Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Two players cited following Tri-Nations match

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Sort of but you'll never stamp out a good stink on when it happens, thats just testosterone.

And CJ should have been given RED on the spot, that shit is just not called for, but it is a good reason to start a stink on.
    true, a bit of push and shove is bound to happen, i can't remember the last time i saw a full on punch up.

CJ may be spending a few weeks on the sidelines for that, rightfully so I will add, no place for that in the game.

Lets see someone try and justify that act

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Evidently George was saying

‘He grabbed my nuts mate, that’s how far he’ll go. Yeah Shalk, that’s what you do, you go for my nuts.’

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    true, a bit of push and shove is bound to happen, i can't remember the last time i saw a full on punch up.

CJ may be spending a few weeks on the sidelines for that, rightfully so I will add, no place for that in the game.

Lets see someone try and justify that act
    Yeah it sucks I do love a good punch up.

Today during the Wests V Nedlands game today some bloke came off looking like a whole bottle of claret had been poured over him followed by 10 minutes on the bench for the offending player, didn't see what happened as I just got there.

I've got a best fights of the State of Origin DVD which is good, CATTLEDOG!!!! and QUEENSLANDER!!! are two of the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    actually it doesn't happen all the time. smith was not doing that on purpose from what i saw. smith i agree does aggravate players but that does not need to be retaliated by a few punches

smith was doing what he normally does.
    he was playing his own game to the benifit of the wallabies - not saying that hes not a team player, he is also there to niggle the other team, which he does to great effect.

Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    the reff was right there when schalk was hitting or punching someones arm
    he didnt give a poo
    its all in the name of rugby
    rugby has never been about fighting.
    rugby was traditionally a private school sport .where the players were taught to treat the opposite team, their team, themselves and the ref with respect. why do you think that the captains all call the ref "sir"? its because they were brought up playing rugby respectfully.

fighting is not what rugby is about. and it never will be. repeat offenders like schalk should be used as examples. he should be given longer and longer suspensions every time he is sighted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Evidently George was saying

‘He grabbed my nuts mate, that’s how far he’ll go. Yeah Shalk, that’s what you do, you go for my nuts.’
    surely not a fine upstanding person on the Rugby field like Burger??

Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Yeah it sucks I do love a good punch up.

Today during the Wests V Nedlands game today some bloke came off looking like a whole bottle of claret had been poured over him followed by 10 minutes on the bench for the offending player, didn't see what happened as I just got there.

I've got a best fights of the State of Origin DVD which is good, CATTLEDOG!!!! and QUEENSLANDER!!! are two of the best.
    as do I, but like i stated before, they are being fazed out. Lousy refs wanting the players to play Rugby

vCash
    Jono, Even at the poshest school dirty tactics would have been used. Its all part of the game.

Rugby is no where near as dirty as in the past, watch a few old games one day and see how many players get taken out off the ball.

They used to have ambo's running on who just poured water on everything and if they were knocked out they'd roll them onto a stretcher and run off with them, then they'd worry about the broken neck after they rolled him off on the side line.

Join a rugby club speak to the old guys they'll tell you how soft the game is today, sure it's faster and the players are fitter and faster but as far as dirty goes it's a clean game today.

vCash
    your right. it is a clean game. which is why there is no place for the kind of shit that burger employs at every chance he can get.

just like there is no place for headbutting.

vCash
    sounds like they are cleaning it up for the better.

Taking players out off the ball sounds too AFL for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    your right. it is a clean game. which is why there is no place for the kind of shit that burger employs at every chance he can get.

just like there is no place for headbutting.
    He's just doing what a flanker does, BUT he does play to the limit of the rules and bends them as far as he can. When you look at the score in the history books it never says Aus 30, SA 31 but gee the SA flanker was a squirrel gripper.

I went to private boarding school and the best way to describe rugby at these schools is to get you to watch Monty Pythons 'Meaning of life' where the students play the masters, very accurate and a good laugh.

vCash
    its like for the force stormers game, played well, got yellow carded and came back on and nearly scored a try
    sa needs him as a player, he is great

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    its like for the force stormers game, played well, got yellow carded and came back on and nearly scored a try
    sa needs him as a player, he is great

SA might need him. but rugby doesnt

vCash
    we would have nothing to talk about if burger wasnt in rugby

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Fencesitting is always a popular topic.

Last edited by jono; 24-08-08 at 21:01.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I know we all heard what George Smith said but did anyone see it? If not how do we know that he wasn't just playing up to the referee.
    It is easy for us to always assume that our guys are angels but they probaly are not and I don't have a keen enough eye to pick it up.
    I do however to prefer for sports to be played with absolute passion, courage and intensity and every now and then this will result in a bit of a blow up in a contact sport, but never spitefully and with cheap shots. We can leave that to AFL.

vCash
    we would have nothing to talk about if burger wasnt in rugby
    that is the worst call i have ever heard. there is plenty to talk about in Rugby without one saffer caveman with an excess agreesion and brain definciency

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast