Thread: Pienaar and Wilko linked to Toulon

vCash

Pienaar and Wilko linked to Toulon

Springbok half-back Ruan Pienaar and England fly-half have both been linked to a move big-spending French club Toulon.

According to French sports daily L'Equipe, Pienaar, who come on and scored a try during the second half of South Africa's record breaking victory over Australia on Saturday, is at the top of the club's wish list.

Toulon's fly-halves Sébastien Fauqué and Ramiro Pez, have both had less-than-satisfying starts to the Top 14 season, prompting club owner Mourad Boudjellal to dive for his cheque book once again.

It has equally been reported in the French press that 24-year-old Pienaar, who has 23 Test Caps, is not entirely against the idea of playing overseas and has been the target of more than one French club.

"We're making progress but we're not the only ones," said millionaire press tycoon Boudjellal, who made his fortune from comic books.

Toulon were the favourites to win the race for star All Black Dan Carter's signature earlier this year, but lost out to another club from the South coast, Perpignan.

According to English daily The Times, England fly-half Jonny Wilkinson could also be a possibility, should he be willing to make the move.

"I know another French club made a big offer for Wilkinson and, if he was available, I would be interested. But I'm not Roman Abramovich," said Boudjellal.

"It's possible to see someone like Wilkinson ending up in Toulon," said Toulon coach TanaUmaga .

"It's a working-class town, a tough town, but Mourad has done wonderful things for it. Without him, we would not be here, I would not be here."
    http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,...078311,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Oh surprise its Toulon! Is the club trying to become the powerhouse of rugby players? They don't play as part of the world cup, more of a domsetic team, but they are recruiting all of the top players from each country.
    ARU get your cheque books out, we don't want any of our boys going there!

vCash
    toulon sure is collecting rugby players! what are they going to do with them all..

england will miss jonny wilkinson something SHOCKING if he goes... HAHAHAHA-HAHAHAHA-HAHAHAHA poms!!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    i want to know where they get the money from
    because when they sign with them the players get a house and car

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    A french comic book guy with very deep pockets

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    i want to know where they get the money from
    because when they sign with them the players get a house and car
    There is alot of riches in Europe, case in point, Chelsea, look at the money they pay for players and watch your head blow up.

vCash
    wilko won't leave newcastle.....

vCash
    england won't miss Wilkinson, he has spent most of his time since the 03 RWC in the physio's waiting room
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash

BOKKE

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Someone should have a word with them, suggest they collect as many current England internationals as they can get and then refuse to release them for test matches.

vCash
    do Toulon need another scrummy? As far as i know they already have Henjak and Gregan.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    do Toulon need another scrummy? As far as i know they already have Henjak and Gregan.
    Gregan is playing in Japan.