Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fears of player exodus at Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    From a very sad Force member, that stood at Subi to rally for the Super 14 team, and attendee of every match in Perth, including friendlies, even the ones against the Japanese club sides some years ago, I pray that something comes and drags us out this quagmire I feel is enveloping our beloved Force.
    i totally agree. if one player walks out, and all the other players signed with us to play with him, then they might all walk out and then what would we be left with!? nothing i hope john oniell finds his senses to help us out and keep a hold on our players and make sure they are happy here and dont need a superstar to hold them here

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    He should sign with the BRUMBIES, as most of the Wallabies backs will be playing there until the next rugby World Cup… If he plays with a stronger squad it will lengthen his Wallabies career…
    No Drew and JOC should stay with the , they should man up and show that they can be away from gits and still play rugby, come on you guys i know you have never had a real job but your not in high school anymore either. this is supposed to be PROFFESSIONAL Rugby. they are acting like kids who just found out ther best mate from last year has changed schools and want to follow. i just seen them on tv saying the only reason they came here is because of gits, to "learn". look fellas you already got the job!!!

<>

vCash
    if they want to follow Gits to the Brumbies maybe someone should point out that they all won't fit into one side
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    if they want to go, why bother stopping them?
    make them one offer, if they dont choose to accept it, dont sweeten the deal until they do. dont let a few select players rape and pillage the force, so that we are left with stuff all fundage to recruit until the players on these massive moines choose to leave.

it would really piss me off if the players left to go and play rugby with gits week in week out. personally i would relish the chance of playing against him once a season, so i can see if everything i have been working on in the lead up has worked.

if it comes down to it, i would prefer that money be spent on getting players who will stick around for the long term. develop a player, get a sense of loyalty into him so he chooses to stay here. we need someone with an attitude similar to robert harvey's attitude for st kilda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckNMaul View Post
    No Drew and JOC should stay with the , they should man up and show that they can be away from gits and still play rugby, come on you guys i know you have never had a real job but your not in high school anymore either. this is supposed to be PROFFESSIONAL Rugby. !
    Compare this with the situation with the mines in the West, workers were offred huge salaries to go work on the mines, if they were offered the same salary to rather work in Perth itself, why would they leave their families and friends to go work on the mines.

Unfortunately for us this is more or less what is happening with the Force

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Mitchell admitted joining Giteau in Canberra in 2010 was “an option worth looking at”.

“A big part of my reasoning in coming over here was to play with Matt Giteau,” he said.
    BLOODY HELL! Is there not a single player in Australian rugby who DOESN'T want to play with Matt Giteau? My goodness. He is not the centre of the universe. You shouldn't devote your rugby career to him. None of them should. Honestly.. Grow up, all of you!

Well I'm dissapointed, to say the least.

Pretty much what RucknMaul said.

Last edited by robyn <3; 23-02-09 at 18:16. Reason: Someone beat me to it!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Ah what will be will be whoever goes the fORCE WILL GO ON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    if they want to go, why bother stopping them?
    make them one offer, if they dont choose to accept it, dont sweeten the deal until they do. dont let a few select players rape and pillage the force, so that we are left with stuff all fundage to recruit until the players on these massive moines choose to leave.

it would really piss me off if the players left to go and play rugby with gits week in week out. personally i would relish the chance of playing against him once a season, so i can see if everything i have been working on in the lead up has worked.

if it comes down to it, i would prefer that money be spent on getting players who will stick around for the long term. develop a player, get a sense of loyalty into him so he chooses to stay here. we need someone with an attitude similar to robert harvey's attitude for st kilda
    well if you want someone to meet those credentials, there is no point trying to poach them from another team

vCash
    read the first 3 words of the second sentence in my third paragraph, thats the kind of player i would rather see the force invest time, money resources and effort into.

vCash
    yes the comment was made toungue in cheek

vCash
    that said though. i dont have a problem with clubs chasing players from other clubs. its benificial to all.
    i just think it shouldnt be allowed until after the whole season has been completed.

Last edited by jono; 23-02-09 at 18:18. Reason: still cant spell

vCash
    Seems everyone has turned on their own team. I dont think its actually as bad as everyone is making out. Players come and go but we still have season 2009. People seem to have lost sight of that.

I think the players just want to be left alone to play and make their own decisions. Who is to say that a 30 second snippet of an interview with the players is portraying the context of what they said? Its not. The only way you will know their true intentions is when they sign the dotted line whether it be for the Force or another team. At the end of the day its their choice and they have to live with it. At least they have been honest enough to admit Gits departure will play some role in their decision and not flat out deny it.

Thank goodness for going to Canberra this weekend, at least they'll be supporting Giteau while everyone else slags him off.

vCash
    that said though. i dont have a problem with clubs chasing players from other clubs. its benificial to all.
    i just think it shouldnt be allowed until after the whole season has been completed.
    neither do it, just dont chase qld players

vCash
    if rugbywa doesnt. someone else will. and it might not be an australian province.
    i would rather see an australian player run out for an australian side than some side in the northern hemisphere. unless there is a contracted player not from australia that is playing better than they are of course. because competition for posistion increases the overall competition

vCash
    if rugbywa doesnt. someone else will. and it might not be an australian province.
    i would rather see an australian player run out for an australian side than some side in the northern hemisphere. unless there is a contracted player not from australia that is playing better than they are of course. because competition for posistion increases the overall competition
    Being over here in England, I can see the huge amounts of money that French Rugby is throwing around and it can be at times, hard to resist the pull of that much money.

Let the force go in 2009

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast