Thread: Rugby League World Cup 2008

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Rugby League World Cup 2008

That is all.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    But I wanna bet on Lebanon. Otherwise known as the Sydney Bulls JB Cup team.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    But I wanna bet on Lebanon. Otherwise known as the Sydney Bulls JB Cup team.

I thought you were more of a Mounties man, you got on well with their halfback
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I thought you were more of a Mounties man, you got on well with their halfback
    Pretty sure he's qualified for the Lebs too.

PS.
    Just had a squiz at the schedule. Lebanon didn't make the cut this time. Maybe Syria knocked them out in the qualifiers.

Last edited by shasta; 07-10-08 at 13:15.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Six Manly players in Australian squad
    AAP - October 7, 2008, 2:46 pm

Manly have been rewarded for their dominant premiership victory with six players form the grand final squad - including rookie winger David Williams - named in the Australian squad to play in this month's Rugby League World Cup.

Williams was the bolter in a new-look squad which features seven uncapped players, four a whom played in Sunday night's 40-0 grand final win over Melbourne.

Premiership players Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart and Newcastle reject Josh Perry were also given their first taste a the green and gold, joining NSW fullback Brett Stewart and Test prop Brent Kite who were also named in the 24-man squad to be captained by Darren Lockyer.

"It's a great reward for a very, very good football team," Kangaroos coach Ricky Stuart said a the six Sea Eagles in the squad.

"They showed on Sunday evening that they warranted their selections."

A clean-shaven Williams, thanks to teammate Michael Robertson who took it upon himself to clean up 'The Wolfman', said he didn't believe the news when told by his Manly teammates, who are still celebrating Sunday's win in their seaside Manly apartment.

"I still don't think it's hit me yet," Williams said.

"I haven't got a grasp on the grand final let alone making the Test squad, I'm sure that will come later in the week."

Stuart said the inclusion a Williams was reward for a fantastic finals display in which the 22-year-old showed he could handle the big-game atmosphere.

"I think it's very exciting, I think it would be even more exciting for David himself," Stuart said.

"I think he's had a little bit a run a bad luck in regards to his injuries - this season with Des (Manly coach Des Hasler) he's had a pretty good run with health and he's shown that he can be a very exciting winger.

"He's big and strong and very fast."

Canberra duo Terry Campese and Joel Monaghan and Gold Coast backrower Anthony Laffranchi are the other new faces while there was also an international recall for veteran Sydney Rooster backrower Craig Fitzgibbon and Titans skipper Scott Prince.

Six Manly players in Australian squad - Yahoo!7 Sport

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Six Manly players in Australian squad
    Great to see Terry "Campese !!!"rewarded for a fantastic season. But with Lockyer, Thurston, Prince, Inglis & Kurt Gidley in the squad he might be contesting the 13 jersey with Paul Gallen rather than the 6 spot.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash

PS.
    Just had a squiz at the schedule. Lebanon didn't make the cut this time. Maybe Syria knocked them out in the qualifiers.
    maybe they were spending too much time at a certain Sydney beach

vCash

PS.
    Kind of ironic considering they actually play league in Lebanon now and they didn't back then