Poll: MESisacrapoption.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I don't care, so long as it is "square"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Now factor in all the massive overflow from the Subiaco displaced boxes, the Diamond Club and the Subiaco Gold Members and see how many seats are left.

It's time for me to fly but I would say if you are looking for good seats in a smaller ground then do your upgrading now while you can because there will be a stampede once an announcement is made!

There are only so many ways to state the same basic facts and it is up to the individual to digest it or not, so that is all from me.
    And I promise not to bring any "I told you so" or "I voted for..." type banners if we end up at MES

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post

There are only so many ways to state the same basic facts and it is up to the individual to digest it or not, so that is all from me.
    And I promise not to bring any "I told you so" or "I voted for..." type banners if we end up at MES
    And all the ignorant retards in the cheap seats will be several hundred metres away so we wouldn't be able to read it anyway... oops, no that's our other choice- Subi!

vCash
    I'm assuming the last option means "yes for MES"?

vCash
    Well as previously indicated by yourself, you might not justify the purchase of a season pass if the move to MES occurs. So we won't worry about it.

I am already kilometres away from the action, anywhere at MES would be a welcome improvement, the Subi expierience is wearing thin, it's a shithouse ground for AFL let alone Rugby
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It means "yes and I don't care about any other argument, I will blindly go and hang the down side" etc...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    It means "yes and I don't care about any other argument, I will blindly go and hang the down side" etc...
    What other arguements is there? Stay at subi, corporates are looked after, but the average punter and membership holder is shafted. I look forward to the membership figure for this comming Super 14 season, i reckon it will have dropped again
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Well as previously indicated by yourself, you might not justify the purchase of a season pass if the move to MES occurs. So we won't worry about it.
    Doesn't mean I wouldn't go to any matches, I just might be watching through the fence because there won't be any walk up tickets available.

But seriously, when I have to travel 2000kms round trip for each match and not assured of seeing them all (been to about 10 of the first 19 so far as a Gold Member) then when I do get there I want it to be a good seat.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    The original upgrade plans (2005 brief) would have ended up like this:
    Stage 2- Eastern Grandstand
    Stage 3- Western Grandstand
    Stage 4- The Ends.

im guessing from swee's pic that they are gonna have 77000 seats eventually? well the average crowd this season was about 23000 or something like that. some people who are already at the end *cough cough* blue crew *cough* can stay at the end and that leaves the decent area for us the extra 55000 seats cant all be at the ends. im all for MES... i think.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    im guessing from swee's pic that they are gonna have 77000 seats eventually? well the average crowd this season was about 23000 or something like that. some people who are already at the end *cough cough* blue crew *cough* can stay at the end and that leaves the decent area for us the extra 55000 seats cant all be at the ends. im all for MES... i think.
    Nah, those totals are for the whole stadium at the end of each stage, not the number of seats being added. Final capacity if Stage 4 completed, 31609.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And we currently average against NZ sides about 28,000...

I'm off for Sydney, goodbye Argentina!!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Nah, those totals are for the whole stadium at the end of each stage, not the number of seats being added. Final capacity if Stage 4 completed, 31609.
    ahh.. i cant understand tables

but still.

it wont be packed completely, not if the crowds from last season where anything to go by. the ends will be the last to sell, and thats... 8000 empty seats. there will be some people at the ends, but not lots and lots (its late and i dont think that makes sense but i am too tired to care!)

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    I reckon with seating at 31000 Memberships will spike, let's face it if there's only a small number of seats available at a game they will be rubbish. Membership is the only way to be sure of your seat. About the only thing Burgs said that I agree with is upgrade now because if MES is taken on the rush you saw in year 1 will pale in comparison, particularly if the move is made before stage 3. I personally have watched a percentage of games from various angles at MES and don't think there's a bad seat in the ground when you compare it to Subiaco......I stand to be corrected when another 10 K are added to the mix but the worst seat in MES atm matches the best seat you can get at Subi!

MiniGIGS and me have our claws into a pair of gold seats and aren't giving them up for love or money the rest of you lot can take the dregs.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    MiniGIGS and me have our claws into a pair of gold seats and aren't giving them up for love or money the rest of you lot can take the dregs.
    There should be at least one vote for the fifth option then

It's funny that the same people that are cynical about a greenfield site happening are the same ones proposing that all stages of the proposed MES plan would ever happen either.
    Suits an argument I guess.
    What happens if it never gets past stage two because of political dithering?
    Capped crowds, no room for expansion of supporter base or corporate sponsorship and exorbitant supply and demand seating for a privileged few leading to a financially crippled organisation would be my suggestion.
    Meanwhile the powers that be can say, "well, we gave you a fair bit of what you wanted, you'll just have to wait for all these other pressing projects to be completed now."

I believe we are getting one bite of the cake at this in this generation and many here seem happy to settle for mediocrity. Well, support it enough and you just might get what you wish for, fifty years in a compromise.

Adios (Argentina) until G'day (Australia) on Saturday morning.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    How many TWF members have dropped thier memberships in the first place???
    I did after the first season (my gold seat, that is), mainly because I moved from Kalgoorlie to Whyalla and thought I wouldn't get to as many games. Since the move across the nullabor two years ago, I have attended 7 home games at Subi.

I ended up getting an out of town membership and my seat was bought by the people I sat with in the first season, so I get first call on the seat for games I will be over for.

Loyalty to the will not affect where I watch them play - it just might make the experience feel better in an elongated square.

Last edited by oxleymoron; 26-09-08 at 07:00. Reason: more dribble to add

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    How many TWF members have dropped thier memberships in the first place???
    I know several people at work who dropped after the first season because of Spewbi. At least one of them now goes to the WA reds mungo games at MES and enjoys it.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast