Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Bloody Oath We Did!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post

Mean while the Brumbies have an early bye week so I guess they will withdraw back into the Griffith bat cave and work out how the hell they lost that match because next is the Waratahs at Canberra Stadium and should be a cracker….
    Thanks for the insight into where the brumbies have got their money from, Mud.

For those who don't know, Griffith is mentioned quite frequently in the new underbelly book, referring specifically to the drug trade that was set up during the 60s and 70s and also the residence of a large crook called Robert Trimbole, who was big into money laundering.

BTW, Moore wasn't joining the rest of the team in Griffith, as he was on his way home to Brisbane yesterday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Brumbies on their bye Weekend split up and visit their regional domain.... Griffith Canberra near manuka is where they training facilities are located... but also a town in their province... and growing your own is legal in Canberra for those of you who partake in such of life’s pleasures...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    and growing your own is legal in Canberra for those of you who partake in such of life’s pleasures...
    When did Griffith become part of the ACT?

And WTF are we talking about the Brumbies again for FFS!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Looks like an awful lot of NSW is included in 'Brumbies' territory....hmmm, I wonder what our Tahs friends think of that........

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Im having trouble getting through on TWF from both home and office (Its a mystery Coach) so I hope you all get this post? I cant read any threads past page 1, even if Im lucky enough to get logged on. So I cant see if it has been posted or not. So here goes Anywayas I wouldnt like you guys to miss mudskippers observations as we have become so close

Firstly a big Congratulations to the Force, for their win mighty over the Brumbies on Saturday night at Canberra Stadium. Its only the second time the Brumbies have been defeated at home against an Australian province since 1996 so Force fans should savor the historical win

While the Brumbies dominated the forward play their backline failed to fire up. It appeared to me that the Brumbies young flyhalf Lealiifano stifled when confronted by the worlds best flyhalf Matt Giteau the guy who hell loose his spot to next year. Lealiifano will have to work hard to regain his confidence and Coach Friends in him before the next outing. In todays Times Larkham has kindly supported Lealiifano and is prepared to help out at training when possible now he is back Japan. Apparently he was at the match Saturday night, likely on the sideline, so poor Lealiifano was playing Australias current flyhalf star Matt Giteau with the former Brumbies/Wallabies super star flyhalf looking on, no wonder the kid was a little nervous. Thats worst than Matt Bourke standing behind Kurtley Beale every time he kicked for goal the other weekBut no excuses youre either up to the task or not and thats all that matters once the match is over. Additionally Lealiifano has added pressure from the talented young QLDer flyhalf Matt Toomua who is eagerly waiting for a shot at 10

Cameron Shepherd the rugby player/journalist played one he his best games in years however on the wing. May I say perhaps mudskipper helped motivate him by talking down his Wallabies futures? As he is a slave to the media he likely read my impetuous opinion of his week one game at TWF... Good I say if that was the result Rockets help motivate & re-launch people sometimesand its kinder I do it as an outsider than leave it to the local TWF crew I cant help but think as most of his 3 tries were from an over lap, Drew Mitchell could have bagged them easily if he had not played at fullback Such is Providence what can you say it was Shepherds night and I welcome and will applaud more of the same in the future So dont stop now Shep

The force loosies were all good, but George Smith was still dominate at the breakdown and is still king. Some moments of brilliance by Giteau crafted a few excellent tries by the force. His kicking in play was outstanding Its just makes the wait longer to see him back at the Brumbies next yearWhat a team that will be

The Force set piece is still very weak and needs work, especially the scrum giving up a penalty try after being smash packing down 3 consecutive times is embarrassingsoft. Its rare to see a match lost by the team which dominates the set piece but thats what happened Saturday night. The Force defense was good which will be needed as their tour continues through New Zealand meeting the Chiefs and the Crusaders.

So who would have thought after 3 weeks and 2 very average games from the Force have popped up to the top 4 on 10 points and the TWF turtles coming out after the win .. Applause here.. stop it!. Get a hold of yourselves its only week 3..

Perhaps theyll show this season their more than a mid table team at best as we have seen in past years. Anyway enjoy the high of the win this week Force fans next week the Chiefs who are angry and hungry and still without a win playing at home with Donald a good savvy flyhalf who will organise his attack a little better than Lealiifano. Ill be watching and supporting the Force on that one

Mean while the Brumbies have an early bye week so I guess they will withdraw back into the Griffith bat cave and work out how the hell they lost that match because next is the Waratahs at Canberra Stadium and should be a cracker.

Additionally I think someone needed to drug test Sharpie after the match as his eyes were a little crazy... cheers mudskipper enjoy you're week in the sun...
    A simple "I was wrong" would have sufficed muddy
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Hahaha, well done force!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Larkham has kindly supported Lealiifano and is prepared to help out at training when possible now he is back Japan. Apparently he was at the match Saturday night, likely on the sideline,
    Pato Noriega was also at the match. I asked him (not entirely jokingly) if he'd consider moving to Perth as Scrum Coach.

Actually he looked so fit he could probably anchor ours himself. Maybe he could bring his young bloke too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Pato Noriega was also at the match. I asked him (not entirely jokingly) if he'd consider moving to Perth as Scrum Coach.

Actually he looked so fit he could probably anchor ours himself. Maybe he could bring his young bloke too.
    What was the reaction?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    What was the reaction?
    A wry smile. It was just after the penalty try.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask....however perhaps his wry smile hurt a little...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    A simple "I was wrong" would have sufficed muddy
    Posted via Mobile Device
    And I thought you guys were screeming for an essay...

16 - 20 at the 67 minute not that much in it... Brumbies blew it with some dumb stuff in the last 20 minutes... I think they kicked the ball out on the full 3 times... shishhhh....I just watched the replay...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    yep. anyone else?
    Me as well if its OK BnB

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8