Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Email sent to Channel 7 Perth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    Reply from Channel 7 . they don't even have the decency to send me a different one, it's exactly the same as the one they sent me before

Dear Wendy
    Thank you for your email concerning our rugby telecasts.

When scheduling programs on television, we attempt to please as many people as we can, but unfortunately we will never be able to cater for everyone's taste in programs at the same time.

I can understand your disappointment with the telecast time however whilst there is a following for rugby in WA, unfortunately this doesn't ever seem to translate into a sizeable audience on television in Perth. We need to be very mindful of what the majority of our viewers want to watch and In the past when we have telecast Rugby live in Perth it has been the least watched program in its timeslot, being beaten by programs on all the other stations at that time. It is a different story in New South Wales and Queensland which are traditional rugby states and where rugby telecasts are strongly supported by viewers.

I have a feeling that none of it will make a difference to how you feel about our schedule of rugby telecasts. You are obviously passionate about the subject and good on you for it however, as I said before, unfortunately we can't please everyone all the time, we try to please the most amount of people we can.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

Ray Wardrop

Program and Communications Manager

Bullshit Ray

what an utter load of crap. the AFL runs channel 7 in this state thats what he is saying. Or have I just become more paranoid??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    blahblahblah.

Tossers.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    They say they have to please as much people as they can, the idiots that watch the crap they show on saturday nights get to watch crap 365 nights a year. How does showing a few wallabies games a year gonna affect ratings.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Send your email and the replies onto the ARU and maybe the Federal Govt minister for comms and broadcasting....and maybe Ch 7 in the Eastern States.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    Reply from Channel 7 . they don't even have the decency to send me a different one, it's exactly the same as the one they sent me before

Dear Wendy

When scheduling programs on television, we attempt to please as many people as we can, but unfortunately we will never be able to cater for everyone's taste in programs at the same time.

I can understand your disappointment with the telecast time however whilst there is a following for rugby in WA, unfortunately this doesn't ever seem to translate into a sizeable audience on television in Perth. We need to be very mindful of what the majority of our viewers want to watch and In the past when we have telecast Rugby live in Perth it has been the least watched program in its timeslot, being beaten by programs on all the other stations at that time. It is a different story in New South Wales and Queensland which are traditional rugby states and where rugby telecasts are strongly supported by viewers.

I have a feeling that none of it will make a difference to how you feel about our schedule of rugby telecasts. You are obviously passionate about the subject and good on you for it however, as I said before, unfortunately we can't please everyone all the time, we try to please the most amount of people we can.

Regards

Ray Wardrop

Bullshit Ray

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hello all,

I thought I might add to this thread with a string of e-mails that I sent to Channel 7 about the rugby and guess what... I got the same lame reply. As you can see I have replied to them again but I won't hold my breath.

FYI, I have Foxtel and watch the games live but believe if you want to reach a large audience you have to have the game played prime time on free to air. That and the fact that it irked me that they advertise themselves as the home of rugby.

Thanks to Ecky for telling me about this site and opening my eyes to Channel 7's blanket response to numerous rugby fans.

Read from the bottom up....

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand your point about broadcasting to please the majority of viewers however the broadcast choices made on Saturday night were for the Princess Diaries and Speed re-runs. Which demographic is being aimed at with this programming that would demote a national sport against an international team to an unwatchable time slot?

Your response relates to broadcasting the game live, but what about broadcasting the game at a time slot that is still watchable? Was a re-run of those movies at that time really going to attract a wider audience?

While you state that WA is not traditionally a rugby state I would again point out that Perth has a large local membership for the Western Force and Saturdays game attracted close to 40,000 spectators to watch the game. Granted those potential viewers were at the game and not watching their televisions but in the weeks to come those spectators will want to watch the game live seeing as Australia has games against New Zealand and South Africa to come. Given the number of ex-pat New Zealand and South African's residing in Perth, let alone the Australian fans, there would surely be interest in viewing the game at a reasonable time slot especially since the Tri Nations is shaping up to be a very tight competition.

In addition, as per my original e-mail, is there a reason why 7 Perth could not broadcast the rugby at a reasonable if not live time slot on one of the other digital channels to widen the viewing audience? I know that 7HD currently broadcasts some different programs to the standard 7 broadcast and during the Olympics or other large sporting events has additional broadcasts on the other three digital channels.

You are correct that your e-mail did not make me feel different about the time that a sport that I am a fan off is broadcast, however even though I realise that you are Channel 7 and I am but one viewer voicing an opinion, there seems to me to be alternatives available that could be utilised to get the broadcast at a more reasonable time slot.

Regards

Pistol
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, 21 July 2008 3:44 PM
    To: Pistol
    Subject: RE: Disgruntled Rugby Fan

Dear Pistol

Regards

Ray Wardrop

Channel Seven Perth

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, 18 July 2008 11:06
    To: TVW, Programs
    Subject: Disgruntled Rugby Fan

Hello,

Can someone please explain to me why Channel 7 advertise themselves as the "Home of Rugby" yet have not yet shown a single game during prime time in Perth?

We have had three games this international season (one Ireland and two French Games) and 7 Perth has not shown one game before midnight. Let alone showing the games against South Africa and New Zealand.

This Saturday is the start of the Wallabies Tri Nation battle. Channel 7 over east are showing the game delayed at 7:30pm - delayed but at least at a prime time. Channel 7 Perth are showing re-runs of the Princess Diaries and Speed (must have been on fifteen times) before showing the rugby after midnight!!

Channel 7 Perth are a disgrace. Is it any wonder that people are moving to pay TV?

At the very least the game should be shown at prime time viewing or live especially a game that is in our home state!! Surely if channel 7 does not want to commit an audience to a rugby game at prime time for some unknown reason, they could at a minimum show it live or at prime time on one of the other channel 7 digital channels as they have 3 plus a HD channel.

Channel 7 Perth should look to the Western Force for some stats on the rugby membership in WA, which in its inaugural season was the highest in Australia. With crowds of 27,000 attending the game surely Channel 7 Perth would see that Rugby in Perth is alive and well with a vibrant interest that would boost the viewing of the telecast if it was shown at a reasonable time.

Lift your game Channel 7 rugby fans in Perth deserve the same respect as AFL fans!

Regards

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Channel 7 - The Home of Rugby...but we wont be home till late.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm not that interested in watching one billion hours of Olympic events that Ch7 is planning on. Greeko Roman wrestling or some fat chick doing a snatch lift is more important than the Wallabies??

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    if you Google "Channel 7 Perth", the first couple are their own site, followed by "Channel 7 Perth ARE A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!" followed by "Channel 7 Perth is crap!"

Thats without including the term "Rugby" in the search phrase!

Let's make sure we keep these threads going so it stays relevant in the search engines.

[Ed: and judging by the number of hits we are getting from Google for that search term, others are reading it too!]

vCash
    it shall be easy to do Coach, simply because Channel 7 ARE shithouse.

Just as a sidenote (and maybe Coach can start a poll for me), does anyone else not give a shit about the olympics??
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    channel 9 is no better.Fox had to terminate its coverage of the British open golf early because 9 had the rights,but 9 refused to broadcast it live in Perth(was on the usual 2 hour delay)

pathetic

vCash
    Golf is like watching paint dry.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Apprentice
    vCash
    At least Channel 9 showed the State of Origin during prime time and not at 5 past midnight.

I thought Channel 10 did an ok coverage during the World Cup also, showing the games live and replaying them the following day at a reasonable time for those that didn't want to stay up.

Quite frankly I would prefer either of these channels to have the coverage than Seven.

Doesn't seem to make sense to get the rights for a sport that you have no intent of giving ample coverage.

vCash

Posted via space

vCash
    As you've heard Pistol, many of us have received the same "personal" response.

In the West today on Inside Cover, same issue is highlighted under "Out-Of-Touch Seven Drop Kicks Rugby".

They (C7) know that in a few weeks the steam will fizzle (as the Tri Nations/Bledisloe season ends) so all they need to do is..nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    They (C7) know that in a few weeks the steam will fizzle (as the Tri Nations/Bledisloe season ends) so all they need to do is..nothing.
    Unless a heap of people start to send daily (or hourly) bundles of e mail to clog their inbox.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast