Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why was the ARC canned?

vCash
    and hats off to TOCC, one cheers is not enough, though considering your Queensland leanings it'll do.

How to run a rugby club by travelling_gerry:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    NSWRU received $10,900,000 in 2007, $5million is for player wages, $1.5 million for the ARC(it was inclusive in the grant) and $4million for community rugby.
    Yet had an expenditure of only $300k? Hmm...

vCash
    this is all crap, there is no way you can compare a town like perth (that has one rugby team and one afl team) against a town like sydney that is one of the most competitive sports markets in the world, here is not a tahs home game that doesn't have another code playing at the exact same time in sydney.

perth uses the same stadium for afl and rugby, that means on a given night you have one code playing!

we can have an afl game going 500 metres up the street and a rugby league game going ont he other side of town while the tahs are playing!

the finances for both these towns are totally different!

im not bashing either side, the nswru does waste alot of money due to dodgy boards with club agendas but the fact of the matter, without queensland and nswru, perth & canberra wouldnt exist!

we develop the players at the moment! therefore we spend and need alot more money, if this changes int he future and perth starts crapping out players of its own then perth should get more money! no question asked!

the ARC should have been held off for a couple of years until they got it right, as moses mentioned it was a flowers v o'neil thing, flowers rushed it through so it could be his idea, O'neil trashed it so fowers could take responsability for the loss in money!

stop reading out figures and spinning crap! rugby exists! lets just rejoice in it and leave the boardroom politics up to sydney, after all we have the number one australian super rugby team!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Yet had an expenditure of only $300k? Hmm...
    that $300k ($347,367) figure you were looking at was the income from the ARC(sponsorships and crowds) the actual expenditure is $1 594 006. The ARU had give the NSWRU a interest free loan account up to $1 700 000 for the running of the ARC, of which they drew out $1,133,215, on the condition that when the teams started to make a profit they would be split 50/50 by ARU and NSWRU. Since the comp folded this loan has had to be converted into a grant.

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    dont give me that shit, your the one who posts misleading figures

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Nothing misleading TOCC...straight from the report.

vCash
    Nothing misleading TOCC...straight from the report.
    so you dont think posting random figures in a thread which is discussing the downfall of a tournament due to cost as misleading?

you didnt explain what the grant was for, you didnt mention that every other states got grants from the ARU as well and you when someone asked you if the cost was $12 million for 3 teams you didnt dispute it...

did you even know what the breakdown of the grants were for? and did you also realise that every other state received them?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No..I posted the figures directly from the NSWRU annual report. Its listed there as ARU.

Lets just see what the other states recieved.

vCash
    Who cares what the other states received? Presumably less - they had fewer teams and Ballymore was not a cost, but rather than digging up financial records why don't you try and work out what your point is.

You're saying that the ARC failed because of 'NSWRU ineptitude', then try to back this up by saying that NSWRU recieved money from the ARU to fund the comp. Don't worry that they didn't spend all of their allocation, and the big losses didn't come from the NSW teams, they're obviously inept as the ARU gave them a GRANT and they have creative accountants!

Then to try and write off the whole excercise as a fishing expedition after 5 pages of convincing us that you have no understanding of the financial statements which you continue to use as evidence of your alledged point, really just comes across as lame.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Moses,

It seems you want to be able to come on here and sprout all your Tah crap and bag all things Force, then if someone bites back at you , you accuse all on this site of a lack of humour.

Then when someone has the gall to say a bad word about the Tahs you go all sooky and want to sulk and attack the man.

Go have a cry over the weekend and come back see me Monday.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 08-08-08 at 19:39.

vCash
    Moses,

It seems you want to be able to come on here and sprout all your Tah crap and bag all things Force, then if someone bites back at you , you accuse all on this site of a lack of humour.

Then when someone has the gall to say a bad word about the Tahs you go all sooky and want to sulk and attack the man.

im not a NSW supporter by any stretch of the imagination, in fact i love nothing more then to see them lose in any form of sport. Yet i dont think posting misleading information or attacking a organisation for something that you dont actually understand is really the way to go about things.

As for that reply then, dont you think your acting just a little bit immature about it?

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I like people who make the assumption that someone doesn't know what they are talking about because they have a different opinion. The reason I like them is because they will go through life sounding like a pompous wanker and never realize that they are being laughed at. It make them an easy target.

TOCC, why aren't you running the ARU??
    You like to give the impression that you know more about the subject than anyone else in this country.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I like people who make the assumption that someone doesn't know what they are talking about because they have a different opinion. The reason I like them is because they will go through life sounding like a pompous wanker and never realize that they are being laughed at. It make them an easy target.

TOCC, why aren't you running the ARU??
    You like to give the impression that you know more about the subject than anyone else in this country.
    i like to give that impression? this has nothing to do with impressions, i like to see or present the full figures and facts rather then just assumptions or generalisations.

If you did know what you were talking about then im sorry, but you surely didnt feel like sharing it with the rest of us when we were asking about those figures. Its no ones fault but your own for the way you portrayed yourself.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks TOCC you have proved my point once again.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Not likely. Arguing with 2 year olds doesn't interest me, and while I attempted to utilise the Ignore List, I get the following message
    Code:
    Sorry travelling_gerry is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.
    which is unfortunate, as reading your opinions and lack of reasoning adds zero value to my twf experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I like people who make the assumption that someone doesn't know what they are talking about because they have a different opinion.
    I'm open to someone having a different opinion, it's just nice when they also have a rational reason upon which to base it. In this thread you and gerry have proven to have no clue nor inclination to listen to reason, which does become frustrating.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast