Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Leavers 09

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Lealiifano is improving but the BRUMBIES and his agent have put together a package for Gits return... There also a good chance Drew Mitchell may also get an offer form the BRUMBIES...

A number of BRUMBIES backs coming off contract in 2010...

If Giteau was to return home to the BRUMBIES they would be serious contenders for the 2010 S14 championship...if he wins a major championship he will get huge offers when eventually he goes to the Northern hemisphere...He also has a contract with the ARU until the next RWC...so I doubt he will be going anywhere for a few years...He wants to be a Wallaby...

Furthermore Chis...JOC has yet put on a S14 10 jersey so its a big call to make him the Wallabies flyhalf...i would think...
    I smell the desperation. You can't afford Gits. Prepare for disappointment

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    I smell the desperation. You can't afford Gits. Prepare for disappointment
    we'll see... desperation is a force and reds issue... 2 time champs are doing well...

vCash
    Ancient history
    Recent disappointments create expectation and pressure.......I was impressed with the innovations. There was some very fancy lineout moves and intricate backline play for round one. They will perform well based on their structures, innovations and high skill levels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    2 time champs are doing well...
    Living in the past isn't healthy.

Unless your last years champs your just another "also ran"
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Gits...........Would be nice if he stayed The quivering bottom lip and call to arms of player power are destabilising the team however. He might persuade others to stay if he does. It would be worth keeping him for this reason alone. It isn't likely he'll stay. The hairdressers in Perth are dull and unimaginative
    Woaahh I just read that properly. The only reason we should keep Giteau is because he'd convince other players to stay!? WHAT?

And I choose to bite now. Drew Mitchell is so not replaceable!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Drew Mitchell is so not replaceable!
    you might hate me for this but if you compare Drew and Haig with the other wingers that played the weekend then they are pritty much below par.
    Habana, Digby, Ndongane brothers are only a few to mention really stood up to the challenge were as Drew just did not look the goods and Haig were shockingly uncreative and slow

I will welcome Digby back at this stage and the Force Committee will be stupid not to consider it for 2010

vCash
    But Drew... was alright I thought. He wasn't outstanding, sure, but he's not bad. It was a really nice try he got. I haven't watched the reds game, so I can't compare him to Digby, but they both scored a try, so it looks OK on paper. He's defense was a little questionable, he slipped 1 major tackle from 4 that lead to a try but he clean up two of them strongly and with a little help from someone else shut down the other one. He wasn't outstanding. But noone on our team was REALLY outstanding on Friday.

He might not have looked the goods.. But he sure produced us a try from nothing? But I haven't seen anyone else this weekend. So I can't argue. I think we should keep him. Not juust because he's my favourite player. When Lote finally moves on, Drew will be the number 11 for the Wallabies, and that's a useful boy to have.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

Champion
    vCash
    pb u are correct Drew was so so that try was oportunist and nothing to creative there, Digby had a blinder aye we need a back that goes straight. On Friday they went from one side to another almost a training run!!! I would like to see Scott come into 2nd 5 to give some straight running for Crossy to feed off. Give Cummins a go on the wing Sara has played his last game for the Force

vCash
    I disagree about the opportunistic try. Watch the replay. His hands there were incredible and his anticipation also gave him the ability to capitalise on the mistake made by the Blues.

Digby is general is too inconsistent, and his defence is pathetic. I could get under his tackles. Likewise with Cummins who needs to bulk up and harden up to be in Wallabies contention. Haig Sare is the worst winger I've seen for the force since the team's inception.

I think you're over critical of Drew. He can only work with what he's got and whilst there were two poor tackles I witnessed they came of the back of earlier poor defence from the entire team so he can't be blamed alone. His attack work though was at times inspirational

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69ft jesus View Post
    At seasons end we are set to lose....(these guys are off contract.)

Gits
    Drew
    JOC
    Perhaps Sharpie
    Spanner
    Sare (oh well)
    Tai
    AJ

Is the party over?

Gits Drew will go for sure (so they continue their hairdressing business on each other)Tai will retire AJ will stay as noone else will want him (too small to be of any threat, Spanner will stay getting on, JOC will stay the carrot of Gits position will keep him. Sharpie hes under contract to 2010 I think?

vCash
    use Habana as an example He doesn't wait for the ball or for something to happen he will turn himself into a loose forward in a second and then he will be out of there and back on his post. He will clear the rucks like the best forwards in the game He will chase every single high ball that goes up and will contest every single ball 110% His defence is of the best in the world.
    The same can be said of Loto he makes things happen!!

I also like Drew and when he is on tune he is good but he has to learn how to create his own luck. He must get aggressive in defense and attacking with the ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Living in the past isn't healthy.

Unless your last years champs your just another "also ran"
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I understand when you don’t have a history it seems meaningless and that each year you try to forget the furballs coughed up of past years...

However but those who have a history take pride in it, they respect and acknowledge what it takes to achieve these goals...its good to be a BRUMBIES supporter...

Last edited by mudskipper; 15-02-09 at 14:48.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Woaahh I just read that properly. The only reason we should keep Giteau is because he'd convince other players to stay!? WHAT?

And I choose to bite now. Drew Mitchell is so not replaceable!
    Gits is a skillful talent. If he isn't happy here, there's no point having him. He's a destabilising influence because he thinks he knows better than the coach.

You missed the other comment regarding backrowers. Find a real pin up boy rather than a ninny

Last edited by chiselhead; 15-02-09 at 14:50.

vCash
    But Drew created that try from not much to work with, the force were battling to stop the ball crossing their line and he just went for it, and he made it, and it was luck.

vCash
    Gits is a skillful talent. If he isn't happy hear, there's no point having him. He's a destabilising influence because he thinks he knows better than the coach.

You missed the other comment regarding backrowers. Find a real pin up boy rather than a ninny
    But he's been saying he IS happy here. All the bloody media hype has worked! The ONLY article any newspaper has released with a quote from Giteau in it is him saying 'Perth is fantastic, but I'm weighing up the options'. All the speculation has worked on you, you think Giteau is not happy here because Grumbles Growden put magic mushrooms in his pie for lunch one day.

But did I miss something about destabilising the coach?

Yeah, I ignored the singing. Drew's not a freaking ninny!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast