Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: They're at it again.......

vCash
    It's not so much that they're doing what they have to do for their sport, just that they MUST realise that Subiaco is not and will not be a suitable rectangular sports venue, and any attempts to make it so will short-change all the other sports that will get stuck there for years to come.

They are more than entitled to spruik for their sport, which already enjoys a dominant position, and frankly, shouldn't rely on short-changing the other codes to sure up their position. Argue for improvements to a football/AFL stadium for footballs/AFLs sake- if it were in FFA/ Football Wests best interests, they can say so on their own.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Swee_82; 19-07-09 at 12:28.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Far better to find a wall to beat with your head for all the effect it will have.
    a sense of self satisfaction

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Who said head butting a wall isn't satisfying?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    thats what i come to twf for

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    ...and why I stay in Beef

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    They in a way are justifying the upgrade so Subiaco will be suitable to host FIFA WC games. Which is a complete load of ****. Any realist knows that a rectangular stadium is required.

vCash
    My question is why the f*** would anyone in their right mind want to watch that gayfl game anyway?

Without a doubt the stupidist game on the planet. No wonder no other country in the world plays it. You need no ball handling skills to play it, the scoring area is about 50 metres wide, you don't have to be able to tackle anyone, most of the time you could throw a blanket over both teams and then there's the 3 retards called umpires who need to shut the hell up. Dumb stupid retarded sport.

Rant over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    My question is why the f*** would anyone in their right mind want to watch that gayfl game anyway?

Without a doubt the stupidist game on the planet. No wonder no other country in the world plays it. You need no ball handling skills to play it, the scoring area is about 50 metres wide, you don't have to be able to tackle anyone, most of the time you could throw a blanket over both teams and then there's the 3 retards called umpires who need to shut the hell up. Dumb stupid retarded sport.

Rant over.
    Plus, they get a point for missing. Pathetic. Here here, WRF

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Probably a couple of mild exagerations there WRF

As with a competitive game of anything, I quite enjoy watching a good game of footy and can appreciate the skill set required to excel in that sport.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post

Without a doubt the stupidist game on the planet.
    I dunno. They have a sport called bog snorkelling in some European backwater or other. Can't get much more stupid than that

Last edited by shasta; 20-07-09 at 01:58.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe a few of our back three should go and train with a AFL team to learn how to take a mark under a high ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    It's monday morning so I can't be arsed quoting people. I can understand the WAFC motives, and that is to look after their sport. But to me, despite being told several times this year that any funding for a new AFL ground (multi-purpose ground) or a Subi re-build would not be discussed for at least 2 years smacks of arrogance. I would imagine that Federal goverenment money will only be allocated should State Funding be granted which according to every thing that has been comming out of the accidental Premier's mouth has stated that it won't.

For an organisation such as the WAFC to have in the past bragged about what they are doing with RugbyWA's rent money to me rules out a publicly funded upgrade anytime soon

I wish the ARU was as active in lobbying the Fed's as for money for a Rectangular ground, but they rarely look at anything outside of NSW

I don't think that a Subiaco rebuild is the best option anyway, a total rebuild has been costed at $1 Billion when the MPS was costed (I know that budgets blow out, and the MPS) at $1.1 Billion dollars and that was apparently supposed to include the resumption of land costs as well, and to be fair I thought that a MPS was a good solution for International games etc, just not suitable for week in week out requirements of the Force and the Glory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I wish the ARU was as active in lobbying the Fed's as for money for a Rectangular ground, but they rarely look at anything outside of NSW
    It'll never happen, to attract significant federal funding, they would need to restructure the ARU board to fairly represent all states and territories.

C'mon the

vCash
    Anyone seen this in the West?: http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ntentID=156605

Mentions the need for a multipurpose sports stadium (doesn't say whether this should include AFL though) and “We shouldn’t build small stadiums, we shouldn’t build small theatres, we should build for the future.”

I can see why he's no longer in government

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2