Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Force Score Bonus Point Win Over Reds

vCash
    Last night, before leaving the bowlo, TQ1 asked me what I was expecting for the night, and quite honestly, I wasn't expecting much, hoping maybe, but not expecting. The first two games at Subi were hopelessly frustrating to watch, and seeing all that possession and territory in the Sharks game come to nothing had well and truely done my head in. I was hoping for a win, but expected close fought, unattractive rugby.

THANK YOU BOYS FOR RESTORING THE FAITH

Last night was great- just as Sharpie said- right across the park. Love what I've seen from J O'C in the last couple of outings- really coming into his own and cementing that starting spot. The Cullet was great- definately award him the points againt Conner, try or no try. And Pek! And Bam! And everyone! The boys were playing with the kind of passion we've been hoping to see for ages. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Same again next week please!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    THAT's what I'm talking about. At last it clicks! Passion, commitment, teamwork and skill. Fantastic!!!!!

But the kicking is still terrible. Is gits a shit kicker or are we looking at tactical kicking that just isn't giving us the results we are looking for......the more I see it I think gits may not be the best boot in town. However, him and Joc really got it togther last night. If we get Grant and Joc stays then I hope we get a similar dynamic because that is what we need to break the line and win games. Oh, and quick ball out of the ruck helps too.....certainly seems like they have done the work in the right places to move forward.

Go The Force.....keep it up lads.

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    The Cullet was great-
    The head on shot of Crossy's try looked like a wool bail blowing apart, bloody hair going everywhere

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Speaking of hair what may i ask has JOC gone and done another hair brained idea!!!

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    So long as he keeps going like last night he can do what he likes Sandgroper
    Looks a little "Mine Me" to me, kids these days...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Speaking of hair what may i ask has JOC gone and done another hair brained idea!!!
    Same hairdresser as Gits

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Forget about the hairdressing - if they need to get into a zone to produce what they did last night so be it - frist decent watching game in Subi this year - they looked like they enjoyed it, we enjoyed it ( the crowd responded instantly to the announcer) it was a fantastic fun outing - don't much care for the result just want to watch a game - Last night we watched Our Team play together.

Similar thoughts to Swee before the game - all this contract stuff must be getting to the team too, not just the fans - not going to be much of an outing - but wham bam thank you mam what a show, what a result and poor Haig Sare might have scored the most important try of the season if the table gets stays as tight as it has in the last couple of weeks.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Yep fantastic effort by the Force, certainly played the type of enjoyable rugby that will bring the crowd support back.

I still felt that the refereeing from Dickheadson was not up to the level expected for this competition.
    He continually allowed the Reds forwards to run over the top of rucks and clear out players leaving the corridor to be exploited as it was at times.
    Between the three officials, there were many high tackles that went undetected.
    My biggest bitch is that little old us at Community Rugby level are continually being told the there is no place in the game for foul play especially "punching"
    The Judiciary have a "crimes act" with levels of punishment, and we are constantly told that the refs will be extremely hard on foul play.
    Dickheadson actually said "punching" and delivered the yellowcard to Higgenbottom.
    How are we ever going to stop players at our community rugby level throwing punches when S14 refs won't take a strong stance.
    Usually referee criticism only comes out if your team lost.
    Our guys won the game well last night, they were not assisted by the officials at all.
    Congratulations to all the players and management.

vCash
    Well done boys - Cross was back to last years best, JOC was inventive, and the forwards were hungry again - hope it continues on!

The refereeing was not of the highest standard, buts thats the price we pay for our position on the ladder

vCash
    They'll play even better when they stop kicking away 1st phase possession. Contrast the Force match with the Crusaders match beforehand....keep the ball in hand, recycle the ball & only kick as a last resort. It's not rocket-science. The Force will never qualify for top4 finals if they continue to kick the ball away to teams, especially those that can counter-attack significantly better than the one-man show of the Reds (Digby).

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah there was some very ordinary kicking. I remember one kick Giteau made to the open side of the field which went straight to Berry Barnes. Had the Reds a little bit more organisation they would have made us pay for that. A couple of other times the team played like they thought the whistle had gone- with absolutely no urgency- and a few times kicks with all the time in the world went nowhere.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    one of our better subi displays......great result, i thought joc was unlucky not to get the mom......
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Who did get MOM?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Hodgo

vCash
    Hodgo was official MOM.

Who cares what JO'C has done to his hair, if thats what got him playing so well make the whole team do it! Not that last night wasn't a suberb display of our boys at their best. Couldn't be any happier!!! More games like that will do wonders for the club and the fans, it truely was a heart pounding 80 minutes worth of full-on rugby, what more could you want?!

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE SCORE BONUS POINT WIN OVER REDS
    To quote our nobel leader Sharpie: BLOODY OATH WE DID!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast