won there was nothing of the kind even though John Smit is out for the rest of the season after an dangerous tackle in the first half.

vCash
    what!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    In fairness, I thought at the time that it was likely to be taken further. I haven't watched the replay again, but there was a Burger elbow that caught the eye too but it isn't mentioned so maybe wasn't as iffy as it looked in real time.

vCash
    and if bismark gets a week suspension..who will they get from sa to come??

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    i know that eye gouging is extremely frowned upon so if he is found guilty he may cop more then 1 week, i havent seen the game/incident mind you
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Eye gouging is the lowest form of physical contact...

effing safs...

What are they good for.

Hopefully he gets more than one week.

vCash
    i hope he doesnt get anything

BOKKE

vCash
    No offence, but you cant be serious! Eye gouging is a dog act. You just don't poke people in the eye and potentially blind them.

vCash
    ppppfffftttt the boks never learn

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    ppppfffftttt the boks never learn
    Too right. How is Matfield, as captain, stupid enough to get yellow carded after
    they were warned half a dozen times.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Good tactics Saffas.

I see that the attempts to smash Carter to bits last week have played on the pretty boys mind by having a quiet game with the ball (but not with the boot). Images of Butch James shoulder hurtling at him at pace must have made him a bit gun shy this week. Hence the win.

Good stuff SoftBoks.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Eyes, bollocks, stomping, biting etc are deliberate acts whereas a high tackle is generally not. Cheap shots are just that, cheap shots. They've always been there in AB, SA and French games but with todays coverage it is moronic to carry on with that crap.
    It will cost SA majorly without the top 2 rakes unavailable, for what? To piss Thompson off? I reckon he's looking at 4 weeks plus.

vCash
    it didnt involve fingers just a fist

BOKKE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    it didnt involve fingers just a fist
    Wake up, the Boks are some of the dirtiest players around, always been that way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast