Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tahs beat Reds in front of a crowd of 3530!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    time to bail old boy
    drinking problem?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    its in the genes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i find it ironic that you played your trial in your hometown when so many people go on about how rugby needs to be spread around and the east hord it for themselves. at least the tahs and reds and brumbies know how important it is to have people outside the cbd actually be able to attend a game and see there heroes. sorry just argued my own point, the west doesnt have any heroes, just unwanted or overpayed also rans!
    Erm, what? Have you ever been to regional WA? I happen to live in it (Don't bother, if you haven't) and dude, it's not quite as easy as that. If the next biggest city outside of Perth is Bunbury we would have held the trial there, but I don't think there is even a stadium there! Just playing fields, from what I've heard. And that's the second biggest city behind Mandurah.

Regional mean different things in different states it seems...

PLUS the regional people go up for most games. I go up for all the games. I went to the trial game.Takes me 3 hours to get there, mind, but I go. WJ, you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm not even going to rise to that last comment.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Royalties for Regions. Perhaps Col and Bwendon could finance the Busso Jets stadium upgrade to a 3 seater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    Toowoomba is a big town with an established rugby culture and a thriving junior competition and GPS school set up. It is also only 2 hours drive from Brisbane on a bad run. That is a very disappointing crowd. If they had the broncos playing they would have had a huge turnout. Luckily the ARU went west to a rugby starved public that will turn out in thousands to see rugby on the worst viewing field in the history of rugby. Build us a 40,000 seat rectangular stadium and we will fill it...........screw it, make it 60,000
    are you fucken retarded or something?
    like how hard is it to read other peoples replies?

Rugby Union in Toowoomba sits well behind rugby league, yes union is established at Toowoomba Grammar and Downlands College, but the club game is where league wins hands down.

2 hours on a bad run? well considering i have been working on jobs in Toowoomba the last 3 years on and off, as well as been in Toowoomba right now! i think i am slightly more qualified on the subject of Toowoomba. It takes slightly over 2 hours to Brisbane on a good run, a bad run is getting stuck behind a broken down truck on the range, or having the highway closed because of a accident, or trying to get through Ipwsich in peak hour. All of which can push your trip out to more then 3 or 4hours easily.

On top of that i already explained that the match was played at a ground with 3500 capacity, the only stadium in town 'Clive Bergohofer Stadium' has a capacity of 9000 and is currently undergoing minior renovations and wont be available for a few more months. On top of that, the Broncos have played in Toowoomba, back in 2006, and i was at that match as well, the crowd was only 6'300 in a 9'000 capactiy stadium.

Broncos were supported a lot more strongly back then as well, because there feeder team was based out of Toowoomba(Clydesdales), since then the Broncos have turned there back on Toowoomba and i would be suprised to see them get much support up here anymore.

but hey, if you scroll back a page or two you will see that i have already posted a large chunk of this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    how is that shutting me down?

my comments rendered many of the previous comments fruitless
    Shut YOU down....you give yourself far too much credit, I was thinking that my outing this as a huge pisstake would take most of the fun out of it for us......maybe I was wrong, it seems there might be some mileage left after all!

C'mon the

vCash
    are you fucken retarded or something?
    like how hard is it to read other peoples replies?

Rugby Union in Toowoomba sits well behind rugby league, yes union is established at Toowoomba Grammar and Downlands College, but the club game is where league wins hands down.

2 hours on a bad run? well considering i have been working on jobs in Toowoomba the last 3 years on and off, as well as been in Toowoomba right now! i think i am slightly more qualified on the subject of Toowoomba. It takes slightly over 2 hours to Brisbane on a good run, a bad run is getting stuck behind a broken down truck on the range, or having the highway closed because of a accident, or trying to get through Ipwsich in peak hour. All of which can push your trip out to more then 3 or 4hours easily.

On top of that i already explained that the match was played at a ground with 3500 capacity, the only stadium in town 'Clive Bergohofer Stadium' has a capacity of 9000 and is currently undergoing minior renovations and wont be available for a few more months. On top of that, the Broncos have played in Toowoomba, back in 2006, and i was at that match as well, the crowd was only 6'300 in a 9'000 capactiy stadium.

Broncos were supported a lot more strongly back then as well, because there feeder team was based out of Toowoomba(Clydesdales), since then the Broncos have turned there back on Toowoomba and i would be suprised to see them get much support up here anymore.

but hey, if you scroll back a page or two you will see that i have already posted a large chunk of this
    Did someone steal the jam out of your doughnut?
    I lived in Brisbane for 8 years. I suppose the time thing depends on where you live in Brisbane. It took me two hours roughly.........maybe your mum drives?
    I never disputed union was second fiddle to league in Toowoomba. The Reds administration has long been the source of woe for the banana benders and staging a trial with NSW in a stadium that holds 3500 displays their amateurism yet again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    Did someone steal the jam out of your doughnut?
    I lived in Brisbane for 8 years. I suppose the time thing depends on where you live in Brisbane. It took me two hours roughly.........maybe your mum drives?
    I never disputed union was second fiddle to league in Toowoomba. The Reds administration has long been the source of woe for the banana benders and staging a trial with NSW in a stadium that holds 3500 displays their amateurism yet again
    oh wow, so you lived in Brisbane, well champ i was raised in Brisbane and have worked between Toowoomba and Brisbane for the last 3 years, that amounts to over 100 trips between the two. Oh but im sure you know better!

As for the QRU comment, how about you actually take the time of day to read my original post, it would have saved myself a lot of time before you launched yourself into a ill-informed rant.

vCash
    i wouldnt worry TOCC, Chiselhead knows all.
    its a trial match that the queensland RU used to promote the game in a country town. they sold out the ground they used and probably created alot of good will and hopefully come registration day a fw more juniors sign up to union than league..............

then the force can sign those juniors if they show promise and queensland develop them.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    then the force can sign those juniors if they show promise and queensland develop them.

That would be fantastic, we would only be continuing our tradition of rescueing the cream of Queensland talent from the place. So far we have managed to rescue Richard Brown, Dave Pockock, James O'Conner, etc and personnally managed to rescue my wife from that states evil clutches. Amen.

vCash
    oh wow, so you lived in Brisbane, well champ i was raised in Brisbane and have worked between Toowoomba and Brisbane for the last 3 years, that amounts to over 100 trips between the two. Oh but im sure you know better!

As for the QRU comment, how about you actually take the time of day to read my original post, it would have saved myself a lot of time before you launched yourself into a ill-informed rant.
    See your doctor about male menopause. It is treatable

vCash
    i wouldnt worry TOCC, Chiselhead knows all.
    its a trial match that the queensland RU used to promote the game in a country town. they sold out the ground they used and probably created alot of good will and hopefully come registration day a fw more juniors sign up to union than league..............

I'm glad the QRU aren't running my business. That is all

vCash
    Chiselhead, can you go back to playing with your toys... the grown ups are trying to have a conversation

vCash
    Toowoomba may make Qld Reds calendar

TOOWOOMBA'S 12-year absence from the Queensland Reds calendar looks set to end in 2009.

The Garden City has been short-listed as a possible venue to host a Queensland Reds Super 14 pre-season clash.

Reds high performance manager Ben Whitaker confirmed to The Chronicle yesterday that Toowoomba was locked in a three-way battle with the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast to host one of two trials next season.

“We have two trial matches in 2009 and we're looking at playing one away from Brisbane. Toowoomba is definitely one of the venues we're looking at,” he said.

“Our operations manager was up there last week to look at facilities, so we definitely view Toowoomba as a genuine option.

“We're taking into consideration things like suitability of the ground and facilities and the experience of the town in hosting professional events.

“I can't say exactly when we will confirm the venue for the trial game but I'd say we will announce it fairly soon.”

Helping Toowoomba's chances of securing the game was the fact Whitaker said the Reds were not interested in a money-making venture but rather to promote the game in a regional area.

While Whitaker would not confirm who the Reds' opponent might be The Chronicle understands that fierce rival, the New South Wales Waratahs, is in the mix.

If Toowoomba was to secure the pre-season game it would be the first time a Super 14-standard game has been held in the Garden City since the Queensland Reds played the Wellington Hurricanes at Gold Park in 1997.

http://www.finda.com.au/story/2008/0...has-potential/

vCash
    If they played it at Rockhampton, Mackay, Cairns.......how many do you think would have turned up. They are also regional rugby centers. If you think 3500 is a good result, I can't help you. Not everybody has a business brain

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast