Poll: Where will the Force finish in 2009?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where will the Force Finish in 2009?

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    I've put them in at 3rd. But realistically every position is up for grabs this year. The Crusaders will be without Carter, they'll still be good, but not a guarantee for top two.

Thing about the Force is they can't peak too early again this year. Two years in a row now (last year was a bit to do with injuries, but wasn't the only reason) they have started real strong and then after about week 10 have dropped off and blew their chances at a finals spot.

Also would be good for the schedule to give them a favour or two this year. I swear last year we played so many teams when they were in the middle of a good run. IE Look at the Reds game, they weren't doing too well, then played their best game of the year against us. Same with Stormers, if we had played them 2 or 3 weeks earlier we probably would have won.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    #2 spot for me.. after watching the NPC final i still think the Saders have GAME! but the force wont be far behind next year.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    James you might be right about the blues i did think Isa Nacewa was still there and would go to fly...I agree about Gopperth nothing special the Hurricanes are luckto see him go. I think the Canes have ahot young fly but not I'm sure of his name...
    I know the guy your talking about. I think Gopperth ended up leaving because he was bench warming behind him. I think his name is Willie Ripia. Quite a big lad from what I saw. The Hurricanes seemed more keen on recruiting Quade Cooper then keeping Gopperth so that says a fair bit.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Yep...The Canes fly I saw during the ANZ Cup he looks the goods to me. And what’s more the Crusaders have got Brett and a new kid Colin Slade,,,The NZ rugby factory just pumps another inside back and we scratch around for years to find a new good fly...I looked up the Canes site yep your right, perhaps the canes will be the dominate NZ in 2009...

Willie Ripia
    Position: First Five-Eighth
    Height: 1.79m
    Weight: 91kg

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I don't know though.... I mean Danny Cipriani performs pretty well in the GP but he has been abhorrent in the last two weeks for England. After Dan Carter the only other really good fly-half still NZ based is Stephen Donald and he suffers terribly from form fluxuations. Yeah sure there is Colin Slade, Willie Ripia and Trent Renata and a few others but they are pretty young and inexperienced and are about in the same boat as Kurtley Beale, JO'C, Quade Cooper etc etc. I suppose the NZ factory does pump out more polished models though.

I'd like to see how Victor Vito does. I think he signed with the Hurricanes. Big winger/centre from 7s. Always finds himself on the highlights reel.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2