Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Johnson returns to Wales

vCash
    Here's a little nugget I stumbled over:

BOULDER, Colo. -- Scott Johnson has officially resigned as the Head Coach of the USA Men’s National Team, giving USA Rugby his 90-day notice early this morning.

“It has been great having Scott with USA Rugby,” Chairman of USA Rugby’s Board of Directors, Kevin Roberts said. ‘We wish him all the best and thank him for his commitment to the game and helping to move the U.S. forward.”

Johnson has been working with the U.S. Men’s National Team since March 2008 and wants to continue to help USA Rugby in anyway he can.

“Significant strides have been made,” Johnson said. “We have a growing player pool eligible for Eagles selection. I want to see the U.S. Team successful and I will do anything I can to contribute to this success.”

USA Rugby’s CEO and President of Rugby Operations Nigel Melville is now tasked to find a replacement.

Further information will be announced shortly.

Well, it seems cordial enough. As always, at least when dealing with USA Rugby and its fans, Scotty's saying the right thing... But if he REALLY cared all that much, he wouldn't have left, would he? Ah well, no use in sour grapes, it's pointless anyhow.. Finding a quality coach, quickly, is all that matters now. I remember Eddie O'Sullivan having some experience with American players at some point, for what that's worth.. I've got to do my research.. Oh yeah, Eddie O may already be on staff.. hmbut at this rate who knows...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by thunderchicken9; 02-02-09 at 14:28.
    by and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth-george carlin:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2