Thread: West Coast Wills

vCash

West Coast Wills

I was watching "the Back Page" today when I saw this, further sniffing about apparently Geelong has something similar

Happy Birthday, now give us your money when you die

Alan Rosen's has two loves....

AFL footy, and ballroom dancing. He gets around a dance floor four hours a day...six, sometimes seven days a week! Pretty impressive for bloke who recently had open heart surgery and survives with one lung!

94 years young. Alan just celebrated his birthday...and to his delight his favourite club sent him a birthday card. He showed it to his step son Graeme.

The form inside asked Alan if he wanted to leave his money to the Geoff Christian Society, a newly established bequest fund for the West Coast Eagles.

"It felt like, you're not going to be around for much longer, you're not going to be around for such a long time, so think about it when you're making your will, I think that's pretty rude I really do."

But if you ask Alan, the Grim Reaper won't be knocking on his door any time soon.

"I don't worry about dying, I don't think about it."

The West Coast Eagles is one of the AFL's richest clubs, raking in 6.5 million dollars last year.

Trevor Nisbett is the club's CEO.

"Firstly to apologise to Mr Rosen if it offended him it certainly wasn't the right thing to do and we'll be talking to our staff, it's a new program so we need to ensure we get everything right."

Trevor Nisbett says money left to the club will be used to run the team and fund its community footy programs.

"We encourage anyone to look after their family first and if you're going to leave a gift to the foot ball club you've really got to be passionate about the club."

But the lads don't have to worry Alan is still planning to barrack for them until HIS last footy season.

"The one team I've been following all the time are the West Coast Eagles so I'll remain with the West Coast Eagles."

http://www.perthsaca.com.au/story_de...p?sID=TVRnNA==

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    "Firstly to apologise to Mr Rosen if it offended him it certainly wasn't the right thing to do and we'll be talking to our staff, it's a new program so we need to ensure we get everything right."
    IF it offended him???

This blokes joking right?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!