Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Metro Rugby Preview 9th May '09

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Metro Rugby Preview 9th May '09

(I'm posting this today to be one up on Rick. )

Palmyra v Rockingham
    On form so far this year it has to be Palmyra, even though Rockingham had a morale boosting win last weekend. It will be a very good tussle in the forwards, especially the set pieces, with Palmyra's front row showing it is up there with the best in the competition, and Rockingham hopefully having Longbottom and Minson firing. But is Minson really best used as a prop? Last year he was very highly rated as a no. 8. Must have grazed in a good paddock over summer!
    I think Pally will have some advantage in the backs. I give it to Palmyra by 20 points.

Wanneroo v Perth
    One of the two matches of the day. There is no love lost here and they will be out to hurt each other. Count on a couple of red cards resulting. I give it to Wanneroo by 10 points only on the basis that their team is more settled and Perth do not yet appear to have their final side together and have lost the services of one of the Murphy brothers. On the other hand 5/8 Moon has returned, and will give them direction in the backline again. I'm not really confident of my prediction here. If Wanneroo have more than one or two players out of their usual first team they will suffer from lack of quality depth, while Perth are reasonably well off in that department.

Nedlands v Kalamunda
    Who would have thought three weeks ago that this would be a battle between, if not cellar dwellers. then cellar lurkers?
    I find this hard to fathom. Nedlands have direction and excellent depth and quality players. They were unlucky to lose against Palmyra in the second round in the last few minutes. Kalamunda still have the nucleus of last year's premiership side and from what I saw last Saturday are capable of playing far better than their current performances indicate.They also have a very strong second grade. (Top of the ladder at the moment I think.)
    I give it to Nedlands by 5 points, but both sides have a lot to lose, probably a chance of a finals berth, if they lose another one on the trot.

Cottesloe v Associates
    You would have to pick Soaks. Dreyer was on fire for them last weekend, more than making up for the loss of Daruda at 5/8, and their fullback Holmes is a class act. (By the way, where was Daruda last Saturday? He wasn't injured, and he didn't travel with the Force, so should have been available against Nedlands.)
    If anything Soaks are likely to be vulnerable in the forwards. They have lost their travelling tall second rower Westcott who has now joined his wandering mates at University, New is their only recognised prop, and they don't appear to have the impact up front they had last year. Still and all, their backs should win through, and Cottesloe have a young, relatively inexperienced front row. Soaks by 35 points.

University v Wests Subiaco
    University by 25 points.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Neddies by 30

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    Neddies by 30
    I'm lost for words, I don't know what to think of you anymore... Kala will win in a tight game.

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Apprentice
    vCash
    Pally by 15. Pally are the hot team at the moment, look to have made some very good off season additions to the squad. Rocky seem to be in a bit of a injury crisis but cant be written off.

Roodogs by 20. Wanneroo are the Kalamunda of this year can see them going unbeaten. Perth will test them though, maybe just maybe Perth may have it up front.

Nedlands by 15. Kalamunda do not have the same team from last year and have lost close to 8 of the team that took the field in last years grand final. Some exciting back but they lack a kicking game. Neds will have too much control and composure

Soaks by 25

wests by 3

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    our 75th celebrations kick off this Saturday
    surely Kala can join in the spirit & lose gracefully

my son son faces the daunting prospect of marking Berryman in third grade

vCash
    Can't disagree with your Paly/Rocky prediction Fulvio.

As with last week against Wests, Rocky will be without the whole front row with Longbottom, O'Dea and Tyrrell still out with injuries, and Minson still doubtful to start.

Centre Jeremy Claydon, who has played well this season is also likely to be out with rib damage.

Look forward to having an ale or two with you mate.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Kala 1sts woeful last week! all star backline a joke! wholesale changes for losing to 2 pretty good sides in baysie and roodogs.? whats going on at this club? oh well 2nds and 3rds will win 1st grade a big day for neddies with the 75th do will probaly get them over the line but any other day i wouldnt put money on them.

paly smash rocky
    roodogs draw baysie
    soaks win
    wests lose

what was with all hype about uni there all shit!!!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Wanneroo have aquired former Wairarapa NPC and NZ Divisional XV openside flanker Sylvanius Iro. Another great 2009 addition to a team hell bent on taking the flag

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the magic View Post
    Kala 1sts woeful last week! all star backline a joke! wholesale changes for losing to 2 pretty good sides in baysie and roodogs.? whats going on at this club? oh well 2nds and 3rds will win 1st grade a big day for neddies with the 75th do will probaly get them over the line but any other day i wouldnt put money on them.

paly smash rocky
    roodogs draw baysie
    soaks win
    wests lose

what was with all hype about uni there all shit!!!
    Couldn't agree more with you Magic, the Kala Neddies 2nd grade will also be an interesting affair with Kala winning all 4 encounters last year.

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    our 75th celebrations kick off this Saturday
    surely Kala can join in the spirit & lose gracefully

my son son faces the daunting prospect of marking Berryman in third grade
    Make sure his will is in order or suggest a move into the forward pack, Norm has been swatting away opposition centres like flies

vCash
    More importantly, Rocko Under 10's Gold vs Uni.......Should be a smackdown, MiniGIGS was slicing 'em up like a lightsaber last week, but couldn't get the support involved, Hopefully with a bit more vision and committment to the ball on the floor, we'll have a quality win.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Couldn't agree more with you Magic, the Kala Neddies 2nd grade will also be an interesting affair with Kala winning all 4 encounters last year.

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

Make sure his will is in order or suggest a move into the forward pack, Norm has been swatting away opposition centres like flies
    I may suggest he fails a pre game fitness test

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    I may suggest he fails a pre game fitness test
    The only remedy for Norm is to make sure he does not get the ball!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    The only remedy for Norm is to make sure he does not get the ball!!!
    You obiously haven't seen the Kala 3rd grade, it would give most 2nd grade sides a good run, including ours

vCash
    You obiously haven't seen the Kala 3rd grade, it would give most 2nd grade sides a good run, including ours
    Dude I am Baysies 3rd grade assistant coach and played first tight and then loose head prop in the second half against Kala 3rds, so you cannot tell me anything about them. I rate them better than Kala first grade at this stage of the comp!!

vCash
    And probably Baysies

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast