Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Giteau's influence persuades Edmonds

vCash
    What is it with all this Giteau-this - Giteau-that sh1t?! He's not THAT good (as evidenced by his ordinary form for the Force this year. He won't be the Wallabies #10 for RWC2011.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Edmonds is shit, Brumbies have done themselves wrong by not signing a younger player to learn there trade off Moore.

I understand depth, but Huia 'mediocre' Edmonds isnt what you would call depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Edmonds is shit, Brumbies have done themselves wrong by not signing a younger player to learn there trade off Moore.

I understand depth, but Huia 'mediocre' Edmonds isnt what you would call depth.
    They'll re-sign Saia Faingaa in the next few years... He'll return eventually to his home province, the mighty Brumbies... he just wanted to play in the same team as his twin Bro Anthony for a while longer.... So look after him TOCC we will want him back...

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    What is it with all this Giteau-this - Giteau-that sh1t?! He's not THAT good (as evidenced by his ordinary form for the Force this year. He won't be the Wallabies #10 for RWC2011.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    More deluded jilted Force supporter comments about Giteau.... its getting petty... mostly by the same individuals who were militant about his contract issues and could give a flying toss about his personal concerns earlier this year....

Everyone else in the rugby world rates him highly.... Only 7 matches to go and you wont have to nitpick about him anymore and he'll be back in his home Brumbies jersey...

vCash
    Mudskipper - do you seriously think Giteau has been playing well this season? When he's on his game he's fantastic but he's had a couple of unpredictable and irrational games recently and that's not what one expects from the best in the world. He has had some fantastic moments but he's had some rather off ones as well.

We critisise any other player who has bad games and just because he is returning to Brumbie-land doesn't mean we can't or won't discuss when he has a bad or good game.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Mudskipper - do you seriously think Giteau has been playing well this season? When he's on his game he's fantastic but he's had a couple of unpredictable and irrational games recently and that's not what one expects from the best in the world. He has had some fantastic moments but he's had some rather off ones as well.

We critisise any other player who has bad games and just because he is returning to Brumbie-land doesn't mean we can't or won't discuss when he has a bad or good game.
    Just like how you criticse your beloved Drew who quite frankly has been our most erratic player this season?

I don't think Giteau can be crticised for playing badly or playing erratically this season. He has been trying to play with a team who is highly inconsistant and playing poorly. Even the best in the world can't excel in a team sport as an individual as much as he is trying. I can recall only one truly terrible game for Gits and and that was with his boot and not the rest of his play. He has been consistant in trying to be the last line of defence, backing up, and being as innovative as possible with a backline that insists on standing level with each other in attack, and slow hands at the ruck. Whilst his tactics may not have always paid off I'm not about to call him anything less than a great player because he has done everything I would expect in his position....played his heart out.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Just like how you criticse your beloved Drew who quite frankly has been our most erratic player this season?

I don't think Giteau can be crticised for playing badly or playing erratically this season. He has been trying to play with a team who is highly inconsistant and playing poorly. Even the best in the world can't excel in a team sport as an individual as much as he is trying. I can recall only one truly terrible game for Gits and and that was with his boot and not the rest of his play. He has been consistant in trying to be the last line of defence, backing up, and being as innovative as possible with a backline that insists on standing level with each other in attack, and slow hands at the ruck. Whilst his tactics may not have always paid off I'm not about to call him anything less than a great player because he has done everything I would expect in his position....played his heart out.
    I do cristise my Drew. The most out of our entire team, probably because he has indeed been so frustratingly eratic. If you don't believe me ask Dad. He doesn't think that Drew's my favourite player - he thinks Drew's is on the top of my to-kill list!

That's what I mean, noone on our team has been playing well and no-one can flourish without a good team, and so most of our team have been playing badly. As has Giteau, so he deserves to be paid out as well. I guess a lot of it lands on Giteau because he co-ordinates our failing backline (though it is not entirely his fault) and because he is one of the best in this competition and I guess we subconciously expect more of him week in week out.

I'm not saying he hasn't played his heart out. Our backline is falling to pieces during play and while Giteau is not fully to blame for that he needs to take some of the responsibility for how we were against the Sharks last week. I'm not saying he is a bad player. He has just not been at his best recently, and that does deserve some critisism.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    With respect Jehna, it is his backline, as both VC and Flyhalf to sort out.
    Just like the leader of the lineout cops the rap for a poor performing lineout so does the Flyhalf for a poor performing backline.
    He is the General, the team is a reflection of the leader.
    I'm not going to join the great bash at this stage except to say that the ENTIRE backline needs to straighten up their lines and let the ball do the work.
    There may be one "inside sidestep through a hole created by drifting try available" in every match or two, not every second play.
    Almost without exception, the times the ball reaches a Winger he is between the 5m and Sideline with nowhere left to go. This is because the whole backline has drifted to the outside of their man.
    It starts at Flyhalf and is controlled by Flyhalf.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Just like the leader of the lineout cops the rap for a poor performing lineout so does the Flyhalf for a poor performing backline.
    I'm not going to join the great bash at this stage except to say that the ENTIRE backline needs to straighten up their lines and let the ball do the work.
    There may be one "inside sidestep through a hole created by drifting try available" in every match or two, not every second play.
    Almost without exception, the times the ball reaches a Winger he is between the 5m and Sideline with nowhere left to go. This is because the whole backline has drifted to the outside of their man.
    Absolutely Burgs. All I'm saying is that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Likewise I'm not calling for Mitch's sacking because his team is playing like crap. I'm not calling for the sacking of any of the coaching staff. I'm not criticising Sharpie for not being able to rally his troops to play like they want to win.

They're not miracle workers despite how much we believe that paying them millions should make them so....

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Absolutely Burgs. All I'm saying is that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Likewise I'm not calling for Mitch's sacking because his team is playing like crap. I'm not calling for the sacking of any of the coaching staff. I'm not criticising Sharpie for not being able to rally his troops to play like they want to win.

They're not miracle workers despite how much we believe that paying them millions should make them so....
    So we have an entire team not reaching the standards expected of them, but nobody is responsible?

Only people inside the team and organisation will ever really know if this group has a problem or not, but it doesn't look promising right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    You’re certainly not that critical about the coach John Mitchell achievements…. Mitchell is getting of very lightly here... If you want to point fingers at people... And the match committee gibberish doesn't cover up for Mitchell's failings to get the team performing and scoring points...

Just blaming Giteau is a bit of a rouse, a red herring and not the real problem wit the team performance…

vCash
    you obviously have an agenda regarding John Mitchell given your continued attacks against him
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    you obviously have an agenda regarding John Mitchell given your continued attacks against him
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I'm not attacking him... I just surprised about the lack of questioning directed to the coach that would be going on at any club... Its a notable the silence here about his role... But just blame Gits, Drew and anyone else who is leaving after this season... just don't question John Mitchell's indifference...

Giteau is a red herring to protect John Mitchell….

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    They'll re-sign Saia Faingaa in the next few years... He'll return eventually to his home province, the mighty Brumbies... he just wanted to play in the same team as his twin Bro Anthony for a while longer.... So look after him TOCC we will want him back...[COLOR="Silver"]
    meh, right now Anthony Faingaa has impressed me much more then Saia anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I'm not attacking him... I just surprised about the lack of questioning directed to the coach that would be going on at any club... Its a notable the silence here about his role... But just blame Gits, Drew and anyone else who is leaving after this season... just don't question John Mitchell's indifference...

Giteau is a red herring to protect John Mitchell.
    You have an agenda or just a general dislike for John Mitchell since you first joined.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    You have an agenda or just a general dislike for John Mitchell since you first joined.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Mitchell has shaped his own troubles.... Nonetheless, putting all that aside he is still coach and is responsible for results not just key players…

Metaphor: Scapegoat
    A scapegoat is someone selected to bear blame for a calamity. Scapegoating is the act of holding a person, group of people, or thing responsible for a multitude of problems. Related concepts include frameup, patsy, whipping boy and fall guy.

The definition fits…Giteau is the being used as an scapegoat for Mitchell’s failings…

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast