Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scott Fava Leaves the Force

vCash
    They put a crap spin on the article but it has a bit about heading to the Tahs, to add some quality to the team. I highlighted the bits worth reading.

Western Force release Fava
    AAP - September 12, 2008, 12:50 pm

Controversial forward Scott Fava is set to join the NSW Waratahs after the Western Force granted him an early release from his current Super 14 contract on compassionate grounds.

Fava was contracted to the Force until the end of 2009 but asked for an early release so he could return to Sydney to be closer to his family.

The former Wallabies back-rower was a foundation member of the Force but endured a turbulent time during his three years with the WA franchise.

He was twice disciplined for exceeding the Force's alcohol limit but his most serious transgression came during a team-bonding session on Rottnest Island last November.

Fava, 32, was fined $11,000, stripped of his leadership duties and put on a final warning when he was found guilty of mishandling quokkas, allegedly throwing one of the marsupials by the tail.

Fellow No.8 Richard Brown was fined $5,000 for the anti-social behaviour.

Fava stopped drinking after the incident and put the controversy behind him with a standout 2008 campaign for the Force where he was one of the team's best forwards.

Despite his standout season, Fava was expected to struggle for a starting berth in 2009 following Brown's emergence as an international-standard No.8.

Rugby WA chief executive Greg Harris said Fava had left a lasting impression on the Force.

"He will forever have his name in the club's history books as the first try scorer in our team's history," Harris said.

Fava joined Queensland in 2000 before moving to the Brumbies three seasons later.

The popular veteran, who has five Wallaby caps to his name, moved to Perth in 2006 for the Force's debut season and should he play for the Waratahs next year, he will become the first man to play for all four Australian Super 14 franchises.

Western Force release Fava - Yahoo!7 Sport

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The first of the senior player group to head back east. Probably didn't get on with Mitchell.

Hopefully he can keep his drinking under control, and it'll be good to put some distance between him and Rotness.

vCash
    Sorry to see you go, Chops

Thanks for everything, Scotty!

Last edited by tragic; 12-09-08 at 20:17.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    The first of the senior player group to head back east. Probably didn't get on with Mitchell.

Hopefully he can keep his drinking under control, and it'll be good to put some distance between him and Rotness.
    Man that's a big fishing attempt there.

If he picks up the bottle in a big way again he'll fit in well with the Tah's it'll be swept under the carpet in no time.

PS. Stop stealing our players Tahs! Why can't you nurture your own talent!

vCash
    He's an old Eastwood boy anyway... and I think the first player to sign for all 4 provinces in oz.

vCash
    Good luck to him
    Thats a pretty funny stat...the first to play at all four teams

vCash
    Just the first one to sign for all 4 teams... though being an Eastwood boy it's likely that Hickey will pick him...

vCash
    I think that Scotty has done two things here. 1 He's serious about getting closer to family, given the Quokkagate thing and the rapid follow up of the Haigy and Henners show he is probably pretty serious about dealing with the booze and you need the unconditional support that family provides to do that
    2 He can see the writing on the wall a bit at the he's old and there are a bunch of young loosies in the team who are pretty much pissing fire at the moment. It's essentially a given that Mitch will be looking to inject his youth into the team over the course of the next year or two and that spells bech (and possibly suit) time for wolverine. The 'Tahs have an older pack in comparison and there's a bit more room for him to press for selection, especially given that Rocky's leaving and Vickerman going will mean that the #6 slot is unlikely to be filled by a Lock/Backrow, they'll be doing the Lock/Lock thing next year.

Good luck to him. I'll always cherish my Membership card with Scotty's picture on it. the only pissoff is that kills my dream of getting my cards signed by the bloke whose face is on it.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I've read that with the dollars we (the force) are saving from the departure of Fava (great bloke and good luck with the rugby, but not the tahs) they are targeting a an international prop, does any one know who is on the shopping list now for new recruits ?

vCash
    awww
    good luck in the future

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

i'd say he would have to drink to fit in.
    i swear with the amount of crap lote talks you would think he is pissed all the time

vCash
    Good on ya Scotty, well done mate and best of luck with the powder blues!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    i swear with the amount of crap lote talks you would think he is pissed all the time
    No, just a retard.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    its a shame to see you go scott. youve had your ups and downs, but really, you've been a great player on the field.
    best of luck in a poofterjumper

id say horua. he was outstanding till he got injured. pusey or hodgsen on the bench. id say horua, pocock and brown would make even richie mccaw shake in his boots

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Thanks for the memories Scotty! A great bloke who will be sorely missed around these parts.

But more importantly... I'm going to miss Poppy. Please don't take her away.

I made Happy sad...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast