Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Tahs' amateurville horror

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i dont think you can actualy fault the waratahs for the visy thing when you used a sponsor that didnt even have a bussiness plan of its own to recruit players!
    Sorry, don't agree, we didn't use Firepower at all, the player's managers did. Whether the players would have come to the without the third party top ups only they and their managers know. The similarity here is that Visy is dodgy and sponsors the 'Tahs, Firepower was dodgy and sponsored the I don't know or care which players have third party agreements with visy because the club can't have any part of that anyway.

That's one part of this story that really pisses me off, People say Firepower paid Matt Giteau a couple million to come to Perth, and I'd suggest that's right, but it has NOTHING to do with the because the rules say it can't. so let's compare apples with apples!

BTW if you want to talk third party payments and the players wouldn't have come to perth bullshit, well none of the affected players have failed to renew their contract have they?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    the affected players? well the only affected player that really matters hasnt actually signed with the force has he?

i know the rules and im not saying visy isnt dodgy or that the sponsorship is in trouble, im just saying, even though its in the rules, the force used firepower int here recruiting, they were a sleeve sponsor and were offering to pay players on the side, im not saying the force set it up but they knew full well it was appening and probably suggested it at some point or encouraged it!

its the same with nsw/vodaphone and lote!

sponsors come and go, visy aint a mojor part of the Tahs, there only a matchday sponsor and sponsored Tahman, which came on the back of a recycling/go green community service thing, they wont be missed for a moment!

the whole third party thing is dodgy as hell at every club! im not nitpicking but criticising the waratahs for not knowing visy were in trouble is a bit rich coming from a club that kept a sponsor way past when other organisations were distancing themselves from it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    probably islander cousins .... the nsw club system has always had it's problems (like all comps do). the biggest one though is they hijacked the ARC, wasted $10mil of ARU money that could've been used to save the ARC and try to tell other unions how to run their business.
    This is the problem when gerry makes stuff up and promotes it as fact - others seem to read and reproduce it. I'm not going to go into the $10 mil again, but if you want a better understanding then read this thread, ignoring anything posted by travelling_gerry, flamethrower or blr.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    That's one part of this story that really pisses me off, People say Firepower paid Matt Giteau a couple million to come to Perth, and I'd suggest that's right, but it has NOTHING to do with the because the rules say it can't. so let's compare apples with apples!
    the same rules that the Force got fined for breaking...
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    BTW if you want to talk third party payments and the players wouldn't have come to perth bullshit, well none of the affected players have failed to renew their contract have they?
    hasn't someone else picked up the 3rd party payments, so they'd be more inclined to stay?

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ignoring anything posted by travelling_gerry, flamethrower or blr.
    When did you become the font of knowledge Moses. How can anyone know for sure that you are right on this matter. It seems that you are trying to promote your point of view by claiming that what you say is right, so everyone else is wrong.

People ignore anything posted by Moses and waratah jesus because they always talk crap.
    Trust me. I'm right and they are wrong.

Doubt it will work. actually I may have to delete it because I feel I may have lost some IQ points just by typing that.
    If I make another 1000 comments like that I would fit in over on GTT.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    all finished moses, read the ARC thread and summarised the figures posted in there and as you will see theres not a lot of sense to the whole thread except you get extremely defensive extremely quickly ....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6