7 Phil Waugh (NSW) (5)
    6 Mitchell Chapman (ACT) (1)
    5 Nathan Sharpe (Force) (5)
    4 Ben Hand (ACT) (1)
    3 Guy Shepherdson (ACT) (3)
    2 Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW) (3)
    1 Benn Robinson (NSW) (6)

(Number of times selected in brackets).
    Player of the round: JAMES O'CONNOR. </B />Another exceptional match from the teenager, who, in his few opportunities this season, has fired at fullback and in the centres.

Try of the round: MARK GERRARD. </B />Harry Kewell-like, in chipping and chasing, followed by three football dribble-throughs before scoring.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I find it hard to comment on many of these because I haven't seen the Brumbies game yet, but there's NO WAY Waugh played anywhere near David Pocock!

Also, how does Matt Hodgeson play man of the match and not get in when Richard Brown gets in? Surely Chapman wasn't that good? I also find it hard to believe at least one of our front rowers weren't there.That being said, I agree with Burgess and Turner, think 11 and 2 were a bit of a toss up and can't complain about TPN and Lote getting it (As much as I would want to).

I'll have to watch the Brumbies game before I can whinge further!

C'mon the

vCash
    Waugh has mates at the SMH and is still hopeful of a better offer in 2010... I think he trades inside info for good press... oops I shouldn't have said that...

Last edited by mudskipper; 06-04-09 at 14:35.

vCash
    What? No Reds?

Just joking. On their form these past two weeks, the Reds wouldn't even make the stadium bar staff team of the week.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    What? No Reds?

Just joking. On their form these past two weeks, the Reds wouldn't even make the stadium bar staff team of the week.
    Wouldnt want them doing that Tic.. It would mean they are in the employ of the WA Football Commission..

vCash
    I see Mr Growden's blatant disregard for anything thats good cannot be from the Force stance, as a positive.

The old saying "out of sight out of mind", this way the players like Cummings, Pockock ect will hopefully stay out of the minds of other Franchises and leave us a clearing to re-sign them when we need them to resign.

Thanks Mr Growden, in the end you may help us.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I only saw the second half of the Tahs match but it was a terrible game - I'm amazed 6 of their players made team of the week as it was a plodding victory - for me Turner, Tuquiri and Waugh maybe, but not the rest!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I haven't seen any Tahs games this year so I'll just object on principal

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    what?!? bambam should be there instead of Waugh. i think grumbles puts in waugh by default.
    lote?! where is the mention of nick cummins?! saved 2 tries in almost exact same style. but i am glad that Brownie is there and JOC, well deserved

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Grumbles must really get a kick out of reading the reactions to the SMH totw here every week. What surprises me is that some of us still seem surprised.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Rookie
    vCash
    ive always wondered how they pick these, especially as there often at one game live and watch the others on tv, you always pick up different things.

i guess with waugh he played very well against an almost springboks back row and i guess they take that into consideration while it looked like the reds didnt go to perth with a gameplan of winning.

ad on top of this that george smith is expected to do the things he does that he becomes almost underrated on occasions.

vCash
    No BamBam? WHAT! He was incredible. How on EARTH did he miss out?

Where is the WESTERN FORCE FRONT ROW! Where is Cummins! Stupid SMH...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Rugby365 Team of the Week - Round Eight:

15 - Louis Ludik (Lions):
    It is easy to look good in a team that wins all the time. It takes real talent to shine when your team is on the receiving end.

14 - Lachie Turner (Waratahs):
    In a game of very few highlights, he scored two of the most sublime tries of the season.

13 - Jaque Fourie (Lions):
    He has not only reclaimed his place as South Africa's first choice outside centre, but he is the premier No.13 in the competition.

12 - Wynand Olivier (Bulls):
    Another player who is managing to cause havoc with opposing defensive lines, despite his team struggling. His own defence is not too bad either.

11 - Dwayne Sweeney (Chiefs):
    He got his chance through another (injured) player's misfortune and made the most of his opportunity.

10 - Matt Giteau (Western Force):
    Simply sublime.

9 - Rory Kockott (Sharks):
    Even with Francois Steyn having a shocker at flyhalf (at least in the first half), Kockott managed to keep his team in the right areas. He is certainly putting his hand up for Springbok selection. But will it be noticed?

8 - Rodney So'oialo (Hurricanes):
    Very much still the glue that keeps the Hurricanes pack together - even when they are on the back foot.

7 - Phil Waugh (Waratahs):
    His work on the ground often goes unnoticed, but he is truly master class.

6 - Faifili Levave (Hurricanes):
    Having returned to Hurricanes country after a season with the Chiefs, he has become a key player in a very impressive loose trio.

5 - Johann Muller (Sharks):
    He doesn't often get the accolades he deserves, probably because he does all the dirty work in the trenches and don't shine on the wings, but as lock and captain he is one of the main reasons why the Sharks are top of the standings.

4 - Brad Thorn (Crusaders):
    We have gone for a double dosage of truly hard grafters in our second row this week.

3 - John Smit (Sharks):
    If he settles down at tighthead prop, he can become truly world class in the No.3 jersey. He is going to be invaluable to the Springbok cause against the British and Irish Lions this year.

2 - Tatafu Polota-Nau (Waratahs):
    It is amazing to think that he is still only 23, has almost 50 Super Rugby caps and nine Tests to his credit. He's likely to be around for a long time.

1 - Tendai Mtawarira (Sharks):
    We don't need to chant his now world famous nickname. The quality of his rugby speaks loudly enough.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."