Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rugby WA a disgrace in the bush

vCash
    Rugby WA doesn't seem to promote rugby very well. They need some new blood not biased by pre conceived ideas that there are no supporters outside of Perth metro.
    The Dockers for f--- sake have bus loads of supporters transported to games from regional areas. Pick up and drop off.
    There is no promotion of Force games in local media. When they held the odd blue moon rugby day with a few 3rd string Force players, nobody knew about it until a week later when there was a photos in the local free paper.
    Rugby WA are like politicians with their miopic view of expenditure. Sometimes you have to spend money on the future and you may not get the return on investment for a decade or more.
    The key to promoting the game is TV. I grew up on the east coast and every weekend there was rugby league on TV and not a lot of other sport in those days. I played rugby league as a wee nipper because of the hype and pedastal promotion of the players and the sport........I converted from the dark side as a teenager.
    Rugby WA needs to promote the game on WIN. Free to air television. It is broadcast to all regional areas of WA. Have a rugby show. Spread the gospel. Promote the game. Hype the players. Nobody watches it in regional WA because they've never heard of it, don't understand it and don't know the players or the amazing skills that it requires.
    Blokes like body contact sports. fact. AFL doesn't deliver. It's a market easy to break into. They need people with bigger visions and more intelligent fiscal spending. The money they piss away on various unproductive avenues could be spent more wisely.
    Having dealt with the organisation and been subjected to its poor customer service and ineptitudes it is hardly surprising that rugby in Western Australian regional areas hasn't progressed.
    The media is the tool of orators, governments, tyrants, successful businesses. Control the media, control the people. TEEEEE VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the benefits of the intellectually challenged at Rugby WA.
    Promote the game via the media you dunderheads and watch the numbers/teams/quality explode.
    Develop the game in WA or die as a concept. Work it out and work it out fast

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    They will of course say they can't afford it. Our budget won't cover it.......get out the tissues. This clearly demonstrates the lack of intelligence, vision, and willingness to succeed. Everybody has to knock off at 5PM and flex half days Tuesdays.
    Go to WIN. Find out how much it costs to have a weekly one hour rugby show. How much it costs to advertise rugby in peak hours with advertorials of amazing tries and huge hits and world cups etc etc etc..........and raise the money through sponsorships.They got millions for Gits for a quick fix and Mr Fixzit wanted out 18 months into his contract and has done more harm to the game than if the money had been spent on promoting the game The flow on benefits are massive. Increased player memberships, increased Force memberships = SPONSORS SPONSORS SPONSORS.
    The game has a bigger following in Kenya or the Cook islands. It's a disgrace.
    Rugby WA..........put a broom through the joint. They are failing miserably and the game will die if they are left in control
    Rugby is the second biggest world game to soccer. It is very marketable. If the gospel isn't spreading, the mesengers needs to be shot

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 14-03-09 at 07:32.

vCash
    Not arguing with much of what you're saying ethicist, but in response to the media question, I have some experience with attempting to promote stuff in the media (rectangular stadium issue, 18 months up now and still trying) the media over here is a tough nut to crack......we've tried everything and are constantly shut down and ignored.......OK, I know that buying advertising and infomercial time is a little different, but there's still an inherent resistance to rugby in the mainstream media.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Not arguing with much of what you're saying ethicist, but in response to the media question, I have some experience with attempting to promote stuff in the media (rectangular stadium issue, 18 months up now and still trying) the media over here is a tough nut to crack......we've tried everything and are constantly shut down and ignored.......OK, I know that buying advertising and infomercial time is a little different, but there's still an inherent resistance to rugby in the mainstream media.
    Agreed GIGS,
    I tried to get GWN and WIN news involved with our kids at the Test match last year, now I am biased but I thought that playing the curtain raiser to an international test match for a fledgling country junior club was quite a big deal. Response Nil, I think the agenda from WA media is pretty easy to spot, push AFL ignore the rest. Luckily the local paper has come on board and assists us where we can, It might help that two of our committee members' businesses spend big with them.

vCash
    Yeah, exactly the same......we've only ever got any mileage from community news and the talkback radio circuit

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Money talks
    The media will run anything if you pay for it
    You will only get a few lines from a cadet in an unread rag if you don't pay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaag View Post
    Agreed GIGS,
    I tried to get GWN and WIN news involved with our kids at the Test match last year, now I am biased but I thought that playing the curtain raiser to an international test match for a fledgling country junior club was quite a big deal. Response Nil, I think the agenda from WA media is pretty easy to spot, push AFL ignore the rest. Luckily the local paper has come on board and assists us where we can, It might help that two of our committee members' businesses spend big with them.
    We need to stand as one voice brother.
    We need to fire up the limp wrists at Rugby WA. At the end of the day, they should have the vision to promote the game.
    I think they suck at it.
    The world rugby juggernaught rolls on. Rugby is on the world menu.......Olympics, RWC, Super 14, Tri Nations, 6 Nations, International 7's tournament. Our time is nigh brothers. We must beat the drum and march our foot soldiers into battle. Rugby WA is run by lazy incompetent and inept people that are not worthy of our cause. They have not organised a stadium worthy of our army to view The Force. They are withdrawing the initial attempts to expand and develop the game. They are not promoting it at all in media to the level required. They are a weak organisation. Heads must roll! We must seize the moment

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Bloody hell, and I thought I was a shit stirring ratbag!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Bloody hell, and I thought I was a shit stirring ratbag!!
    You've been usurped Fulv! Quick- say something disparaging about Uni

vCash
    Wanneroo is flavour of the month Swee

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    You've been usurped Fulv! Quick- say something disparaging about Uni
    or Neddies

its a bit rich blaming rugby wa on the stadium situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    We need to stand as one voice brother.
    We must seize the moment
    Yes I agree, as I said in an earlier post start a club! we need to give kids an opportunity to play the great game.

Our rego day was today and we got just over 30 names down (a bit disappointing as I thought we might get a few more) but last year we started with 5 Walla kids. I don't want to be preachy, but I suspect I am coming over as such; but if you're not having success with RugbyWA just go out on your own. Every parent I bullied into helping last year said they had no time, but they eventually they put time in and we have a great committee. Successful business people usually have some intelligence, therefore like rugby, therefore will sponsor you.

I am not having a go and I hope I'm not across as narcissistic ; I think it is up to us to win the hearts and minds of these poor kids with no other option but to play Australian Rules.

I am more than happy to liaise with you about starting up a junior club as we started from scratch last year with barely anyone to play.

Saturday evening, beer o'clock

vCash
    I love it, a bit of ANARCHY let us storm the barriers as one. Let the people know we are here to stay and the MES will be the bastion of the and that no team will be safe within its walls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    Blokes like body contact sports. fact.
    erm - girls do too?!
    Have to agree though, to break through the GayFL barrier, rugby needs to be promoted in WA and that requires some creative thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    Let the people know we are here to stay and the MES will be the bastion of the
    You mean TWF Stadium?

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    TWF stadium Em...have I missed something along the line

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast