Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lote Tuqiri Fact File

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    WRF, they (signature) all seem to be in black & white

Bottom line is, I doubt we will see him play for the Wallabies ever again.
    The rest is now a matter for the lawyers.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    There's more to this all yet.
    Your not wrong, especially if the Sky News report I saw last thursday night is accurate in saying that days before Tuqiri's contract was terminated that the ARU offered him a 6 month payout of his contract. Surely not the sort of option to be taken by an organisation that has the right to sack someone outright?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Your not wrong, especially if the Sky News report I saw last thursday night is accurate in saying that days before Tuqiri's contract was terminated that the ARU offered him a 6 month payout of his contract. Surely not the sort of option to be taken by an organisation that has the right to sack someone outright?
    maybe they wanted to give lote the dignified way out rather then sacking him and causing this media circus..

Or maybe JON just wanted to cut his budget down...

Until i know whether he actually did something wrong to justify this, i cant help but feel sorry for the bloke..

vCash
    I've heard something but I'll wait and see a) if its true and b) if the media run with it.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    WRF, they (signature) all seem to be in black & white

Bottom line is, I doubt we will see him play for the Wallabies ever again.
    The rest is now a matter for the lawyers.
    I was going to use this one of the sidestep wizards, at least super shane is in colour. Hey I enjoyed making them anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    i think you are falling for the media hype a little to much muddy
    No I’ve been thinking this since day one of Lotegate... I believe the only reason the ARU JON have not stated his crime or protocol break is they know its a contractual interoperation of the contract and isn't clear cut... I guess we wait and see... But the action has divided the ARU and players...

Lote’s clever not to go in front of the media a plead for his role back. He would only be letting the ARU off the hook by bearing the bad news himself…. Just take legal action, litigate the bastards…

This is a major administrative screw up just as the Tri-nations season starts...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    How can you know that it has divided the ARU? What proof? Quotes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    No I’ve been thinking this since day one of Lotegate... I believe the only reason the ARU JON have not stated his crime or protocol break is they know its a contractual interoperation of the contract and isn't clear cut... I guess we wait and see... But the action has divided the ARU and players...

Lote’s clever not to go in front of the media a plead for his role back. He would only be letting the ARU off the hook by bearing the bad news himself…. Just take legal action, litigate the bastards…

This is a major administrative screw up just as the Tri-nations season starts...
    yet all your assumptions are based on what the media has fed you(plus a few made up on your own), no one but JON(ARU) or Lote know what he has been sacked for.

JON has not stated what lote did, but on the other hand he did invite Lote to say what he did, the fact that lote didnt come out and say it obviously indicates that there is something there. Otherwise he would have said "nothing".

Now the other thing which indicates to me that Tuqiri is guilty of something is the fact that RUPA have been very quiet on the issue since the initial day, Tuqiri would have been in contact with RUPA the last few days, yet they have remained very quiet, which is not like RUPA or Tony Dempsey.

anyway, im sure we will find out in the weeks coming, for the time been i think we should move on and focus on the upcoming tri-nations

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Right decision - Deans backs ARU move to dump Tuqiri

Greg Growden Chief Rugby Correspondent | July 6, 2009

WALLABIES coach Robbie Deans has fully endorsed the Australian Rugby Union for sacking Lote Tuqiri, one of the game's highest-profile players, and says the saga will not be a distraction in the lead up to this month's Bledisloe Cup match.

Commenting on suggest-ions Tuqiri's departure could fragment the Wallabies, Deans said he was confident the Australian team remained unified and "completely focused" on winning the Bledisloe Cup series, which begins in Auckland on July 18.

When contacted by the Herald last night, Deans said he supported the ARU in terminating Tuqiri's contract last week.

"I want to make clear that I was consulted during the process and I completely support the ARU's decision," Deans said. "I also fully support [ARU chief] John O'Neill's leadership on this issue.

"Obviously, I am unable to discuss Lote's actual termination but I have been concerned by how some have seized on this issue and may have attempted to use this to their advantage."

The ARU last week term-inated Tuqiri's multimillion-dollar contract. The move followed an investigation into what is understood to be a breach of Wallabies team protocol related to a recent incident at a team hotel. Tuqiri, who had been involved in several off-field misdemeanours, was believed to have been on his last warning with the ARU.

The ARU and Tuqiri have opted against providing details of what brought about his sacking because of imminent legal action.

Deans said that while it remained to be seen how the issue would affect the Wallabies, who commence a training camp in Sydney tomorrow, he was hopeful the players would not be distracted by it.

As the Wallabies are currently not together, it was impossible to gauge the mood of the group, but Deans says the team will soon be concentrating solely on the Tri Nations series.

It is understood the Wallabies squad is not aware of all the details behind Tuqiri's sudden departure.

Deans, who had a good relationship with Tuqiri, last night said he "always enjoyed working with Lote, and no one has wanted more for him to do well in the game than me".

Over the past year, Deans put an enormous amount of work into Tuqiri's game and, while overlooking him for the first three Tests this season, had not given up on him. Only a week ago Deans provided Tuqiri with some hope by explaining that if he kept doing the hard work, his opportunity would come.

"He is strong and he does intimidate," Deans said at the time.

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...732233190.html

Apprentice
    vCash
    a few observations,

Lote is not protected by employment law only contract law as the value of his contract excludes him from overprotection in krudd/gillard nightmare.

This will make the dispute more straight forward but I would'nt be surprised if the ARU have a planned settlement fee in mind. This is the most likely outcome a settlement with all sorts of nondiclosure clauses so none of us know what has actually happened.

This is what Lote will want to keep his rep in tack and sell himself OS.

So IMO we are never going to find out, can you get over it troll#1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredrucker View Post
    a few observations,

Lote is not protected by employment law only contract law as the value of his contract excludes him from overprotection in krudd/gillard nightmare.

This will make the dispute more straight forward but I would'nt be surprised if the ARU have a planned settlement fee in mind. This is the most likely outcome a settlement with all sorts of nondiclosure clauses so none of us know what has actually happened.

This is what Lote will want to keep his rep in tack and sell himself OS.
    I absolutely agree they the ARU would have a price in mind I expect its half of his 3 year contract fee but I think if Lote pushes hard enough he'll get 2/3s of the amount... And All will be happy. The ARU saves and Lote moves on and doesn't have to play Shute Shield to make it back into the Wallabies 22 which was only damaging brand Tuqiri anyway.... Additionally The ARU won’t want to test their player contracts in court and set a legal precedent...

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 07-07-09 at 14:10.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I absolutely agree they the ARU would have a price in mind I expect its half of his 3 year contract fee but I think if Lote pushes hard enough he'll get 2/3s of the amount... And All will be happy. The ARU saves and Lote moves on and doesn't have to play Shute Shield to make it back into the Wallabies 22 which was only damaging brand Tuqiri anyway.... Additionally The ARU won’t want to test their player contracts in court and set a legal precedent...

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Lotes contract was a "back end" contract where the bulk of the money was to be paid in the last couple of years.

He was offered $600,000 in a good faith payment to suck it up and walk away.

He declined.

Now it goes to court, and if it does actually make it into the court room (say to a confidential out of court agreement) then Lote will lose, they lawyers will win and ARU will still be way ahead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2