Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this the bravest or stoopidedest thing your have seen in Rugby???

Champion
    vCash

Is this the bravest or stoopidedest thing your have seen in Rugby???

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I don't get it, why would he want to come off the field?

Too many soft c**** playing these days, aka JOC my leg hurts.

I've got a slight fracture in my neck, I'm playing this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Hmmmm...hope your team pyshio has a good stiff-neck collar and sandbags close by...

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Must be a forward thing!

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    It's easy to miss some breaks. For instance, my thumb and rib. I thought the thumb was just sprained, and would have def played rugby with it taped and plenty of ice on hand. as for the rib, it took 4 days for me to suspect it was broken, but when you see te x-ray, it was fairly displaced....yep, I would have finished te game.

Not a forward thing, you don't get much weedier or wimpier than me!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It's easy to miss some breaks. For instance, my thumb and rib. I thought the thumb was just sprained, and would have def played rugby with it taped and plenty of ice on hand. as for the rib, it took 4 days for me to suspect it was broken, but when you see te x-ray, it was fairly displaced....yep, I would have finished te game.

Not a forward thing, you don't get much weedier or wimpier than me!
    You can't do anything for broken ribs anyway so you may as well keep playing. The first time you do them you lie around looking for sympathy, second time your a bit better and by the third time you can call someone with a first time busted rib a poof for complaining about it.

Broken thumbs just F******hurt full stop.

vCash
    Probably a slight difference between the intensity in what you play an International Rugby

vCash
    Stupid. If he was in pain he should have stopped. Its not about 'toughing it out' and 'playing through the pain' its stupid. The risk for more serious injury is too high, break it further and get a bit bone fragment into an organ and you will quite possibly die. Obviously thats worst case and would be quite rare to actually happen but its still stupid.
    Players are meant to be in it for the game, not a tough competition, and to play injured just risks longer recovery time, more serious injury and more time not playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Probably a slight difference between the intensity in what you play an International Rugby
    Yeah but when you play cricket do you give it your all like your playing for Australia in the ashes? Different skill levels, different situation, same intensity. From me anyway, I still go in hard as I can.

Every night I still dream about playing rugby, my wife gets the occasional hit during the night. Off season nots so bad for her.

Player
    vCash
    Playing with pain is just another aspect of the game. And its good to see Ballina finally found someone with a little toughness to them. I played for Southern Cross Lismore in the Northern Rivers in 2005. Coming from Randwick it was pretty soft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Class View Post
    Playing with pain is just another aspect of the game. And its good to see Ballina finally found someone with a little toughness to them. I played for Southern Cross Lismore in the Northern Rivers in 2005. Coming from Randwick it was pretty soft.
    Yep and good on you for pointing it out. How many gayfl players get diagnosed with needing a knee recon and pull out for the season. Good old Phil Kearns had a pain killing injection in his knee and played a test match.

What about Buck Shelford when he got his testicle ripped out in a ruck. Runs off to the sheds and tucks it back in, a few stiches into the bag and he went back out there. What a legend.

vCash
    Yeah but when you play cricket do you give it your all like your playing for Australia in the ashes? Different skill levels, different situation, same intensity. From me anyway, I still go in hard as I can.

Every night I still dream about playing rugby, my wife gets the occasional hit during the night. Off season nots so bad for her.
    Bloody oath I do, especially now that I seem to have shaken that nagging back injury....and how did I do that? I sat out for the entire second half of last season.

But if you play injured an aggrivate it all you have to blame is yourself, I can understand you wanting to be out there, it is the same with me, it took me the first half of last season to go and see a doctor regarding my back.

I wholeheartedly understand playing injured in the game you pick up the injury, but going into a new game hurt is a bad idea. (Except broken fingers I ignore those)

vCash
    Bloody oath I do, especially now that I seem to have shaken that nagging back injury....and how did I do that? I sat out for the entire second half of last season.

But if you play injured an aggrivate it all you have to blame is yourself, I can understand you wanting to be out there, it is the same with me, it took me the first half of last season to go and see a doctor regarding my back.

I wholeheartedly understand playing injured in the game you pick up the injury, but going into a new game hurt is a bad idea. (Except broken fingers I ignore those)
    Seasons just about over then I'll be resting. See I think cricket is alot more dangerous than rugby. There is no bloody way in the world I would let someone bowl that bloody hard red thing at me at 100 k/ph +. I remember seeing some aussie player leave the field this season with one seriously busted finger from trying to catch the ball when it comes back of the bat even faster. You guys are the insane ones.

vCash
    Seasons just about over then I'll be resting. See I think cricket is alot more dangerous than rugby. There is no bloody way in the world I would let someone bowl that bloody hard red thing at me at 100 k/ph +. I remember seeing some aussie player leave the field this season with one seriously busted finger from trying to catch the ball when it comes back of the bat even faster. You guys are the insane ones.
    I broke the finger next to my right pinky in 4 places between the knuckle and the next joint up......great catch mind you. The thing is not to get hit by the bowler, and when you do just stare back at him

vCash
    I broke the finger next to my right pinky in 4 places between the knuckle and the next joint up......great catch mind you. The thing is not to get hit by the bowler, and when you do just stare back at him
    Sounds painful. My aussie mate conned me into playing indoor cricket once. "Here's a bat, what you've never held one before. Ok watch out then".

Funny but he won't return the favour, "Here's a scrum cap and a mouthguard, what you've never used one before, Ok watch out then".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast