Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CLARIFICATION STATEMENT RWA ; JOHN MITCHELL

vCash

CLARIFICATION STATEMENT RWA ; JOHN MITCHELL

In response to recent media articles speculating as to the position of RugbyWA’s Head Coach of the Emirates Western Force, Mr John Mitchell, RugbyWA wishes to clarify the position as follows:

Mr Mitchell remains the Head Coach of the Emirates Western Force.

In response to certain assertions which have been raised with RugbyWA (including from players and coaching staff), the Board has:

(a) Appointed The Hon Mr Robert Anderson QC, a retired judge of the Supreme Court of Western Australia, to undertake certain inquiries of players, coaching staff and management of RugbyWA and to report to the Board on these matters;

(b) The inquiries by Mr Anderson are being undertaken in accordance with Terms of Reference approved by RugbyWA; and

(c) RugbyWA has also consented to and participated in a mediation process between Mr Mitchell and the coaching and support staff at the suggestion of Mr Mitchell's representatives.

Whilst Mr Anderson is undertaking his inquiries, Mr Mitchell will remain the Head Coach of the Emirates Western Force but some restrictions have been placed on his activities as Head Coach in the short term. These will not interfere with the Club's preparation for the 2009 Super 14 season.

Until Mr Anderson has finalised his inquiries and reported to the Board of RugbyWA, RugbyWA does not intend to make any further comment in respect of these matters.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Rugby WA statement on John Mitchell

In response to recent media articles speculating as to the position of RugbyWA’s Head Coach of the Emirates Western Force, Mr John Mitchell, RugbyWA wishes to clarify the position as follows: Click here...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    ohhhhh.............

vCash
    Talk about opening a can of worms, this statement does not clarify anything, if at all it intimates that there really is some sort of "issue" at the Force.

Not a great way to go into Christmas and the new season.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    its bloody obvious that there is an issue

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Wow - Merry Christmas hey!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Talk about opening a can of worms, this statement does not clarify anything,
    Don't worry. Muddy will let us know what's been going on. Oh yeah,that's right, he already has.

On a more serious note. Could be a tough year.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Can't they sort anything out for them"bloody"selves, we've got a problem gee lets go running to daddy for help. Grow a backbone.

vCash
    yeah lets screw another person not many left to do now at the force, even the members are dropping like flies. (eh but not me )

vCash
    Guys, you need to lobby Rugby WA to stop this BS. John Mitchell is a huge asset and now he will be scrutinised in a Royal Commission style enquiry.

Surely any present creative tension can be sorted out internally? Really.

Good luck to JM I say.

vCash
    media has got their hands on the RugbyWA press release

Western Force coach John Mitchell handed 'restricted' role

December 24, 2008 WESTERN Force coach John Mitchell has been placed on restricted duties after the Super 14 franchise set up an inquiry into rumours his relationship with players has broken down.

Media speculation in recent weeks has suggested Mitchell's straight talking approach has alienated players, with one report suggesting the former New Zealand boss had already been kept away from training.

The Force have asked retired judge Robert Anderson QC to "undertake certain inquiries of players, coaching staff and management".

They have also consented to a mediation process "between Mr Mitchell and the coaching and support staff at the suggestion of Mr Mitchell's representatives".

Mitchell, who has been in charge of the Force since their first season in 2006, is one year into a four-year deal with the Perth-based side.

Rugby WA released a "clarification statement" on Wednesday in response to the media speculation.

"Whilst Mr Anderson is undertaking his inquiries, Mr Mitchell will remain the head coach of the Western Force but some restrictions have been placed on his activities as head coach in the short term," the statement read.

"These will not interfere with the club's preparation for the 2009 Super 14 season."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23217,00.html

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Talk about Mango Madness and the Silly Season.

In the space of a week we have had RWA get "associated" with Ben Cousins, Giteaugate and now this.

Some housekeeping is required over the break!!

vCash
    If this is another case of players demanding, without due cause, that the coach be reigned in then that's a worrying trend running through Australian Rugby. Nucifora, McKenzie, Mitchell?

I don't know why the board and the CEO can't sort this mess out. Maybe they've been unable to get to the bottom of things. That's a worry in itself. Whatever, if the claims don't prove to have substance I really hope the organisation has the balls to show the troublemaker/s the door no matter who that turns out to be. Coaches of Mitchell's standing are hard to come by.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Bloodly Hell

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I don't know why the board and the CEO can't sort this mess out. Maybe they've been unable to get to the bottom of things. That's a worry in itself. Whatever, if the claims don't prove to have substance I really hope the organisation has the balls to show the troublemaker/s the door no matter who that turns out to be. Coaches of Mitchell's standing are hard to come by.
    I'd say you have hit the nail on the head there Shasta.... I really dont think RWA would bring in a independant person to sort whatever the mess is out if they got no where trying to sort out themselves....

Really is worrying though being so close to season start... I am dissappointed in RWA for not being able to sort this out over the last three months these allegations have surfaced???

In the space of a week we have had RWA get "associated" with Ben Cousins, Giteaugate and now this.

Some housekeeping is required over the break!!
    and even worse with everything going on has really taken the shine of the actual rugby!! Fingers and toes crossed this is all sorted over the break and when the new year arrives all news related to Force is about how well they are looking for the news season and the big year they are gonna have!!!

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast