Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Waugh returns to Wallabies starting line-up for Wales Test

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I believe so Jargs.
    Pretty sure the media says somewhere that Palu has an injured shoulder from that tackle last week gtf.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    "29 Nov - Wales v Australia, Cardiff
    Referee: Alan Lewis
    Touch judges: Dave Pearson, Romain Poite"

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/ref...ies-euro-tour/

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    For stories behind various rugby trophies try http://www.blackswans.org/trophies.htm

The James Bevan Trophy was created in 2007 and is contested between Australia and Wales. The trophy was established to celebrate almost a century of rugby between the two countries, the first game having been played in Cardiff in 1908 during the first Australian rugby tour to Britain. Wales won the match 9 points to six, both sides scoring two tries. The trophy was awarded for the first time in 2007 to Australia who won the first test in Sydney with a last minute try and the second a week later in Brisbane by 31 points to nil. The Trophy was commissioned by International Business Wales, the economic arm of the Welsh assembly government.

James Bevan was born in St Kilda, Victoria, but through a twist of fate become the first captain of the Welsh rugby union team in 1881.

His father was born in Grosmont, Monmouthshire, and emigrated to Australia in 1848. He met his wife on the voyage to Australia and the couple had three children, two daughters and a son. Tragedy struck the family in 1866 when Mr and Mrs Bevan were among 251 passengers who drowned when the Melbourne-bound SS London sank in heavy seas in the Bay of Biscay. James Bevan Jnr was seven years old and was sent with his one surviving sister to live with relatives in Wales. He was educated at Hereford Cathedral School and went to St John’s College, Cambridge, where he won rugby Blues in 1877 and 1880. James Bevan, regarded as 'an Abergavenny man", was one of three future Anglican clergymen in the first Welsh rugby team of 1881, a significant feature of the time and a reflection of the mixed reception to the growth of rugby in the valleys in the late 19th century.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Badger, if you're supporting Wales this week, I'll send you up some tissues. WA shall smush Wales utterly.... The funny thing is now that you can't tell me the wallabies will loose 'coz that means you're saying the force aren't good
    I haven't decided who i am going for this week you know that! Plus you have completely forgot about the Tah Factor. Great, even just type the 'T' word has made my breakfast reapear. Cheers

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

vCash
    Obviously Lote Tuqiri and Ashley Cooper fitness is questionable. George Smith must need a rest he has had an outstanding tour. Importantly Deans knows the Welsh don't have a 80 minute game, Smith will run a muck in the second half...

The backs will destroy them especially Giteau, Mortlock and Cross.

Furthermore Waugh and Dunning know the Welsh game so their in the crew. With Palu and TPN out I beat they've caught the tour sickness because they likely room together as they are flat mates in Sydney... Loosie Richard Brown will make up for Smiths absence in the ruck...

Essentially the Wallabies need to have the lead at half time…as Wales will slowly retreat into the damp field of Millennium Stadium… Wallabies by 10-14…tough margin to pick.

Obviously Lote Tuqiri and Ashley Cooper fitness is questionable. George Smith must need a rest he has had an outstanding tour. Importantly Deans knows the Welsh don't have a 80 minute game, Smith will run a muck in the second half...

Furthermore Waugh and Dunning know the Welsh game so their in the crew. With Palu and TPN out I beat they've caught the tour sickness because they likely room together as they are flat mates in Sydney... Loosie Richard Brown will make up for Smiths absence in the ruck...

Essentially the Wallabies need to have the lead at half time…as Wales will slowly retreat into the damp field of Millennium Stadium… Wallabies by 10-14…tough margin to pick.

The Wallabies haven't won all matches on a Northern Hemisphere tour in the professional era. Image is of past achievers…

vCash
    The following is an attempt on the part of a Wallabies supporter to generate some sensible discussion ................

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Furthermore Waugh and Dunning know the Welsh game so their in the crew.
    …as Wales will slowly retreat into the damp field of Millennium Stadium…
    Hmmmm. As a wobblies supporter I'm not sure what this analysis might be based upon.

I understand the enthusiasm but if we look at the results over the last 3 years it doesn't tend to support the case. Most games have been pretty close apart from the second test in Brisbane in 07. Wales have drawn and won a test in that time as well. I was at the Sydney match in 2007 when the Wobblies won with a last minute try in the corner. Close match. Lst year. In Australia.

Again, I understand the enthusiasm but why would "Waugh and Dunning undertand the Welsh game" ??????? Because they play for NEW South Wales ????? Please provide some sensible explanation !

Why would Wales be at a disadvantage on "the damp field of Millennium Stadium" ?

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    Again, I understand the enthusiasm but why would "Waugh and Dunning undertand the Welsh game" ??????? Because they play for NEW South Wales ????? Please provide some sensible explanation !

Didn't Waugh captain Australia against Wales one time??? Maybe that's the reason.

vCash
    Badger, the clock is ticking. Time to tell me who.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I believe so Jargs.
    Pretty sure the media says somewhere that Palu has an injured shoulder from that tackle last week gtf.
    Yep.

Injured Wallaby sent home early

From correspondents in Cardiff, Wales
    November 27, 2008

AUSTRALIA have lost a third player from their spring tour of Europe, with Wycliff Palu sent back to Australia with a recurrence of a shoulder injury.

The destructive backrower sustained damage to cartilage and ligaments in his shoulder during the second half of last Saturday's 18-13 win over France in Paris.

Palu had already been ruled out of Australia's final two matches due to the injury before Wallabies coach Robbie Deans made the call on Wednesday to send him home for treatment.....

the rest:
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23217,00.html

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    I think Robbie Deans thinks the Welsh have mined the field and he isn’t prepared to loose George Smith so Waugh gets a last run in the colours. Pocock will get a run next week against the Barbarians…

The welsh have a siege mentality…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post

The welsh have a siege mentality…
    You would feel the same if you spelt as badly as the welsh do. Just as well we aren't playing them at scrabble.

vCash

Not bad for a Wallabies supporter ....

Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    You would feel the same if you spelt as badly as the welsh do. Just as well we aren't playing them at scrabble.
    All I can say to you is

Llanfairpwllgwyngillgogerychwyrnhdrobwylllandisilo gogoch

and for anyone who may be vageuly interested, the Welsh alphabet comprises the following twenty six characters -

a b c ch d dd e f ff g h i l ll m n o p ph r s t th u w y

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    All I can say to you is

Llanfairpwllgwyngillgogerychwyrnhdrobwylllandisilo gogoch

and for anyone who may be vageuly interested, the Welsh alphabet comprises the following twenty six characters -

a b c ch d dd e f ff g h i l ll m n o p ph r s t th u w y
    dd?? What on Earth are those crazy Welsh-ish people thinking!!

What does dd sound like? Two 'd's? That's just crazy..

And th? Dear God...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Welsh was a Celtic based language and hence has a different structure to our alphabet which is latin based (although English as a language is Germanic based with a Celtic influence but uses a Latin alphabet, so go figure).

vCash
    sorry about the spelling in a rush....other stuff going down... in truth I think it will be the best test match this tour...really looking forward to it...

vCash
    The welsh sign makers must live like kings

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast