Poll: Under what circumstances would you want to move from Subi to MES?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Under what circumstances would you happily move from Subi to MES?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Under what circumstances would you happily move from Subi to MES?

With the stadium debate hotting up - at least on TWF - what circumstances would entice you into backing a move to Members Equity Stadium?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    As stated earlier, i'll go where the Force goes.

I know its a bit of a ditzy opinion but my option is : i'll go where the Force goes, if it's Subi i wouldn't be so happy about it but would go anyway and if it's a rectangular stadium then that's much better and i'd go anyway.

vCash
    Even the cheap seats at Canberra Stadium behind the goal posts were better than the Gold seats at Subi (not sure about diamond). MES is similar to Canberra and is a better option than an oval stadium even though the corporate areas aren't so extensive

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Um just wodering, on the Rugby WA website there used to be a poll asking about supporter satisfaction with Subi which had similar questions ie, would you renew your membership if we played at a rectangular stadium, rate your viewing experience at Subi, rate your overall Subi satisfaction etc. Does anyone know the results of this poll? From memory it got around 6000 replies.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I think it was pretty heavily weighted against Subi.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Unregistered
    I'd renew my expired membership in a heartbeat if MES were to become the Force's new home ground!

vCash
    I go where the Force goes.

Prefer a rectangle.

Don't reckon a crap seat at MES would be worse than the seat I have now (Silver)

Don't believe RugbyWA will move from Subi if is likely to put them in financial trouble.

Don't believe the government will bother spending it's funds if it doens't have RugbyWA and other rectangualr field sports administrators there to say it's a good thing (otherwise it would be a PR disaster).

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I guess a good indicator will be how they manage the move from Perry Lakes...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'd renew my expired membership in a heartbeat if MES were to become the Force's new home ground!
    What about your non-existent TWF membership?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    I'd prefer any seat at MES to what I can get at SUBI. But a move should not be made if there are not sufficient general and corporate seats to .......

1. Adequately sustain the franchise going forward.
    2. Accommodate at least the average crowd to date.

On the second point, I know we've had some great crowds when the top franchises have visited. But as long as the hard core are catered for and the franchise is secure, I'd prefer to see a few "sometime supporters" turned away in the short term while a business case for seating becomes self evident. They can go to a pub to watch.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Good points, Shasta. I think for the purposes of this poll we can take your 2 points, especially point 1, as being an implicit part of any move.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    option1 for me, but it will be down to the corporates and how they are looked after at MES.....

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'd prefer to see a few "sometime supporters" turned away in the short term while a business case for seating becomes self evident. They can go to a pub to watch.
    Really - how many years has the business case for Subi been evident?

As an aside, I wonder how many "sometime" supporters there would be in a year and how it compares with the $1M operating surplus? Perhaps there should be another option there for "I want to move, even if it would mean less funding for the amateur game".

vCash
    I would so dearly love a rectangular stadium, but I have pretty good seats at the moment, sure I can't see the corner diagonal to mine but not much happens in that corner anyway. I fully support a move to MES and if I got worse seats, further away from the action, I'm pretty sure I could handle it. In the grand scheme of things I'd still probably be closer than people who sit front row at either goal end of Subi.

Overall I don't care where they play, so long as Im there watching and I have a relatively good seat.

I reckon a move to MES would increase the number of members but at the same time an increase in the number of members would be limited at MES because of the lack of seating and if they built more seats for the public they'd need more corporate boxes and that would cost more money that we don't have. What a conundrum?!

Last edited by laura; 26-09-08 at 17:29.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Really - how many years has the business case for Subi been evident?
    Yes really, Andy. I'm not sure there is a pressing business case for Subiaco Oval. Is the fact the WCE has a waiting list for memberships and that Joe Public can't get a seat twice a year a pressing business case? How many times is it filled apart from Derbies and Rugby internationals? One thing I'm certain of is that the facilities need improving.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    As an aside, I wonder how many "sometime" supporters there would be in a year and how it compares with the $1M operating surplus? Perhaps there should be another option there for "I want to move, even if it would mean less funding for the amateur game".
    That's not easy to guess either. But I reckon Rugby WA would prefer the surety of 28,000-odd at almost every match to the uncertainty of falling membership numbers and possibly average crowds at Subiaco.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast