Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Why was the ARC canned?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    what do these numbers mean?
    Is that to say the ARC cost the NSWRU $1.6 mil in addition to the ARU's grant? ie they spent $12.6mil running 3 teams?
    The Orange was good, in a retro 70's funk kind of way. They should have worked a 70's theme in across the team, requiring afro's and dodgy mo's all round.

Fleets was pretty good, as far as Brumbies jersey's go.

I like this idea, but the key is that all marquee players would have to make the cut.. so if say Norths don't make it, what happens to Kurtley?
    yeah it definetly has its major flaws, by promoting certain club teams you run the risk of disenchanting supporters from other clubs.

But IMHO it is survival of the fittest, i think they promote the clubs based on there junior base, current and future revenue and how well the club is currently going.

the 3 QLD teams could be GPS from northside of the river, Sunnybank from the South and Gold Coast.

Obviously you are going to piss off the other 6 premiership sides that didnt get in, but for the future of the game it would have to be that way.

Undoubtedly this plan would never be given the go-ahead considering the amount of dead wood floating around the ARU, NSWRU and QRU.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Thats a question for the creative accountants at NSWRU.
    but why did NSWRU pay anything for the comp, I thought it was an ARU program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    yeah it definetly has its major flaws, by promoting certain club teams you run the risk of disenchanting supporters from other clubs.

But IMHO it is survival of the fittest, i think they promote the clubs based on there junior base, current and future revenue and how well the club is currently going.

the 3 QLD teams could be GPS from northside of the river, Sunnybank from the South and Gold Coast.

Obviously you are going to piss off the other 6 premiership sides that didnt get in, but for the future of the game it would have to be that way.

Undoubtedly this plan would never be given the go-ahead considering the amount of dead wood floating around the ARU, NSWRU and QRU.
    Well, in the abscence of an ARC, how about a Final series between the top three Shute Shield teams, top two Queensland premiership teams, top WA team and a 'best of the rest' made up of all unused contracted players?

vCash
    but why did NSWRU pay anything for the comp, I thought it was an ARU program.
    Considering all the grants they get I think it would be a given they wouldn't get coddled even more by the ARU?

vCash
    $1,594,006 cost is the figure in the NSWRU books for ARC.

Thats together with the $10,979,491 GRANT from the ARU.
    im struggling to understand where you got the figures for this $10,979,491 grant from?

vCash
    or what the money was for, what it was spent on, how much was received from and how much was returned to the ARU, and how this is relevant to the profitability of the 07 ARC.

I think Gerry has found a Balance Sheet somewhere and picked two numbers off it. He doesn't appear to actually know anything about these numbers, apart from the fact that they make his point, whatever his point may be. But that's the fault of the NSWRU creative accountants. Clearly.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Clearly

Read O'Neills book on how creative they are. They spend the money for the year then ask ARU for their grant.

Therefore if they are in a loss situation of $10,000,000 they ask for a $10,200,000 grant and then spruke how they made a profit.

Probably learnt it from Tahman.

vCash
    Clearly

Read O'Neills book on how creative they are. They spend the money for the year then ask ARU for their grant.

Therefore if they are in a loss situation of $10,000,000 they ask for a $10,200,000 grant and then spruke how they made a profit.

you still havent explained on where you got these figures from or in what aspect they were used...

NSW clubs have never taken a $10'000'000 grant from the ARU.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry
    Read it and weep
    I did..... but that was because of a pici of The Dunning on page 2 with some over-zealous facial hair....

Page 71 was also of interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    I did..... but that was because of a pici of The Dunning on page 2 with some over-zealous facial hair....

Page 71 was also of interest.
    Only $347,367 put into the ARC by NSWRU, no wonder they couldn't get a decent crowd.

vCash
    I know it's trendy to blame NSWRU (they're evil, just ask Gerry), but do you really expect them to throw big bucks into the ARU's flagship competition?

Real reason the ARC failed is that it was the Flowers Flagship, and J'On would never get credit for it.

vCash
    I know it's trendy to blame NSWRU (they're evil, just ask Gerry), but do you really expect them to throw big bucks into the ARU's flagship competition?

Real reason the ARC failed is that it was the Flowers Flagship, and J'On would never get credit for it.
    I think if you are getting such a substantial grant from the ARU you cannot simply turn your back on the ARU at the first opportunity. I expected them to throw adequate amounts in the so called heartland to support a competition of a entity which keeps the NSWRU afloat.

vCash
    Clearly

you have got to be kidding right?
    do you understand the concept of professional rugby, you realise the so called 'grants' from the ARU are professional rugby funding among other things. By that i mean the ARU takes all the money from Broadcast agreements and then divides it up amongst provinces. They need to be reimbursed for the cost of running a professional rugby side somehow dont they?

Just have a look at RugbyWA annual reports(if you actually could) and you will find a nice little $5million grant in there from the ARU.

The QRU got close to $7.5 million from the ARU in 2007, $450,000 for the runnning of the ARC, $2.5million for community rugby and $4.5million for the cost of running a professional team. The cost of the ARC was minimised in QLD since the Tornadoes could play out of the QRU owned Ballymore Stadium.

NSWRU received $10,900,000 in 2007, $5million is for player wages, $1.5 million for the ARC(it was inclusive in the grant) and $4million for community rugby.

Yes the QRU and NSWRU spend $2.5 and $4 million respectively on there community rugby comps every year, its not hardly suprising, between the two they generate 90% of rugby players in the county. The NSWRU and QRU do not go running to the ARU asking for this money, it is part of the ARU's communtiy rugby development plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I think if you are getting such a substantial grant from the ARU you cannot simply turn your back on the ARU at the first opportunity. I expected them to throw adequate amounts in the so called heartland to support a competition of a entity which keeps the NSWRU afloat.
    any evidence of NSW turning their backs on the ARC? Pretty sure the Rays won it, the biggest financial drain was Melbourne, and crowds were pretty poor everywhere. Many punters only have time for one rugby game a week, which put them in the situation of ARC vs RWC.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast