Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force Snatch Loss from Jaws of Victory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    i heard talk of surgery. dont think he'll be back next week...or any time soon.
    He was on 93.1 after the match and said he's pretty confidant of playing next week.

He will be part of a blitzkrieg of Force tries at SFS that will put them mathematically still in contention. Again.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    im sorry i have to disagree with everyone. i think the boys played with HEART for 81 minutes.. even the replacements (christ they're replacements for a reason!)
    the Canes were DESPERATE and we underestimated them and we paid the price..

the first half was the best 40 mins of rugby if seen the Force play all year .. including the Brumbies & reds games.. they were clinical!.. unfortunately injuries to Cummings, Stanners, Brown, Pocock, Hodgo and the physical level of play they took through all the way to about the 75th minute wouldve taken its toll.

Im proud of everyone irrespective of the score.. and 2 bonus points is better than a poke in the eye! (5 wouldve been better of course! and at 75mins i was convinced we'd done enough)

shattered with the result but again proud of their effort!
    Mate, they played 3/4's of a game and paid the price for it. For a club that is looking to make the finals for the first time you would have thought they would have been a bit more desperate than that. Physical toll etc. are excuses in my book - that comes along with playing 80+ mins of rugby. The first 50 minutes were top shelf and that makes the end result even more disappointing.

vCash
    Firstly, congratulations to the mighty Cullet, his first and second super 14 tries both in his frist game after re-signing

Individually they played pretty well but the last 20 minutes something definately went missing, a Cummins-esque tackle on the wing like last week would have doen the trick
    Cummins & Brown limped off with ice taped to them, Valentine kind of hobbled off a bit with 1 shoe on and Spanner walked off happy as a pig in poop, his knee seemed to be perfectly fine.

Sheps seemed pretty certain he'll be back next week, especially after finishing 80 minutes as water boy. He didn't even get to water boy status last week, so things are looking better despite the rumour of surgery. Plus, the water-boy gig worked for Brownie's comeback, fingers crossed same goes for Sheps.

Last edited by laura; 10-04-09 at 23:08.

vCash
    i saw that as well. which was great news in itself.
    that was a pretty painful looking angle it went to when he landed.

vCash
    argh. damn the Canes. this one was SOOO in the bag! the force played so well in the first half, TMO judge is a loser, sharpie deserved that try.
    cullet was fantastic, his first try in super14
    we deserved a win, just seemed tired in the last seconds when we conceded.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    canes just wanted it more. they had enough in the tank to put on the pressure in a huge way in the last 20 espically. their work-rate picked up and there was a lot more off the ball movement and running by the entire team. the fresh legs helped them to their win.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    He will be part of a blitzkrieg of Force tries at SFS that will put them mathematically still in contention. Again.
    It's not that mathematically unlikely. We are 5 points off 4th spot (to the bloody Hurricanes no less) and realistically only the Bulls have the power to push that any further beyond reach. Four wins out of our last five (yeah I know it is a lot to hope for but we played great tonight) should be enough- particularly if we beat the Bulls.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wolly79 View Post
    For a club that is looking to make the finals for the first time you would have thought they would have been a bit more desperate than that. Physical toll etc.
    Welcome to the site wolly. Nice start 7 posts all bagging our team. But welcome, maybe they'll win you over. They can be frustrating at times but mostly they try their guts out. We are happy that we have a competitive team to go cheer for in an AFL dominated state. We want them to win of course, but hey, there are 10 other franchises who are still looking for their first S12/14 title too. Including tonights winners the Canes, the Tahs and the Sharks. It's a tough competition.

So, as I've said before, we won't be slitting our wrists just yet.

Outside WA? Where's wolly?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    (yeah I know it is a lot to hope for but we played great tonight) .
    No rules against optimism, James.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    i was getting happy near the end that i got 2 tips right so far
    now only 1

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    We were great in the first half. Fantastic even. Loved Cullet's effort. He'll be looking at a green and gold something later this year. Great stuff.

But my concern is the second half. What went wrong. Why did it go wrong. WHAT are we going to do to fix it. WHY! What on EARTH happened that could cause the team to play so amazingly not right! It wasn't just the ref and his brain explosions of rubbish, because they could have worked around it. It became slack and I am not impressed. They cruised out at half time and thought 'jeez this one is in the bag 4 tries we are good to go' and took their foot off the effort pedal and it cost us 4 points and possibly our season.

Who was MOM?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    man of match was Pocock i believe

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    bam-bam

vCash
    bam bam was MOM
    he played well
    no one got through him from what i saw
    cullet was amazin!
    wanted him 2 score a try for so long and i got my moneys worth x 2
    pitty bout the result though

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    via sports ears, if pocock had been pinged again he would have been sent off. also, apparently robbie deans was at the game too.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    ooo really
    very interesting
    saw cullet in action i hope!!!
    cullet=wallabies winger

BOKKE

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast