Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Australian Schools Championship

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    A ridiculously high percentage of NSW players, considering the appalling result for that state. Old school tie politics (NSW style) is well and truly alive at the selection table.
    I absolutely agree, and just wish there was something more that could be done. This has been going on for years and about time there was a more equitable process now that WA Vict and the other states are on the rise. Can the ARU do anything?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'd imagine they would have about the same amount of sway as trying to influence the South Australian selectors on who to select unfortunately Pierre.
    It is my understanding that the Australian Schoolboys is an independent member Union in the same way as RWA, NSWRU etc is.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I'd imagine they would have about the same amount of sway as trying to influence the South Australian selectors on who to select unfortunately Pierre.
    It is my understanding that the Australian Schoolboys is an independent member Union in the same way as RWA, NSWRU etc is.
    Exactly the problem I suppose, so CS has to find a way of using the system - better minds than mine would have tried in the past, but it does eem pretty hopeless to attempt to get fair representation into the Aus1 and Aus2 sides. The problem follows on in that Aus Schoolboys representation is taken in such high regard if trying to pursue a career in rugby. If one does not have that AUS rep on the cv, life gets real hard to progress.
    Its a great pity as I witnessed some fine players at DIV2 from both WA and Vict, and amazed that more were not included.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well here's hoping the Force and S15 Expansion Scouts were there too and identified a few under the radar gems hey
    And let's not get me started on them being in line to play in a National Club Championship if it was available...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3