Thread: All Blacks make five changes

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

All Blacks make five changes

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 12:03 PM

Source: ABC News

The All Blacks have made five changes to their team to play Australia in their attempt to avoid the Tri-Nations wooden spoon in their rugby Test in Wellington on Saturday.

Coach Graham Henry was expected to make changes after the All Blacks fell to their third straight loss this year against South Africa last week, but the most surprising was the inclusion of debutant lock Tom Donnelly at the expense of Isaac Ross.

Prop Neemia Tialata returns to the front row in place of Owen Franks and Adam Thomson takes over from Jerome Kaino as blindside flanker for the final Tri-Nations Test of the year.

Cory Jane comes in to the starting line-up on the right wing, taking over from Joe Rokocoko who moves to the left wing in place of the injured Sitiveni Sivivatu.

Following the unsuccessful experiment of playing Stephen Donald at inside centre last week, Ma'a Nonu returns in the number 12 jersey and Isaia Toeava takes Nonu's place at centre. New Zealand: Mils Muliaina, Cory Jane, Isaia Toeava, Ma'a Nonu, Joe Rokocoko, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (c), Adam Thomson, Tom Donnelly, Brad Thorn, Neemia Tialata, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Aled de Malmanche, John Afoa, Jason Eaton, Rodney So'oialo, Brendon Leonard, Stephen Donald, Hosea Gear.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Probably at least 50-50 overall in those changes, I don't think they lose a lot in the one injury-forced change, the others probably have a certain amount of swings and roundabouts.

Tialata has been brought on to increase the asshole factor, because Williams is out!

C'mon the

vCash
    an d I was hoping to see more of Donald

vCash
    Only because the way he played pretty much guarantees us a win. What we lose in Nonu's straight, hard running we pick up in his being immobile, shit defence hands like a bloody brick wall and immortal arrogance.........definitely a 50-50 there!

And Toeava's outside him, wouldn't he be a better 12?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Looks like a good team to beat to me.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    They are conceding a lot in Donnelly, Tialata and Nonu. Looks fairly conservative compared with the usual. Tialata and Donnelly don't have half the athleticism of Afoa and Ross but are both better in the set piece.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Well you'd have to say their set piece has been a bit of a shambles this year James. My question is, How much should be lost in general play to plug the leaks in the set piece. Force had to suffer a bit of that this year with a light scrum, and it took too long for them to reach parity, but will there be enough in the breakdown to justify the changes.

I think not, and will be proven right or wrong tomorrow

I guess in light of this, I'll have to put my vShirt on the Blackness folding!

C'mon the