Page 322 of 323 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 318 319 320 321 322 323 LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 4835

Thread: What makes you smile?

vCash
    Mother Nature. G kids all disappointed no fireworks at the Mandurah Chrissy pageant last night. So the old girl stepped up with the best skyshow ever over the Harvey Estuary.

Name:  Aurora 1.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  24.9 KB

Name:  Aurora 2.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  49.5 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I follow some local photographers on Instagram and some of the photos I've seen this morning have been amazing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I follow some local photographers on Instagram and some of the photos I've seen this morning have been amazing.
    Yep. I've never seen it before. Phone cams are pretty good these days but you need to use night mode and slow shutter speed so a bit hard to hold steady. The solar maximum is early this time around - most of next year so there's likely to be more opportunities. I think I'll get a mini tripod.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I've just seen another photo on Insta and it was visible from Mt Dale so I've never heard of it being visible so far north.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I've just seen another photo on Insta and it was visible from Mt Dale so I've never heard of it being visible so far north.
    It's not so much a matter of latitude but more about light pollution. The trick is to find a spot with no or not many street Lights. That way you don't need to go out too far. I took those shots looking south across the estuary from Coodanup with trees behind me blocking the sky glow from Mandurah & Perth.

This is a great shot from outside Northam in February (not mine). Must be a good camera with probably about 30 sec exposure - Milky Way & the Large & Small Magellanic Galaxies clear as ell.
    Name:  Aurora 3.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  65.3 KB

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Name:  403986874_836181434858233_5523745818325175332_n.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  66.3 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "They" say Rugby Union is a rich kids Code played by elite Schoolboys and followed by overeducated toff's.
    Then you read some of the passionate supporter posts on Facebook Groups/Pages and, well I'm not so sure...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    "They" say Rugby Union is a rich kids Code played by elite Schoolboys and followed by overeducated toff's.
    Then you read some of the passionate supporter posts on Facebook Groups/Pages and, well I'm not so sure...
    Just more proof of that old saying..."education is important, but Rugby is importanter"

vCash
    Looks like I may have won my cage fight with cancer. Last June I was diagnosed with a cancerous tumour in my oesophagus. I was refered to a surgeon who said the cancer was detected early and had not spread. He told me he could cut it out and get another 20 years out of me (I'm 66). I've spent the last seven months jumping through all the hoops - pre-surgery chemo - complicated surgery which took over seven hours and now last thursday I finally completed my post surgery chemo. I think I have aged about 10 years physically over the last seven months. I can't complain though every step of the treatment was considered a success and I am truely grateful to all the medical proffesionals who have given me a second chance at life. I look forward to 2024 as I slowly get my health and strength back and intend to start ticking off bucket list items with a positive outlook. Hope everyone has a great 2024.

13 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Looks like I may have won my cage fight with cancer. Last June I was diagnosed with a cancerous tumour in my oesophagus. I was refered to a surgeon who said the cancer was detected early and had not spread. He told me he could cut it out and get another 20 years out of me (I'm 66). I've spent the last seven months jumping through all the hoops - pre-surgery chemo - complicated surgery which took over seven hours and now last thursday I finally completed my post surgery chemo. I think I have aged about 10 years physically over the last seven months. I can't complain though every step of the treatment was considered a success and I am truely grateful to all the medical proffesionals who have given me a second chance at life. I look forward to 2024 as I slowly get my health and strength back and intend to start ticking off bucket list items with a positive outlook. Hope everyone has a great 2024.
    Excellent news!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Fantastic news Todd. Go get it!!!!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Great news mate!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Good shit Todd. Hope your recovery from the treatment goes well.

C'mon the

vCash
    Getting an occasional Western Force article on The Roar.
    Welcome to the West Atu Moli
    PS. I don't care what Phil Waugh may think about WF recruitment.

Last edited by andrewg; 15-01-24 at 12:17.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    PS. I don't care what Phil Waugh may think about WF recruitment.
    I read it he was, if not pro, at least not against?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.