Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Club Trials April 4

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Club Trials April 4

This week Kalamunda take on Perth, Associates duel with Nedlands and Cottesloe mix it with Rockingham.

Palmyra head off to their own Camp Stellenboch in some secret location within a daytrip's distance from Perth, where they will no doubt lick their wounds from the drubbings they have received in previous encounters, and regroup for the battles to come.

What Uni, Wanneroo and Wests are doing is unknown to me, although if Wests haven't organised a trial this week they will probably be the only premier grade club in WA history to go straight into a season without having one.

I will probably take the opportunity to do an Elwee, and video tape the Nedlands trial, and, if the Roos are having one, their trial. Palmyra's brain trust will then spend the next two weeks trying to work out what that oval thing is that other club's players are passing between themselves.

Well I've worked out a pecking order for the Competition this year.

1 Kalamunda
    2 University
    3 Wanneroo
    4 Nedlands
    5 Associates
    6 Palmyra
    7 Cottesloe
    8 Rockingham
    9 Perth
    10 Wests.

I hope to hell I'm proved wrong.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The smote is for placing Baysies at number 9

vCash
    Well, if you'd let pass a little information, I might have promoted you a place or two ...

Looks like I'm up for at least 9 smotes anyway.

vCash
    I have no idea of what is happening I have been sick with the flu so I have been out of sirculation for a while but I will give Baysies a top 4 at the end of the season

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

Times for Saturday at Perth Bayswater

U18’s 3.30pm Ground 2 2 x 30 mins

U20’s 3.30pm Ground 1 2 x 30 mins

3rd/4th 4.35pm Ground 2 2 x 30 mins

2nd 5.15pm Ground 1 2 x 30 mins

1st 6.35pm Ground 1 2 x 35 mins

vCash
    haha that table is highly unlikely fulv... wests will be alright this year, they have a young team but plenty of flair! they have been having internal trials and i saw a few of the boys last weekend and they were pretty beat up so they are definately going hard! as for placing Baysie in 9th place do you really think Palmyra is going to do better than us this year?? From what i've heard its just a bunch of players going for the big hits, not much of a "team". But thats just what is going around...

vCash
    Yeah, your right Goony, you can rearrange numbers 3 to 10 in any order you wish and not be really wrong or really right. The top two however are probably not going to move.

vCash
    Well i'm not too sure on Uni, they are always a random package! But i wouldnt be considering them 2nd place, they lack depth which will be a big problem for them... and all this talk of them poaching one of our props is true but apparently he has gone off the radar lately, but i am strongly under the belief that there was money involved. they also tried poaching that props cousin who we recruited over and he trained with them for a bit whilst under contract with us and managed to scam them into flying his girlfriend over and now there is a big stink about it because he has come back to us... the world is going crazy!!

vCash
    Goony, good to see you blokes let your players get around like the village whore

vCash
    mate if they want to spread their wings amongst other things we will not step in the way.... unfortunately money talks and for some it has a very convincing voice. I believe our premiership openside flanker is playing for you guys now anyway kalafan, so we are distributing fairly!

vCash
    i believe he was also at our club celebrating our semi final win last year, the night before he played for you in your loss to Wanneroo

vCash
    yeah wouldnt doubt it, nothing wrong with that though probably didnt want to ruin his routine of drinking the night before a game. I heard that you boys are playing alot of your younger players against us this weekend and letting the more experienced players play 2nd grade this week?? good idea, will bring everyone's confidence up for sure

vCash
    I saw another prop return to Baysies from the dark side tonight

vCash
    I am hearing that Uni has poached wisely and well this year, and it appears their investments have been sound, notwithstanding their problems with scoundrels with Perth connections. Their problem is that they start from such a lowly and dispirited base from last year, having been flogged by over a hundred points in their last game.

Kalamunda may have the world's best backline, but with a depleted forward pack, giving them possession will be a serious problem for the empire builders.

Irrespective of the half hearted denials we have heard from RooDog and other Wanneroo apologists I repeat my earlier claim that they have received and misspent an obscene amount of money kindly donated by a masochistic senior club official in a forlorn and hopeless attempt to buy a premiership.They will be competitive this year, but that is all.

Wests are gone, they are even buying back second graders who gave them the flick.

Associates have lost more than they have gained , what you see from them is all they have. Passable, but ordinary.

Nedlands best years are behind them. The Roberts family have enough problems financing legal proceedings involving their offspring to be bothered to again finance the club, and most of the committed sponsors are pissed off after many seasons of financing the lifestyles of duds and no hopers.

Palmyra have no money, no players, and no hope.

Cottesloe have recruited some decent forwards but their backs are still pathetic and they have no depth.They will be lucky to end the season with enough senior players to field a second grade.

Rockingham are the perenial plodders , tough and determined but living in 1973, the year they were formed. They have yet to learn that well spent money and savvy thinking is everything. You can be the breeding ground of Australia's best youngsters, but what is the point if the best of them end up playing for other clubs.

Perth are still suffering under the delusion that they are a force in the competition, and, despite every indication to the contrary, that they will have the players and the depth to beat everybody, given enough time for the miracles they believe in to happen. News for you Perth, if miracles haven't happened by November, they sure as hell won't happen in April.

So there we have the whole sorry bunch. Dreamers the lot of them, but obviously one will get lucky. Which one? It's out of Kala and Uni in my opinion.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I

Palmyra have no money, no players, and no hope.
    atleast our 18s is looking alright.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Rockingham was called Wallaroo in those early days
    Often when playing down there,it was considered to be safer on the field,than off it!
    fortunately their spectators have mellowed these days

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast