Thread: Sportal Poll

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Sportal Poll

It's time to stand behind our team people, Sportal are running a poll discussing the merit of the Emirates Western Force being in the Super 14 competition.
    I would encourage you to all follow this link www.sportal.com.au/union.asp and help over come the Eastern States bias against Western Australia in such things.
    Thankfully the majority are only saying "Too early to tell" so far but the vote has only just started. Unlike other online votes, if you feel the urge you can multiple vote as well!
    Let's go folks, let's not let our team be bad mouthed unduly!
    Rise up and let them feel the Force

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Voted!

I think they are asking the wrong question. If it was "Has the addition of the Western Force helped the super 14 and Aus Rugby", my answer is an absolute yes. It's given a few new faces a chance to shine and that's exactly what alot of them have done.

vCash
    AHEM!

Just how many times did you vote Burgs? The poll now reads 50% positive for The Force and only 32% too early.

It would only accept one vote from me

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    AHEM!

Just how many times did you vote Burgs? The poll now reads 50% positive for The Force and only 32% too early.

It would only accept one vote from me
    Oh my word, I just went on to do my one vote and it's up to 70% now. Obviously a lot of support for us over East.

For goodness sake do not copy the hyperlink and everytime you log back on to the net do not paste it and go direct to it and vote again. That is just not in the spirit of the whole poll.

Go the Force

Just happy to be here

Apprentice Contributor Sweetooth1's Avatar
    vCash

Bleedin Heck

Hey folks,,, first time (virgin) for me, so if i've got It wrong ???
    today was supposed to be a busy day for me. Getting ready for the grand force N.Z. tour.
    Both in Dunedin (8th April)and Auckland (14th April).
    so I drive 60 kms from home, to Perry Lakes to buy souvineers to take with me to give the kids from N.Z. (at the games) to show a bit of FORCE pride.
    Feeling good abuot myself I walked out of the merchantise shop and put the products in my vehicle in the parking area.
    At this point I noticed the team starting to practice on the feild behind the mesh cyclone fence.
    Hello, I thought to myself, lookin at my watch, (had rung a freind to pick them up and had half an hour to spare)--- so proceeded through the oped gate, grabbed an old milk crate and sat quietley under the shade of a rather large gum tree listening to the sound of the birds as the sun was tucking it self up for bed, and started to watch the lads warm up for practice.------- Brilliant.
    Not 10 minutes had gone when a member from the team started to walk up to me.
    I was wearing the blue force t-shirt and blue force cap and thought "man he's going to ask me to join them.--WOW!!! WHOOPEE!!! 8)
    But alas
    He asked me to leave Said the lads were feeling awkward (or to that effect).and it was a closed practice.
    Well cut me legs off and call me shorty
    Just me there--- no wonder they can't win a game when theres 30,000 others. they must feel bloody terrified.
    The sad part I thought, was that members like us put together to support them and keep buying merchandise to help keep them going. Surely we could spend a little time watching our HEROS practice?
    I'm feeling a little disallusioned.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Welcome aboard Sweetooth! Crickey mate that sounds a bit rough, but you've got one hell of a road trip to get excitied about anyway!
    You wouldn't think that Rugby Park is the best place to hold a closed practice....
    They're probably all feeling a bit fragile at the moment with the heat coming without a win yet.
    Hopefully decked out in your finest "Blues" they may be a bit more hospitable to you in Dunedin and Auckland.
    Look forward to hearing from you during the tour if possible mate, or at least you might knock up a bit of a tour report for us when you get back?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Would be a pleasure to report back to you lot
    gotta practice learning how to do this before then
    I'm giving the FORCE 10 points this game.
    gotta be

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetooth1
    He asked me to leave Said the lads were feeling awkward (or to that effect).and it was a closed practice.
    Surely "this is a closed practice and we can't trust anyone - go away you spying stormers scumbag!" would have been better?

Welcome aboard Sweetooth1 - there a few from here heading across for the next couple games, and I hate you all! Have a good trip

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetooth1
    Would be a pleasure to report back to you lot
    gotta practice learning how to do this before then
    I'm giving the FORCE 10 points this game.
    gotta be
    Hey Sweettooth1, are you a part of the InnForcer's tour or different. If not then may be worth speaking to the InnForcer as he's going with a squad of guys too.

Just happy to be here

vCash

TOUR

I'm headin out there with lady friend , but catching up with the InnFORCErs later at a doo in bonny wee Dunedin with thier friends (if thats still ok with them) . I am staying two minutes away from the park at the Carisbrooke Tavern , so the ale will be flowing pre & post match Staying for two days to catch up with cuzzies then drive to Ch Ch to see even more cuzzies where we'll stay till the 14th before flying to Akl for the blues match and catch up with even some more cuzzies. then we'll return to Perth to catch up with some MAAATES!! and watch the Crusaders sadly thrash our pants off in our last home game for the season.
    but who really cares it's still good fun,
    catcha all later
    cheers fellas

Last edited by Sweetooth1; 31-03-06 at 11:03.