Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Giteau Back to Brumbies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    He'd better put 100% into this team this season. I wonder if Mitch is going to move JOC to 10 for some if this season if thats where he's going to spend next year with us, if he stays...

I still maintain that Drew is not going to the Brumbies
    on the strength of his kicking last night they can have him....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    This is very, very disappointing for the Force. Its all over the news over East. No doubt Mudskipper is celebrating.

I noticed an article in today's Australian with the Force blaming the Brumbies for recruiting Giteau back.

The article talked about Giteau having a big offer from Ross Graham (ET mining ) to stay at the Force. Is that true?

Perhaps Giteau didnt like the offer from ET Mining. Apparently the former Force CEO now works for ET Mining and Giteau would know that ET Mining had a Joint Venture with Firepower.

Perhaps Giteau was nervous about an offer from this group again knowing the history involved. Knowing O'Meara recruited him in the first place. Giteau would have known all about this.

Gits probably sensed a case of de'javu? Not suggesting anything wrong at all with the offer or ET, but it doesnt look good and perhaps Giteau did his due diligence this time.

Again, its a shame.

vCash
    This is so different from American sport, a player signing a new contract while still playing out his time on the current deal.. I don't know if it's better or worse.. I guess it is more rational, all things considered, but..crrrraaap!!! Pretty gut-wrenching all the same! Too bad for Giteau and the Force, nonetheless, there's a Super 14 title to be won, this season, right now!

by and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth-george carlin:

vCash
    "Blaming the Brumbies"? They've never made any secret of wanting Giteau, and neither has any other team. It's part of the business to get the best and most suitable players recruited for your team. The Brumbies have signed Giteau for next season. All above board. Seems straight-forward.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Champion
    vCash
    We've had him for 2 valuable years with the development of some junior players with his leadership, hope the Force have the 'balls' to sign another named player, if we had 4.5m for 3 years for Gits, we should be able to get another player - maybe France Steyn or Luke Mcalister ?

Also hope we can hold onto the likes of Bam & JOC .....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    we should be able to get another player - maybe France Steyn or Luke Mcalister ?
    Does Dan Carter have a Super 14 contract for 2010 and 2011?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Does Dan Carter have a Super 14 contract for 2010 and 2011?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    i dont think he does but he has a NZRU contract for 10 & 11....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    i dont think he does but he has a NZRU contract for 10 & 11....
    wink wink nudge nudge
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Brock James ?

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I think it's good to have this announced this early in teh seasion, esp before teh Brumbies game. Gits is going to be under even more pressure to perform now - any slip ups on his behalf will be seen as him not caring abut his team, and that doesn;t look good no matter where you play and where your contract is at. It's all settled now, he can foxus on the rugby.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Good suggestion TQ1.

And to Gits, remember how much those Brumbies fans booed you in 2007?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I'm surprised people keep overlooking the guy that is a clear replacement for Gits - James O'Connor. He's 18/19 and big, faster and stronger than Gits was at that age.

I actually think O'Connor will become a better player than Gits in time. I know thats a big call, but he has great speed and talent.

He has one year to learn from Gits, then beat him next year.

The priority for the Force should now be to lock in other players that want to follow Giteau.

vCash
    1. No probs with JOC - but he has stated he will follow Gits - so I expect he will angle for a spot in the Brumbies.

2. The force are suffering with Gits - not because he is not a fantastic player or a reasonably nice guy but because he is - the force team has failed miserably to establish any kind of seperate identity or game plan, every single article has Gits name on it (whether or not he siad anything or had anything to do with supposed article) - If you close your eyes and listen to a Force commentary it is Gits this, Gits that etc... not knocking the bloke but the TEAM is suffering with him there. The TEAM needs to stand up by themselves.

PS anyone else think that Henjak will rejoin the Brumbies in the next couple of seasons as well.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    For those who watched the game yesterday, Gits' performance and commitment defensively especially in the second half (with what looks to be a sore shoulder) spoke volumes of his professionalism and desire to help his current team succeed. His cover defence was exceptional and I doubt there is many, if any, a flyhalf who's as committed defensively. I'm sure this will be the same commitment he'll show through to the end and I'm sure too that there's nothing more he'd love than to leave the Force with either some silverware in its cabinet or at the very least, having played in the finals.

No doubt about it, we will miss him and its a large void that even an exceptional prospect such as JO'C will find hard to fill. But as we all know, players come and go, some get injured and effectively have their seasons or careers ended and others seek opportunities elsewhere. As Jargs insinuated, we hopefully now have capacity to offer an attractive sum of money (assuming the money offered to Gits can be as easily deviated) to someother who we think can get us to the summits we seek.

Thanks Gits and I'm looking forward to watching you play in my beloved Force colours another 11 times.

P.S. You're right there too, TQ1. Good point.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    1. No probs with JOC - but he has stated he will follow Gits - so I expect he will angle for a spot in the Brumbies.

2. The force are suffering with Gits - not because he is not a fantastic player or a reasonably nice guy but because he is - the force team has failed miserably to establish any kind of seperate identity or game plan, every single article has Gits name on it (whether or not he siad anything or had anything to do with supposed article) - If you close your eyes and listen to a Force commentary it is Gits this, Gits that etc... not knocking the bloke but the TEAM is suffering with him there. The TEAM needs to stand up by themselves.

PS anyone else think that Henjak will rejoin the Brumbies in the next couple of seasons as well.
    Quite right TQ1. There are positives to take out of this. The backline will hopefully perform better if they stop expecting Giteau to do all the work for them.

There is always JO'C and Daruda and if JO'C did go maybe we can poach someone else off the Reds.... say Berrick Barnes.

Why in god's name would we want Frans Steyn playing for the Force? I wouldn't even be that keen on McAlister.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast