Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It’s been a while…

vCash

Exclamation It’s been a while…

So 5 exams later and I’m back…hooray for me, unlucky for you! It seems that you’ve all been busy though, 5709 unread posts, good work team..even if it did make my internet spit chips!
    So of all those posts (no I didn’t read them all) there are some that I wanted my 2 cents worth, so here goes… my 2 cents on lots of topics all rolled in to one rather long-winded post.
    Enjoy, there’s something for everyone.

Chat reports- thanks to Jehna & Robyn for keeping up with the chat reporting…and AndyS the 1/9/39-2/9/45 was great too!

Birthdays - OMS, The Enforcer, oxleymoron, pieter_blackie, Seldom, LarryNJ, Mrs Jargs. Happy Birthday, hope you all had a great day and more to come (sorry if I missed anyone)

New Members – Mudskipper, Haji, Drfunk, Boozewatch, RuckNMaul…welcome to TWF if you’re new and if you have been round for a while & just stated posting Good to see the TWF family growing (again sorry if I missed anyone).

Best of luck to Scotty Fava at the Tahs, I saw an interview on channel 10 with him & Sarah & Poppy. They seemed to be enjoying themselves over there & I look forward to the Tahs vs Force game!!

The Open Letter to TWF members – I appreciate that Greg Harris took the time to write it. While it wasn’t ground-breaking information, it still says a fair bit about Greg Harris IMHO. It doesn’t take much to put members’ minds at ease but it’s rare to see someone actually go to the effort, so for that thankyou Mr Harris.

The ‘Hair’ thread - Wow TOCC you’re a positive chap! Drew shaved Gits hair…probably to repay him for the job he did….and Gits it’s the only one to get a new haircut from Drew

‘Tuqiri relief at seat on plane’ – If it was any other player he would have been left behind and aloud to rejoin ONLY when fit. I’m sure all the food, accommodation and travel expenses accrued by him could have been used for something much more important. i.e. Rabbit’s crusade to buy more Wally’s or it could have gone to our stadium fund!

Paddo Challenge – apologies for bailing. My one beer effort wouldn’t have made too much of a dent on the 141, so thanks to everyone who participated and got TWF on the board

Pocock debut – congratulations to him! What a fantastic season and a well-deserved honour. Also congrats to James O'Connor on taking to the field, great to see another Force player representing Austarlia. Congrats to Dane Haylett-Petty, Scott Daruda and Will Brock on making the 7’s squad. Hopefully this puts them one step closer to representing Australia, in the Wallabies, in the future.

WelshRugbyFan – Congratulations on the great news about Conor’s scans, that’s fantastic!!

The Eastern Force – See you in Sydney next April!

The Daylight Savings Debate – I reckon it depends on what you’re situation is as to whether you like it or not. Predominantly people who work indoors for most of the day love it because there is still light to do things after work, yes they are mainly recreational but when you’re not at work isn’t everything pretty much classed as recreational? Predominantly people who work outside aren’t such big fans and I can understand that. Yes they can work with the sun instead of the clock but if you have to co-ordinate with other people, buyers, schools etc you have to keep in with clock times and then there’s no real option but to work with DLS and not the sun, which means working in the hottest part of the day while some office chump gets to sit in their air-conditioned office. So of course there is always going to be debate and divide over the issue because not everyone is living in the same conditions or the under the same circumstances.

Gits contract – I know the saying ‘let sleeping dogs lie’ but I really want to say to all the journos and reporters who are making stuff up and getting and inch then running a mile with it, give up. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gits left because he can’t a minute to himself. He hasn’t even come out and suggested that he is leaving let alone confirmed it so why stir up all this crap when it might never happen. I don’t think Gits is a selfish person and I certainly don’t think he is money hungry. The offer for $1.6 million was to keep him here for the next 3 years, not just to repay the firepower balls up. Him rejecting it could simply mean he has no intention of staying for 3 years, that’s not to say that he isn’t going to honour his contract and stay for the next year. If he leaves at the end of season ’09 then I can’t blame him and certainly won’t hold a grudge but if he leaves sooner then I guess I can’t really blame him either but will be a bit disappointed. I don’t think Gits would up and leave his mates or abandon his team and leave them down a player, but what will be will be and we will have to accept it either way.

Rugby Coverage – THANKYOU CHANNEL 10! Even though the games aren’t on til midnight or some forsaken hour of the morning, they are much closer to being live than channel 7 ever offered. The commentary has been great compared to channel 7, particularly the game where the commentary was about 15 seconds ahead of the play
    I vote channel 10 gets the rights to all Rugby Union games, at least they have some idea of patriotism by showing the game within 3 hours that t has been played and even show games that Australia aren’t playing in

Movember – just want to thank the Mustang Owner’s Club of WA. I went along to a meeting with dad and usually they get charged a gold coin by the sheriff and it goes to Camp Quality, in her absence they agreed to donate their money to Movember and I collected $160 from them. So a huge thanks to all those who helped out. Also a huge thanks to Cowboy & all the other TWFers who donated. I know I'm no bloke but I know the blokes of Australia are very greatful!!

The Wallabies vs England game – what a tremendous display of team work. Ok so the game wasn’t perfect but when Al Baxter nailed the England scrum, every single Wallabies player on the field walked over and congratulated him and once he nailed it he was on a roll and set forward with the other 7 blokes to destroy their scrum. Hopefully that was what he needed to get him back on track and I look forward to Sunday morning’s game!

Indigenous Rugby – It’s great to hear that the Indigenous Dreamtime team had/has the opportunity to take on New Zealand Maori. I’m so glad that rugby is being spread around to the more remote parts of Australia that are pretty much all AFL zones to date. Jim Williams & Berrick Barnes going to Arnhem Land and Sam Wykes & Matt Hodgson going to the Kimberley is fantastic and hopefully one day there a few Indigenous Australian players in the Super 14 and eventually the Wallabies. South Africa and New Zealand both have Indigenous people in their team and I await the day and Indigenous Aussie gets to represent their country.

So that’s it… hope no-one fell asleep!! apologies its much longer than I had imagined.
    And thanks for letting me back on Coach, my family will love you now that they don't have to hear my opinion on every sports journo and 'issue' that's arisen over the past 5 weeks.
    And thanks also to everyone who kept me in the loop with whats been happening in the world of rugby.

p.s. I want a rectangular stadium now...please!
    Oh and this is pretty cool http://twf.com.au/super14tables.php?mode=results must have been some awesome people who put those fixtures in

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by laura; 21-11-08 at 18:29.

vCash
    Just as well coach moved TWF over to the new host server with Laura and FA back online.... the old host server would have melted by now

wb Laura

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Bloody hell lass, breathe! Doesn't look like there were many of the 5709 you didn't get through, and you'd be needing a lie down having got that off your chest. Welcome back.

vCash
    Great to have you back hun.... I'm with Andy though- I reckon you have just about read every single post.

Last edited by Swee_82; 21-11-08 at 15:12. Reason: Didn't learn to spell in your absence

vCash
    I swear I didnt! There was 18 pages of unread threads...at 25 per page, thats lots!! I just got the main ones

I couldnt read them all anyway...it froze my interweb up after a while and then reset it so i had 6 unread posts.

vCash
    you got the main stuff - hope the exams went well and the TWF break helped - welcome back

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Who's Laura ?????

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    wb laura. and force_addict

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    WB Laura and FA

vCash
    Welcome back guys. We missed you!!

You just about summed up the past few weeks in a post!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Welcome back guys. We missed you!!
    you especially did because you copped most of the chat reporting. I hope laura was practising her lote/greg swann bashing between study and exams.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    you especially did because you copped most of the chat reporting. I hope laura was practising her lote/greg swann bashing between study and exams.
    Excuse me! I am in no bashing shape that I require a replacement!

But all recruits are welcome to the Lote-bashing society

However on the chat report... I don't mind. But if someone else would like a turn, that is OK hehe

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Welcome Back Laura! If you did half as good on your final exams as you did on your TWF report you'll be graduating with honors! Now that you are back we'll have 5709 new post everyday that we log in.

It's good to have you back, enjoy your time away from school.

Does FA have issues?

vCash
    FA definatley has issues!!

5,709 posts is my goal. I wish you hadn't revealed it to everyone...geez!
    Thanks too, if only I was as interested in human biol and epidemiology as I am in ruggers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Does FA have issues?
    no! but i think you do !

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast