Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What price our sporting soul

vCash
    yes but that reinforces my first statement that ig corporations are just money hungry! ... but I'm just jealous because I don't have any!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    I now have a promise of 75 cents......not bad for a teacher!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I now have a promise of 75 cents......not bad for a teacher!
    only if you convice the WAFC to change the name of Subiaco Oval to "The Dungheap"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    Some people will go to one company over another because they see its name plastered over stadiums! Hence they get money!
    Do you think so? I'm not sure what power advertising really has, once you get the brand name in the public's mind.

For instance, would anyone be more inclined to buy a Volvo over a Ford, just because they sponsor the Force?* Would you consider changing banks when the Force start playing at Member's Equity? I'm happy with my Toyota and Comm Bank, so I won't be changing.

Advertising is useful for getting your name known (eg, who knew about Cillit Bang five years ago?) or your special offer. But if Emirates were more expensive than, say, Qantas would you fly them? (Actually, yes, I probably would, as I prefer their service.)

* It would be interesting to see if the Volvo dealerships in Perth do better this year than last.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    For instance, would anyone be more inclined to buy a Volvo over a Ford, just because they sponsor the Force?*
    Actually yes I would, if I were looking for a veteran car - some of the old Volvo's look rather sweet ...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I was thinking of buying a clapped out old banger of a Volvo just to park in the preferred area next to the Oval.

Wonder what Volvo would think?

vCash
    Very good article.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Actually yes I would, if I were looking for a veteran car - some of the old Volvo's look rather sweet ...
    Let me guess; one of those old square beaters in baby poo brown that everyone steers a wide berth around - the one that screams "Sorry, didn't see you there". I've often thought of getting one myself for going to the shopping center.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The old Volvo Death Squad!

Personally I think Hungry Jacks should do the sponsorship so they can hand out a free Whopper like The West hands out a free paper outside the grounds... mmmm

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    (eg, who knew about Cillit Bang five years ago?)
    Well not me for a start. In fact, I'm still in the dark. But I can Google it I suppose.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Do you think so? I'm not sure what power advertising really has, once you get the brand name in the public's mind.

For instance, would anyone be more inclined to buy a Volvo over a Ford, just because they sponsor the Force?* Would you consider changing banks when the Force start playing at Member's Equity? I'm happy with my Toyota and Comm Bank, so I won't be changing.

Advertising is useful for getting your name known (eg, who knew about Cillit Bang five years ago?) or your special offer. But if Emirates were more expensive than, say, Qantas would you fly them? (Actually, yes, I probably would, as I prefer their service.)

* It would be interesting to see if the Volvo dealerships in Perth do better this year than last.
    if advertising didnt work,billions wouldnt be spent on it

vCash

I'm not saying everyone who sees it will, but it does make a company more appealing if it is a house hold name!!!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3