Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs pick up bonus point victory against the Force

vCash
    Missed tackles.

Oh my goodness.

I want to know how many of them got tackling lessons from their Granny's. I tackle better than they do while playing netball. Heck, I bet little old ladies could tackle better than that playing lawn bowls!!! It was appalling!

Giteau was away with the fairies and it screwed up our entire game. JOC should have subbed on for Giteau rather than JP because at least that boy had his head in the game. I don't know what shots he was calling but he wasn't calling them RIGHT!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by robyn <3; 06-03-09 at 21:53. Reason: I spelt fairies wrong :(

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    What is happening with all teams in week 4 is Coaches have all the prior 2009 game videos to review each teams current play style... It makes it easier to defend against... Example The Crusaders showed the Force how to close down the brumbies game and hey did so last weekend... the chiefs have done their research on the Force this week... its a tough comp... the boys will regroup for next week and Mitch will have time to write a fresh game plan...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Or the committee.........

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    have a word with your drew, robyn. he messed up a number of times (mostly if not exclusively in the first half).

not putting this shite display down to just him though.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    have a word with your drew, robyn. he messed up a number of times (mostly if not exclusively in the first half).

not putting this shite display down to just him though.
    I missed the first half (damn school bus getting me home so late!) but I thought he was alright in the second half... considering how awful the entire team was!!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz
    Lets not get despondent, while we were pretty average, the Chiefs were awesome, some great running and they attacked the loose with venom. Credit where its due even if we played better we would have found it hard to beat them especially the way they played the first ha
    Lets not get despondent we are suppose to be Final contenders we are back to playing like we did at the start. If we are to be consided serious then we have to be more consistant in our games not up one week down the next. We deserve better then this from a team with such talent its about time they showed it on a more constant scale

vCash
    The Farce was absolutely raped at the breakdown and tackle contest. The Chiefs were physical and brutal and the Farce pack was MIA. It was painful to watch. The Chiefs backrow played with great energy, physicality and committment. They piled into the breakdown and were playing about 3 gears above the plodders in the yellow away strip.

It was woeful.

Giteau continued to put his slipper to every hard won posession.

The Chiefs backs showed us how to play running rugby. They used great speed and width and were dangerous on counter attack. The Farce kicked everything because they were playing an old mans game. The speed of the game was too much for them. The physicality of the game was too much for them.

An uninspiring and woefully poor performance

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Or the committee.........
    Is the committee working out the game plan or just the 22?.... I would think its the 22 or JM doesn't have a real head coaching job...

Is JM on the match committee?

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Too many missed tackles....and seriously what was the referee doing??? Two of their tries were forward passes and ours was a knock-on.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    Too many missed tackles....and seriously what was the referee doing??? Two of their tries were forward passes and ours was a knock-on.
    At least he was even(ish) in being shite. Excluding the last try because had we wanted to we could have ended the game before it was scored, we won the second half 7-3 and bombed a *lot* of try-scoring opportunites. Now that isn't necessarily a good thing but it could have been a lot worse. Take out that first shock try (how many bloody times has that happened over the last 2 years- the Reds & Stormers did it to us last year) and it could have been a much more even sided contest on the scoreboard.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    I thought the Chiefs played really well,too much speed to burn out wide,and their loosies were quick to the breakdowns,and were effective when they got there.
    The score could have been higher if it wasnt for their high error count.
    I thought the Chiefs were unlucky not to beat the sharks last week and are a team on the rise,unfortunately we caught them on a good day.This week we were out enthused and outsmarted.
    We also missed brownie at no.8 and around the field.

If Sheps and valentine are hoping to make the wallabies this year,they will need to make simple tackles and play consistantly.

vCash
    PATHETIC PATHETIC PATHETIC!!!

Mitchell should bugger off to the Eastern States now instead of waiting until the end of the season. He was an incompetent fool (sorry, Robyn) and should be dropped.

Too many missed tackles throughout the team and too many occasions of losing the ball in the tackle (PROTECT THE PILL).

Giteau actually played quite well & was often the one making the covering back tackle when the other players had missed. His face walking off at half-time was like thunder...maybe he gave the half-time serve to the team instead of Mitchell.

Sack the committee.

PS - stadium was awesome, if somewhat empty!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    You'll need to get a spot on the committee before next week Jedi, you have more riding on the game than the rest of us.

I only saw 20 minutes before half time, but within that snapshot, there was enough to indicate that the intensity wasn't there like last week. Missed tackles, knock ons, poor passing we were doing it all. However I did see the front row win a tighthead and the stats indicate they won 2 for the game.

Was it just me or were the chiefs able to get away with going off their feet at the breakdown quite a lot in the first half?

Apparently that stadium holds 25,000, any idea on the crowd size Jedi?

vCash

Force battered by Chiefs

Force battered by Chiefs
    March 6, 2009 - 7:32PM

Chiefs 31 Force 13

Missed tackles and handling errors cost the Western Force dearly as the Chiefs ran in four tries to one to post a thumping 31-13 triumph at Waikato Stadium in Hamilton on Friday.

The Chiefs, winless in the opening three rounds, set up the win with a blistering first-half as Lelia Masaga, Brendon Leonard and Richard Kahui all registered tries after shaking off weak tackles from their Force opponents.

Substitute Colin Burke earned the Chiefs a well deserved bonus point in the 82nd minute when he barged over the line to notch the home side's fourth try of the match.

But the Chiefs' first win of the season could come at a cost, with fullback Sosene Anesi suffering an injury to his right shoulder midway through the second half.

The Force, sensational in their 25-16 bonus-point win over the Brumbies last week, simply had no answers to the Chiefs' explosive backline in a match played at a frenetic pace.

It took the Chiefs just 45 seconds to notch the opening try of the match, with winger Masaga shaking off tackles from Cameron Shepherd, Matt Giteau and Drew Mitchell to cross over.

Penalties from Giteau and Shepherd closed the gap to 7-6 as the Force slowly worked their way back into the contest but their good work was undone in the final 10 minutes of the first half as the Chiefs crossed for another two tries.

Halfback Leonard crossed in the 33rd minute after a great break by flyhalf Stephen Donald, who sliced through the Force defence to set up his teammate for the easiest of tries.

And five minutes later, winger Sitiveni Sivivatu escaped the clutches of a diving Ryan Cross to set up centre Kahui, with Donald's third conversion of the match making it 21-6 at half-time.

The Force closed the gap to 21-13 in the 55th minute when the Chiefs spilled Josh Valentine's high bomb and flanker Tamaiti Horua scooped on the loose ball and ran 20m to score the visitors' first try.

Donald's 58th-minute penalty gave the Chiefs some breathing space at 24-13 but the Chiefs were put on the back foot for the next 10 minutes as the Force, led by Giteau, tested the home side's defence.

But it was the Chiefs who struck the final blow, with Burke exposing a tired Force defence to barge over under the post.

CHIEFS 31 (Colin Bourke, Richard Kahui, Brendon Leonard, Lelia Masaga tries Stephen Donald 4 cons pen) bt WESTERN FORCE 13 (Tamaiti Horua try Matt Giteau con Giteau, Cameron Shepherd pens) at Waikato Stadium. Referee: Matt Goddard (AUS).

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...842653040.html

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    Apparently that stadium holds 25,000, any idea on the crowd size Jedi?
    small. maybe a thousand on the non-camera side (unless they all wandered in at half time). a bundle more on camera side.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast