Thread: Barbarians want Williams for Wembley match

vCash

Barbarians want Williams for Wembley match

Sonny Bill Williams up against the Wallabies - that's the tantalising match-up set take to place at Wembley in early December.

The former Bulldogs star, who left the NRL to play rugby in France, has fielded an offer from Barbarians coach Eddie Jones to play for his team against the Wallabies during their spring tour of Europe.

Williams received the invitation via a text message to his manager, Khoder Nasser, and while he needs permission from his club to play, the Toulon player is keen to take what would be a big step in his rugby development.

Jones was happy to confirm he wanted the former Kiwi league international - who has made no secret of his aspiration to play for the All Blacks - to represent the Barbarians on December 3.
    http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...750400063.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Champion
    vCash
    why.
    how does he meet the critiria for baabaas
    just because he is amou for league he is yet to prove himself in union

vCash
    I'm not sure, but hey anyone familiar with American football help me out (Chad "ocho cinco" Johnson)- I think Ol' Sonny Boy gets undue attention (sometimes unfair respect) due to 1): his combination of flamboyant playing style which sometimes exceeds his true worth coupled with a personality that is ignorant of the concept of shame; 2): He is pushed to the fore by an unscrupulous agent whose only interest in his client is $$$$.. I think Oscar Wilde said "The only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about"... er somethin' like that...am I way off the mark here?

by and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth-george carlin: