Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Injured Brumby Mark Gerrard looking to future overseas

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Lets hope the Force can display the same determination in Sydney tomorrow night....
    I expect better

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I expect better
    You used that line on the last thread coach.... Force by 7... & 4 tries....

vCash
    no it was this thread - I just quoted what I was referring to to remove any misinterpretations

btw -
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper
    "nail the TAhs like jelly fish to the fence"
    So you want the tahs to win?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    no it was this thread - I just quoted what I was referring to to remove any misinterpretations

btw -

So you want the tahs to win?
    Yes i do I'm not a Tahs supporter but often watch it with ones that are... I'd like to see the Force scoop the Australian provinces tomorrow...

vCash
    Yes i do I'm not a Tahs supporter but often watch it with ones that are... I'd like to see the Force scoop the Australian provinces tomorrow...
    Aren't you contradicting yourself there?

BTW - have you ever tried nailing a jellyfish to a fence? It's impossible. By saying you'd like to see the Force nail the tahs like a jellyfish to a fence, you are saying you want to see the Force fail.

You're exposing yourself as a not so in the closet tahs fan here MudSkipper - why the big Brumbies charade?

vCash
    No what happens when you nail jellyfish... they fall apart... think of it in a graphic display...

No... you misunderstand me coach… I'm definitely not a closet Tahs fan... If any team I want the Brumbies to beat each year is the Tahs...

But the Force have played some good rugby this year it would be fitting to see them win the Australian provincial title, which should have a name by the way…

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    ... which should have a name by the way…

"Australian Rugby Champions"?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    ARC?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    When Gerrard signed his 3year contract with the Brumbies, it had a clause which after 2 years, if he did not feel as though he was in contention for the Wallabies World Cup campaign, he would be able to eligable to request a release.. With players like O'Connor pushing for the position already far out from 2011, and with his place even now not certian, I think he's making a good decision leaving now while he can still attact good offers overseas as arguably the in form Super 14 fullback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Endurance View Post
    When Gerrard signed his 3year contract with the Brumbies, it had a clause which after 2 years, if he did not feel as though he was in contention for the Wallabies World Cup campaign, he would be able to eligable to request a release.. With players like O'Connor pushing for the position already far out from 2011, and with his place even now not certian, I think he's making a good decision leaving now while he can still attact good offers overseas as arguably the in form Super 14 fullback.
    Gerrard is just 26... he missed the last RWC with an injury just at the start... He wants to be a part of the RWC journey... He also fell out with Knuckles when he was Wallabies coach... Gerrard wants a new opportunity with Deans... The ARU will give him something worthwhile...

I wonder with the possible extension of the S14 to S15 and 22-26 matches is making all the contracts a little more complicated... As they don't know how many games they'll play...

vCash
    Gerrard is just 26... he missed the last RWC with an injury just at the start... He wants to be a part of the RWC journey... He also fell out with Knuckles when he was Wallabies coach... Gerrard wants a new opportunity with Deans... The ARU will give him something worthwhile...
    Gerrard was out of favour because even Connoly could tell he was too slow to be an international fullback/winger. An international wing/fullback needs to have a balance of attack and defence. That means, a good smart tactical head, an accurate boot, great one-on-one tackling and great open field running ability.

The difficulty that Deansey faces is the scarcity of the complete package in his talent pool. SNK is getting on and has brain farts every now and again, McLinden seems to look the goods, but is small, sometimes carries the ball loose and doesn't have a very long kick, Drew......attack is great, defence isn't, and Gerrardo is biased towards defence rather than attack.

If the Wallaby winger was being picked today, I think Gerrard would get it, not through real quality, but through being part of a limited pool. I think you'd also see some surprises in the training squad in the hope of uncovering the complete package. Shep would make it on sheer quality, but his game time is limited, and he might still be fragile. Rabbit would be in the squad anyway and might spend a fair bit of time at 15 if that is what's needed. McLinden would probably get a shot given that the cupboard's pretty bare.

Anything as long as Lote's not put there!

Gerrard only gets a gig with the when quicker players are unavailable.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Gerrard was out of favour because even Connoly could tell he was too slow to be an international fullback/winger. An international wing/fullback needs to have a balance of attack and defence. That means, a good smart tactical head, an accurate boot, great one-on-one tackling and great open field running ability.

The difficulty that Deansey faces is the scarcity of the complete package in his talent pool. SNK is getting on and has brain farts every now and again, McLinden seems to look the goods, but is small, sometimes carries the ball loose and doesn't have a very long kick, Drew......attack is great, defence isn't, and Gerrardo is biased towards defence rather than attack.

If the Wallaby winger was being picked today, I think Gerrard would get it, not through real quality, but through being part of a limited pool. I think you'd also see some surprises in the training squad in the hope of uncovering the complete package. Shep would make it on sheer quality, but his game time is limited, and he might still be fragile. Rabbit would be in the squad anyway and might spend a fair bit of time at 15 if that is what's needed. McLinden would probably get a shot given that the cupboard's pretty bare.

Anything as long as Lote's not put there!

Gerrard only gets a gig with the when quicker players are unavailable.
    Coaches always have to work with what’s available... Knuckles was the worst Wallabies coach in the last 20 years and never forgave Gerrard for losing when playing fly against the Ospreys when he put him in as Flyhalf...

Knuckles talked him up before the match and walked away from him after... A respectable coach should always back the player publicly, that’s just fair-minded, Knuckles is about he own magnitude and nothing more...

Gerrard is not the perfect player but is the best we have for now…

vCash
    and unless he commits to Australian Rugby beyond this year should not play for Australia
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    If he signs he will have to start with a NH squad this year and he would miss the spring tour... However he does have a Wallabies contract for this year...

vCash
    Shep seemed to pull up OK tonight and could easily make a late charge for the #15

If he does, he'll be backed up by Rabbit or (ugh) AAC.

C'mon the

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast