Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: does anyone know...

vCash
    yepp i got the word from the man himself..a broken nose to kankowski

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    havent heard very much else on injuries

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    yepp thats schalk burger
    I've praised him on three other forums and here goes again. Schalk Burger was fantastic, he was a huge difference in the team and without him something was missing. If that man says he's injured then there's a good chance it was painful. He's plays the game on the borderline of the rule book most of the time but it's not knitting it's rugby and if you get away with it and your team wins then history only shows the score, not "OOH Burger was a bit dirty".

Great atmosphere at the game, the Boks fans made it very enjoyable. I don't know what they were shouting sounded like "Boka" but it was great. Dissapointed that fans boo when opposition sides are going for a penalty kick or conversion. Any game played in Europe usually goes dead quiet when either team is going for a kick.

vCash
    I've praised him on three other forums and here goes again. Schalk Burger was fantastic, he was a huge difference in the team and without him something was missing. If that man says he's injured then there's a good chance it was painful. He's plays the game on the borderline of the rule book most of the time but it's not knitting it's rugby and if you get away with it and your team wins then history only shows the score, not "OOH Burger was a bit dirty".
    schalk is just amazing especially for his age...
    he does play on the borderline of the rule book but thats how he plays rugby
    i wonder what he did to himself last night?? because last weeks hit with ali williams was crazy..i thought he could of been KO but no he kept playing like nothing happened...purely made out of rock that guy..
    Dissapointed that fans boo when opposition sides are going for a penalty kick or conversion
    yes i was disappointed at that..
    I don't know what they were shouting sounded like "Boka" but it was great
    yep was boka..we were all shouting in africaans...i loved all the signs the bok supporters made..some of them were extremely hilarious

BOKKE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Great atmosphere at the game, the Boks fans made it very enjoyable. I don't know what they were shouting sounded like "Boka" but it was great. Dissapointed that fans boo when opposition sides are going for a penalty kick or conversion. Any game played in Europe usually goes dead quiet when either team is going for a kick.
    It sounded more like 'All Blacks' from where I was sitting.

And as for the booing, it comes from the AFL arena, they are absolutely nuts when it comes to that.

vCash
    it was crazy though..because you didnt hear the bok supporters booing when gits kicked!
    but all the wallabies were booing when steyn or james kicked..bad sportsmanship

BOKKE

vCash
    oh don't you worry, near me there was plenty of hoo haa when Gits was kicking for goal.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    the bokka people sure booed near where i was!
    i had the stupid idiot with the trupet near me... mind you, he was quiet after i threatened to snap it in half... noone messes with MY gits!!
    i love how lote and aac were stretching behind the posts for francois's kick and the ref came nad told them off... it was so tempting to join in

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    i feel so sorry for kankowski

BOKKE

vCash
    it was crazy though..because you didnt hear the bok supporters booing when gits kicked!
    It just shows respect to be quiet, Landsdowne Road is the best place to see it, you can litteraly hear a pin drop no matter which team is kicking for goal. Just because AFL fans in Perth do it doesn't mean we should follow them. I mean they follow the stupidist game on the planet so they're slightly excused.

I don't know much about politics in South Africa but if we have so many Bok fans in Perth there must be something not good going on over there. I think it's great there are so many of you here and the support you bring rugby is most welcomed. It must have been great to see your national team in action. I only wish Wales would come to Perth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    And as for the booing, it comes from the AFL arena, they are absolutely nuts when it comes to that.
    Yes, I think you might be right there. Its so quiet at Lancaster Park, Carisbrook, Loftus Versfeld etc that you can hear a pin drop when a goal is attempted. Must have been influenced by AFL fans. We get so many of them at Wallabies matches.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Sorry Lara but they were booing where we sat as well, I don't like it but fans from both sides were doing it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yes, I think you might be right there. Its so quiet at Lancaster Park, Carisbrook, Loftus Versfeld etc that you can hear a pin drop when a goal is attempted. Must have been influenced by AFL fans. We get so many of them at Wallabies matches.
    Are you being sarcastic? If so, watch a AFL game at the MCG one time and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

vCash
    the reason for the Booing is simple
    AFL

need i say more?

vCash
    Not a fan of the booing, dont care what the players do to distract the kicker but booing is uncalled for. Unfortunatley I think its just a part of sport that we have to put up with it.

The mexican wave last night...looked good going round the ground, but not while they are in the middle of play. After the game would have been great when the boys were walking around thanking the fans. IMHO

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast