Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RUPA CEO Tony Dempsey announces investigation into Tuqiri sacking

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Id like to think the rest of the squad are switched on enough and wouldnt give a stuff about Lote. Im sure the majority would know the truth. Lote is cut from the same bit of cloth as Simmons and crew. Cant help himself. Just got to look at his website.!
    He is a arsehole and he has forgotten the golden rule.....no one is bigger than the team! The a sooner he is off the media screen the better.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Rookie
    vCash
    If the ARU tell the Squad at this stage even if they sign non disclosure agreements it will get out - you only have to look at what information comes up on this site because people talk to people who know people or they talk directly to players. Let alone what will appear in the press. Unfortunately it will get out...Maybe Mortlock should be told so that he can put the players minds at rest, if he agrees with the ARU. Unfortunately either it will come out in court or at a date when the players have to be told....be interesting to see how this one plays out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by domattw View Post
    If the ARU tell the Squad at this stage even if they sign non disclosure agreements it will get out - you only have to look at what information comes up on this site because people talk to people who know people or they talk directly to players. Let alone what will appear in the press. Unfortunately it will get out...Maybe Mortlock should be told so that he can put the players minds at rest, if he agrees with the ARU. Unfortunately either it will come out in court or at a date when the players have to be told....be interesting to see how this one plays out
    It's not about controlling the media domattw it's about abiding with the conditions of legal procedings, If they tell the players why they sacked him they run the risk of tainting witnesses. If that happens, the entire case could be thrown out of court and the ARU could be cited for contempt, that will really get the media spinning.

The instant Lote threatened legal proceedings the ARU were doomed to this course. It's surprising the ARU hadn't talked to the players before the threat, but maybe Lote called them immediately and they didn't get time to do it.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Of course they arent looking after Lote's best interest, they tore his bloody contract up!

ARU have legal binding not to say anything, firstly the ARU can get sued for defamation of character if they go reporting on something which is still been investigated by the police and adversely not yet proven true.

They are only rumours that i have heard so far from a couple of different sources, but if the rumour that Lote was involved in bringing a potentially drugged women(not drugged by him) back to his room prove true, then there is enough reason for him to be sacked.

As for passing it quietly onto members of the squad? what a load of shit, the fact that some of these members in the squad could be involved in a police interview or later brought into the court case prevents this from happening as well. Its none of there buisness, what do they need to know for? Players are uncertain about there contracts? well dont go fucking up!

George Smith and Stirling are practically obliged to say something, they are the captain and vice-captain of the team and need to be seen standing up for the players, regardless of whether they think it was right or wrong.
    TOCC... curve your loutish manner...The ARU have said it has nothing to do with any Police investigation or charge... Its a breach in protocol... I refer to his best interests as not telling the public as to protect his Lote’s name...

I think the players are entitled to ask why.... it doesn't mean the ARU will comply but they will with a judge in court...

vCash
    I heard he took a shit in the hotel corridor...

Wait, what?
    Oh ok.
    thanks.
    bye.

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    So what are you saying Mud, it is in Lote's best interests for the ARU to tell the public what he is supposed to have done? Why can't he do that himself?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think the players are entitled to ask why....
    Not really as at the end of the day it is a matter between the employer (ARU) and employee (Lote Tuqiri). I don't know many employers that go around revealing why staff are let go to the other employees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    TOCC... curve your loutish manner...The ARU have said it has nothing to do with any Police investigation or charge... Its a breach in protocol... I refer to his best interests as not telling the public as to protect his Lote’s name...

I think the players are entitled to ask why.... it doesn't mean the ARU will comply but they will with a judge in court...
    i never said he was getting charged, and the rumoured police investigation isnt into him.

Im still confused as to why its Lote's best interest for the ARU to tell the public why they sacked him, especially if it involves another women(not his wife).

Muddy, players are entitled to ask why, as everyone is, but with a impending court case having the players informed by either party could could have further legal implications.

Im led to believe that this final incident is not what is been questioned, the court case is over whether Lote received enough warnings to be sacked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2