Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boks squeeze NZ to death

vCash

Boks squeeze NZ to death

Boks squeeze NZ to death[COLOR="Silver"]

Cape Town – Punk-era band The Stranglers stubbornly refuse to drop off the musical map, after several decades. Might they even reinvent themselves as The Springboks?

For if the band’s name quickly and obviously conjures up images of methodically slow, sadistic squeezes to hapless throats, then the Boks of the last two Saturdays similarly qualify as stranglers extraordinaire.

And the poor souls spluttering for oxygen have been their traditional foes the All Blacks, clinically pounded into submission and heading home after their least productive ever Vodacom Tri-Nations tour of South Africa – zero log points from a possible 10 here tells you everything.

read the rest here: Boks squeeze NZ to death

---------- Post added at 07:29 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

Steyn shuts out All Blacks

Morné Steyn scored a Tri-Nations record 31 points as South Africa defeated title holders New Zealand for the second time within eight days on Saturday.

Flyhalf Steyn missed only the last of 10 kicks at goal as the Springboks triumphed 31-19 to move four points clear of the All Blacks after three rounds of the Tri-Nations.

Steyn eclipsed the 10-year record of All Blacks great Andrew Mehrtens by two points

read the rest here Steyn shuts out All Blacks

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 ----------

CAN I ADD THAT THE COMMENTATING ON fOXSPORT WAS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

They blamed the ref, the weather, the narrow pitch and the spectators for the All Black loss but could not get it over their lips to say that the Boks played better on the day

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by pieter blackie; 02-08-09 at 07:39.

vCash
    agreed... the commentators were typical NZ supporters.. viciously critical of their own teams very poor ball handling & decision making, critical of the refs whistleblowing, critical of the pitch width, critical of the weather...one wonders if they took some sad pills before the game.

I was also very annoyed at the Supersport cameramen.. they were shocking.. missed so much on the ball action, replays were fudged.. one camera had the jitters... very poor broadcast i must say..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    They blamed the ref, the weather, the narrow pitch and the spectators for the All Black loss but could not get it over their lips to say that the Boks played better on the day
    That's nothing new. It can be much worse when Mexted is on air. Maybe the NZ commentary reflects how paranoid most Kiwi Rugby fans can get on the rare occasions their team loses.

I've never understood how so many Kiwis have issues with Australian commentators in comparison. While they are obviously pro-Wallaby, I think their views on refereeing decisions etc are usually pretty balanced. The South African commentators, especially Hugh Bladen and Joel Stransky are the most unbiased commentary team of the lot.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The commentating was shocking, I went to bed in protest. I think the call on Ross was a little 50-50, but that was it. Everything else they said was of zero value or sense. Dumb kiwis.

I'm starting to feel a tad nervous about next weekend Fantastic effort by Morne!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That's nothing new. It can be much worse when Mexted is on air. Maybe the NZ commentary reflects how paranoid most Kiwi Rugby fans can get on the rare occasions their team loses.

I've never understood how so many Kiwis have issues with Australian commentators in comparison. While they are obviously pro-Wallaby, I think their views on refereeing decisions etc are usually pretty balanced. The South African commentators, especially Hugh Bladen and Joel Stransky are the most unbiased commentary team of the lot.

i think the south african commentators should do the whole lot. i really enjoy listening to their commentary when the wallabies or force play over there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    i think the south african commentators should do the whole lot. i really enjoy listening to their commentary when the wallabies or force play over there
    I love big Kobus. He's a crackup! He should do all the games full stop.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    well done boks but that ref holy crap he made some bad calls!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Let's not get to carried away here, Greg Martin and the rest of the aussie commentators are just the same when you guys are playing.

Its always the reasons why the wallabies lost and never because the other team played better.

The best commentator is the kiwi from the alternative rugby commentary, you can listen to him online, bit like a Roy and HG. Biased as hell as you would expect but funny as.

Brian Moore the English commentator is the most biased commentator when the poms play.

The only gay in the village got the call wrong when the kiwi number 5 kicked it back to his players, the ball was out of that ruck. Other than that he did ok, it was just the kiwi biased commentators making out he was making bad decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Let's not get to carried away here, Greg Martin and the rest of the aussie commentators are just the same when you guys are playing.
    Exactly. Let's sack them too!

The only gay in the village got the call wrong when the kiwi number 5 kicked it back to his players, the ball was out of that ruck. Other than that he did ok, it was just the kiwi biased commentators making out he was making bad decisions.
    Agreed. That was the only iffy call I spotted. I think Botha should have got a card in the first 5 seconds for that knee on Donalds head - very far from an accident. Other than that, I thought he was pretty good.

And Welsh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    well done boks but that ref holy crap he made some bad calls!
    There was only one bad call and that was when he ruled the ball was still in the ruck and Isaac Ross came from the side and kicked it back to his team and got a yellow for his efforts. The rest of the game was acceptable I thought

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

you beat me to it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Exactly. Let's sack them too!

And Welsh
    Welsh and Gay.

And no "is there any other kind" comments needed thank you

I'm all for the sacking of the fox sports commentators as well.

vCash
    who got MOM?

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash

Its always the reasons why the wallabies lost and never because the other team played better.
    If you were referring to my post, I said they are obviously pro Wallaby. I can live with that. But I reckon they take a pretty even line on bad refereeing decisions.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    If you were referring to my post, I said they are obviously pro Wallaby. I can live with that. But I reckon they take a pretty even line on bad refereeing decisions.
    Except Greg "I was the best fullback to ever grace a field" Martin, he is too one eyed to be a commentator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    I love big Kobus. He's a crackup! He should do all the games full stop.
    He would have to do it alone. Only just enough room for him alone in the commentary box.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast