vCash

2009 Tooheys New Shute Shield :: Grand Final Teams

2009 Tooheys New Shute Shield :: Grand Final Teams

Wednesday, 23 September 2009

NSWRU Media Unit

NSW PREMIERSHIP RUGBY GRAND FINAL DAY
    Sunday 27 September 2009
    Sydney Football Stadium

Tooheys New Shute Shield Grand Final (1st Grade)

SYDNEY UNIVERSITY V RANDWICK (ABC TV Game, 3:10pm)

Sydney University:
    1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa, 2. Nathan Charles, 3. Pat Ryan; 4. Dave Dennis, 5. Ben McCalman, 6. Pat McCutcheon, 7. Phil Waugh, 8. Tim Davidson [c]; 9. Scott Stumbles, 10. Daniel Halangahu; 11. Nick Edwards, 12. Tom Carter, 13. Mitch Inman, 14. Peter Betham; 15. Jacob Taylor. Reserves: 16. Jono Owen, 17. Ben Roberts, 18. Dean Mumm, 19. Jono Jenkins, 20. Luke Burgess, 21. Dan Kelly, 22. Rob O'Reilly, 23. Scott Cameron.

Randwick:
    1. Sekope Kepu, 2. Atonio Halangahu [c], 3. Lotu Taukeiaho; 4. Tim Maxwell, 5. Mark Chisholm; 6. Henry Vanderglas, 7. Seilala Lam, 8. Stephen Hoiles; 9. Patrick Phibbs, 10. Tim Walsh; 11. Drew Mitchell, 12. Shaun Foley, 13. Bernie Orbell, 14. Francis Fainifo; 15. Marshall Milroy. Reserves: 16. Daniel Spencer, 17. Nick Cummins, 18. Steve Brennan, 19. Dave Vizer, 20. Josh Valentine, 21. Ratu Nasiganiyavi, 22. Adam Freier, 23. Manning Doughty.

Referee:
    Stuart Dickinson

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Intersting that Phibbs is keeping Valentine out of the 9 jersey for Randwick. Will we see that at the Brumbies as well?

And Freier on the bench!!

Plenty of Force players in the game. Looking forward to this :-)

vCash
    I see Ratu is on the Bench... Looks like he has recovered from his injury....Maybe we will see him in the super14 next year...

vCash
    4 wallabies on the benches in total

vCash
    A few guys pushing for the Spring Tour training squad and possibly a tour

Sydney University: 1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa, 5. Ben McCalman, 7. Phil Waugh,

Randwick: 1. Sekope Kepu, 6. Henry Vanderglas, 8. Stephen Hoiles; 9. Patrick Phibbs, 14. Francis Fainifo, 20. Josh Valentine,

Player
    vCash
    Ratu's injury only really kept him out for 2 weeks. It has been at the request of the Tahs management that he is on the bench. Safety measure more than anything.

And those potential Wallabies are actually pretty good picks. At least half would be a real chance. Mainly Sekope, Jerry, Hoiles, Fainifo and Waugh. With McCalman a roughy.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    No chance on most of them. There is a long line of 1's before Jerry. Namely Robinson, Kepu (a definite), Holmes and Cowan. Deans has show a distinct disinterest in Hoiles. After watching the way Australia was smashed at the breakdown against the ABs I sincerely doubt he'll play someone of Hoiles' stature. Can't say I've seen enough of Vanderglas to comment much but you'd imagine he and McCalman are too green really. If Deans wanted to bring in a big backrower I reckon he should take a lot at Scott Higginbotham he was in great form for the Reds for most of last season. With the form Australian wingers have been showing FF may just get a run. God he can't be any worse than the other have been in the last couple of weeks.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    In regards to Ratu, I think it might have something to do with Drew Mitchell being brought into the squad more than anything - I honestly cannot see how Waratahs management would let him play the whole season then request he sits on the bench in the final...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    No chance on most of them. There is a long line of 1's before Jerry. Namely Robinson, Kepu (a definite), Holmes and Cowan. Deans has show a distinct disinterest in Hoiles. After watching the way Australia was smashed at the breakdown against the ABs I sincerely doubt he'll play someone of Hoiles' stature. Can't say I've seen enough of Vanderglas to comment much but you'd imagine he and McCalman are too green really. If Deans wanted to bring in a big backrower I reckon he should take a lot at Scott Higginbotham he was in great form for the Reds for most of last season. With the form Australian wingers have been showing FF may just get a run. God he can't be any worse than the other have been in the last couple of weeks.

However I do think Holies a is a better chance than Brown getting into the 35 tour squad..

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    If I were Deans, based on the way Australia have been losing like I said I would take Higginbotham.

vCash
    you never know... Deans wants some fresh blood... But he does have enough Rookies under performing already.... Higginbothom needs a good S14 behind him to be really noticed...

We don't need a gland slam tour full of loses... after this years tri-nations...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    He did have a good S14. Up until his card in the Force v Reds game he was probably the form backrower in Australia. He's 110kg and 194cm and pretty bloody aggressive which is kind of what was lacking from Wellington. Slot him in as a bruiser at 6 and shift Elsom to 8 (I reckon 8 is better for his workrate).

Has he been playing in the Brissie comp? Tic, TOCC know anything about that?

vCash
    Uni won. Sorry if that spoilt it for anyone still watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    He did have a good S14. Up until his card in the Force v Reds game he was probably the form backrower in Australia. He's 110kg and 194cm and pretty bloody aggressive which is kind of what was lacking from Wellington. Slot him in as a bruiser at 6 and shift Elsom to 8 (I reckon 8 is better for his workrate).

Has he been playing in the Brissie comp? Tic, TOCC know anything about that?
    yeah higgingbotham has been playing pretty well for Wests from what ive heard, he fits the physique required for a 6, i think he has a pretty strong chance to make the spring tour.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast