Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Karmichael Hunt

vCash
    Karmichael Hunt would be a pretty good union player, he could probably play in the centres or maybe fullback. I wouldnt be suprised if this works very well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    I think on memory that KH has played union in NZ prior to playing league in Outback QLD. my feeling is the Force is targeting him, tahs dont need him, brumbies are in the market but want mitchell and it only leaves force or the reds.... his not the biggest player running around but good with his feet (both quickness and kicking) a great pickup if we could get him.
    ah Karmichael has lived more then half his life in Brisbane, he played rugby union at Churchie in Brisbane in 2002 and 2003..

Same school as Quade Cooper and David Pocock, back then he was playing in the centres and at fullback, pretty much anywherre in the backline .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    i think he has been injured twice in the last in the last 4 years, he is actually quite a durable player. He puts his body on the line and has taken some massive hits and has fared quite well.

His kicking game is quite good, obviously he would need to work on it a bit more but he is the secondary kicker in general play for the Broncos behind Lockyer.

His major attributes are his safety under the highball(he is the best in the NRL), on top of that he is quite good defensively and also acts a second ball player for the broncos.

well i wouldnt be so sure, the brumbies are obviously on the search for another outside back since they have already sounded out mitchell.
    Brumbies have Gerardo and Peter Betham and Pat McCabe... However I wouldn't have a problem with Karmichael Hunt signing with the Brumbies... The only real leaguey at the Brumbies is Nick Henderson who was contracted with the Melbourne Storm in 2000. After two seasons of rugby league, where he spent the majority of his time with Storm feeder club Norths in Brisbane, Henderson switched to rugby. He's been there for a while now... Brumbies are the only province which hasn't had an established NRL league play sign...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Brumbies are the only province which hasn't had an established NRL league play sign...

im assuming you meant that the Brumbies are the only side which dont have an establised league in there squad currently

vCash
    Yep I stand corrected, your right I forgot about Andrew Walker... where as Tyrone I think as a rugby player how went to league but he did play for the Roosters (I don't know how much game time he got as he was young) but yep he did play for the Harlequins / London Broncos... Gee he has adapted very quickly back to rugby, ARU Rookie of the year 2008, its easy to forget... he really not that tall but solid and very strong...

Timani did a little league but not NRL... On the weekend He made a couple of mistakes but did get off a brilliant off load to Smith which ended in a try. He is a kid with a lot of promise...

now you've got me wondering if I've missed any others... Walker definitely was ARL high profile...

vCash

Body on the line!!!

i think he has been injured twice in the last in the last 4 years, he is actually quite a durable player. He puts his body on the line and has taken some massive hits and has fared quite well.

His kicking game is quite good, obviously he would need to work on it a bit more but he is the secondary kicker in general play for the Broncos behind Lockyer.

His major attributes are his safety under the highball(he is the best in the NRL), on top of that he is quite good defensively and also acts a second ball player for the broncos.

well i wouldnt be so sure, the brumbies are obviously on the search for another outside back since they have already sounded out mitchell.
    I not sure if he puts his body on the line, I just don't think he respects his body sometimes when he plays league. The size of the players he runs into with the ball is ridiculous!!! That could make him a versatile fullback, always good to have a fullback that doesn't mind bashing the ball up!!1

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Spot on, Shas.
    In fact it's not.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Brisbane Broncos withdraw contract offer to fullback Karmichael Hunt

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-10389,00.html
    Broncos are playing hardball now

vCash
    Broncos are playing hardball now
    Withdraw contract offer!... gee sounds like he is moving on...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Go West young man, go to the promised land.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    the NRL has pretty much consigned themselves to losing Karmichael now..

I wouldnt be suprised if Perth was a option, he wants to escape the limelight a bit, and without been rude, playing for the Force is probably the best opportunity for that, either the Force or the Storm, but the storm dont have any room in the salary cap.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'm growing in "confidence" (if that's really the appropriate emotion, I think I'd like him here on balance) that, if Australia, it will be the Force.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    well all i can say is that if he does remain in aus, its going to be between the Force and Brumbies..

He wants out of Brisbane, and Sydney isnt much better in terms of media exposure.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast