Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Tahs beat Reds in front of a crowd of 3530!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    If they played it at Rockhampton, Mackay, Cairns.......how many do you think would have turned up. They are also regional rugby centers. If you think 3500 is a good result, I can't help you. Not everybody has a business brain

firstly whilst it is professional rugby, the QRU and Reds still have a requirement and commitment to develop rugby across the state and unlike WA, QLD cant rely on other states to supply them with players.

secondly, this was played in Toowoomba as opposed to Rockhampton, Mackay or Cairns because Darling Downs Rugby Union Inc. only over recently was assimiliated into Darling Downs Ltd which is now the overarching body of all junior, senior and representative rugby on the range(since you have a great buisness brain i wont need to explain the significane), this is to prepare the region for entering a side in the QLD Premier Grade competition in the next 18months, this game was hosted in Toowoomba to give the DDRU a cash injection, increase exposure in the area and also celebrate a new chapter of rugby on the range.

The QRU also allowed DDRU to run there own stalls at the event, which in turn DDRU allowed local clubs to co-host the stalls and all profits split evenly.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    firstly whilst it is professional rugby, the QRU and Reds still have a requirement and commitment to develop rugby across the state and unlike WA, QLD cant rely on other states to supply them with players.
    Faingaa twins? That argument doesn't stand up. It is ridiculous

secondly, this was played in Toowoomba as opposed to Rockhampton, Mackay or Cairns because Darling Downs Rugby Union Inc. only over recently was assimiliated into Darling Downs Ltd which is now the overarching body of all junior, senior and representative rugby on the range(since you have a great buisness brain i wont need to explain the significane), this is to prepare the region for entering a side in the QLD Premier Grade competition in the next 18months, this game was hosted in Toowoomba to give the DDRU a cash injection, increase exposure in the area and also celebrate a new chapter of rugby on the range.
    So now you agree with me that Toowoomba is a growing rugby presence? Wasn't your argument against this your source of angst in the first place? You wouldn't know if your arse was on fire

The QRU also allowed DDRU to run there own stalls at the event, which in turn DDRU allowed local clubs to co-host the stalls and all profits split evenly.
    That's fine and dandy. I bet the local girl guides made more on their cookie bake
    Having played rugby in Rockhampton, I know how much money the QRU puts into the northern rugby regions. The Brisbane clubs are happy to plunder the local unions for the talent but they spend 4/5ths of f'uckall on country rugby

How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

vCash
    Faingaa twins? That argument doesn't stand up. It is ridiculous
    well no its not, QLD supplies nearly 40% of all professional rugby players in the Australia

So now you agree with me that Toowoomba is a growing rugby presence? Wasn't your argument against this your source of angst in the first place? You wouldn't know if your arse was on fire
    for me to agree with such a comment, you would have been required to say it in the first place, which you didnt... you said it had a established rugby culture and growing juniors, which i didnt disagree with either.

DDRU does have a growing rugby presence, much of which isnt actually contributed to Toowoomba but the surrounding regions. Its growing presence is directly attributed to the QRU and there programs to bring a higher standard of rugby to Toowoomba.

Having played rugby in Rockhampton, I know how much money the QRU puts into the northern rugby regions. The Brisbane clubs are happy to plunder the local unions for the talent but they spend 4/5ths of f'uckall on country rugby
    hmmm, so im assuming you have done research on the new state comp then?
    A new competition for 2009 including teams from Toowoomba, Townsville, Cairns and Rockhampton playing against the QLD Premier Grade sides

no, silly me, your posts have been inane rants so far why would that change now

Last edited by TOCC; 28-01-09 at 08:11.

vCash
    You forgot to comment on the DDRU meat raffle compared with the girl guides cookie bake

How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

vCash
    no i didnt forget, replying to such dribble would be insulting myself

i think ive proven my point and wasted enough time on you chisel.....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    You forgot to comment on the DDRU meat raffle compared with the girl guides cookie bake

YES!!!

TWF will be having sausage sizzle and meat raffles before and after the home games this season...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6